• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,929 posts in this topic

I think once Adam finishes selling all his collection, I will sell all mine and concentrate only on GA books 9.4 and above (see GA thread)...what do you all think (shrug)

Don't do it. Rick maybe try and focus on high grade only going forward and sell once you have upgraded. Your going to miss your mid grade MMC#9, pre-Robin Tec's, etc, etc. I tried to do it once but didn't have the patience to make it happen and hated when I let great books slip through my clutches because I wanted to stick to high grade copies only. I like too many books so keeping a narrow high grade focus is tough to do.

I think once Adam finishes selling all his collection, I will sell all mine and concentrate only on GA books 9.4 and above (see GA thread)...what do you all think (shrug)

Don't do it. Rick maybe try and focus on high grade only going forward and sell once you have upgraded. Your going to miss your mid grade MMC#9, pre-Robin Tec's, etc, etc. I tried to do it once but didn't have the patience to make it happen and hated when I let great books slip through my clutches because I wanted to stick to high grade copies only. I like too many books so keeping a narrow high grade focus is tough to do.

how about I only go after cgc 9.8 GA :baiting:

Hi Everyone,

I have been buying alot lately and it is now time for me to start selling some stuff off. I will be going through 27 long boxes, so it will be random stuff. My goal is to get closer to a Avengers #4, so if you can help a brother out it would be appreciated.

speed_Racer.jpg

Since I can't get my son to read my FF run (low/mid grade) books from 1-60 and he has no interest in doing it, I am going to start offering the books on ebay. HOWEVER before I do that I will take any "wantlist issues" from you guys to see if I have what your looking for. I only have 1 issue of each and grades vary per book. Sooo pm me with what your looking for please... I have a #1 reprint in 6.5/7.0 (graded as 6.5 per PGX) and missing I think 3 other issues, 12 (on the way to CGC), 39 and something else.

Thanks,

Steve

Just got my first of many shipments back from CGC and will scan in books to night to list -- here is some of what's going up - Strawberry shortcake #1-3-4-& 5

New X-Men #150 Double cover - Escape living dead leather cover .. (thumbs u

A few of these are the ONLY books on the census & GPA has no record of sales on some of these... So maybe we can change that .. :devil:

Thanks,

Edited by Mr.Silvestri

Since I can't get my son to read my XXXX he has no interest in doing it, I am going to start offering the books on ebay. HOWEVER before I do that I will take any "wantlist issues" from you guys to see if I have what your looking for. I only have 1 issue of each and grades vary per book. Sooo pm me with what your looking for please...

doh!:tonofbricks::sick:

70235.jpg.6c060e162c4eced2ec388ee8dc5e16d7.jpg

Since I can't get my son to read my XXXX he has no interest in doing it, I am going to start offering the books on ebay. HOWEVER before I do that I will take any "wantlist issues" from you guys to see if I have what your looking for. I only have 1 issue of each and grades vary per book. Sooo pm me with what your looking for please...

doh!:tonofbricks::sick:

My sentiments exactly......

I'm thinking of putting up some GA Batman(#'s 66 and 67), a Silver Age Batman(#121 1st Mr. Freeze), and Movie Comics #1 and #6. and a few other items up for sale. I need to scan some of these, but hope to have the thread up in the next couple of days. Thanks! :D

4.5 Short Boxes of Moderns from 2005-2006 - $225.00

I am considering posting 4 and a half shortboxes of moderns from 2005-2006, and a bit from 2007. They are all mainstream Marvel and DC ongoing titles, including a variety of minis and "event" limited series (Civil War, Crisis, 52, etc..). There are also a lot of the Dark Horse Star Wars titles that were running during that time. For Marvel, the runs consist of the main solo and team books such as ASM, Cap, Iron Man, New Avengers, She-Hulk, FF. Not very many "X-Men" titles. In fact, literally just a small handful of them. The DC books are titles like JSA, JLA, Supergirl, Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Latern, etc... along with a few Batman and Superman books.

In total, I estimate there are about 550 books. The books are almost all unread and bagged and boarded. I used to cherry pick for the highest grade copy available at the store, but I won't guarantee that the boxes are full of 9.8's, although I'm sure there are a number of them. I would be asking $225 (about .40 cents per book), plus shipping. Ideally, the buyer would have their own UPS account, and we could simply ship on their account number. Let me know if there is some interest in this, and I can put together more details.

Fantastic Four # 200-500 (including vol. 2 and 3) - $250

This is a complete run of FF from # 200 to 500, which includes the renumbered vol. 2 and vol. 3 books. It's about 3 short boxes of books. Many of these are uncirculated copies that are minty fresh 9.2 and higher. There are probably a boatload of 9.6's and plenty of 9.8's in here. 200-250 are a little bit lower grade than the later portions of the run, but are still very, very sweet.

Same thing would apply regarding shipping - buyer would pay actual shipping costs, ideally on their UPS account number. But US postal mail would be an option too.

Fantastic Four misc. lot of books from the 20 cent cover price era up to # 200 - $70???

There's probably 60 books or so. I'd have to take a closer look at these. Most are mid grade around VG/FN.

Amazing Spider-Man misc. lot from 70's and 80's - $250

A long box of ASM's from the 70's and 80's. Primarily mid-grade, but later issues get into VF and higher territory. Multiple copies of some issues. No # 238, but there is a #252.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't want to break up these lots and sell books individually. I just don't have time to do that with 1,000 comics. Again, please let me know if there's some interest and I can get you more details.

Thanks,

-Jim

Edited by jimm94

I will be listing High Grade Silver Age Atoms and Aquaman at very low prices tomorrow....

Any interest

I will be posting the following with conditions and prices at midnight pacific tonight, all high grade...working lot today,

ATOMS

AQUAMAN'S

29.34,36,37,38,40, 43, 44, 49,61

I will be listing High Grade Silver Age Atoms and Aquaman at very low prices tomorrow....

Any interest

I will be posting the following with conditions and prices at midnight pacific tonight, all high grade...working lot today,

ATOMS

AQUAMAN'S

Holy ....isn't that like 3:00am est??? I am going to be in lala land....

Any interest

ATOMS

AQUAMAN'S

Holy ....isn't that like 3:00am est??? I am going to be in lala land....

Snooze ya lose?? doh!