• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,931 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have a few books coming back this week from CGC for sale.

Batman 241 (5/72) 9.8 Universal OW/W Highest Graded (there are 5 in the census).

Wolverine 1 (9/82) 9.6 Modern OW/W

Wolverine 2 (10/82) 9.8 Modern W

Wolverine 3 (11/82) 9.8 Modern OW/W

Wolverine 4 (12/82) 9.6 Modern W

I will put up scans and pricing as soon as I can.

Regards.

I'll be putting up a sales thread tonight.

New stuff will include pre-Nick Fury Strange Tales most in nicer shape (6.0-9.0).

116 - 134 a near complete run missing only 127

Hello,

I'm think of having a mega-mystery box type sale in a week or two with a twist, but would like some feedback first.

Its far from finalized so feel free to offer suggestions.

My thoughts are for ten boxes at $200 each. Each box would be filled and sealed before the sale starts. box would have slabs, Sa and BA books- mostly good stuff.

You pick a box number and you get that box plus one ticket to a raffle. Raffle would be held and the winner gets his choice of one of ten items. Say number #4 is drawn, then the pecking order would be

4,5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 1, 2, 3.#5 chooses second, six chooses third, ect, ect.

Top prize would be a something like a triple signed litho with Kirby/Lee/Simon sigs. Other prizes would include OA pages, signed prints, Omni's Masterworks,Treasuries and the like.

The winning box would receive upwards of $500 worth of stuff, the last two boxes would get about $100 worth. The other seven would vary, each one going down a bit.

Sale wouldn't go thru unless all ten boxes sell and someone could buy all ten if they chose.

The last box would get stuff worth much less than they paid. The second to last would get a bit more.

But for $200, you might also get something worth two or three times the amount.

Nothing is set in stone. I am looking for feedback to make this fun for all.

Hello,

I'm think of having a mega-mystery box type sale in a week or two with a twist, but would like some feedback first.

Its far from finalized so feel free to offer suggestions.

My thoughts are for ten boxes at $200 each. Each box would be filled and sealed before the sale starts. box would have slabs, Sa and BA books- mostly good stuff.

You pick a box number and you get that box plus one ticket to a raffle. Raffle would be held and the winner gets his choice of one of ten items. Say number #4 is drawn, then the pecking order would be

4,5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 1, 2, 3.#5 chooses second, six chooses third, ect, ect.

Top prize would be a something like a triple signed litho with Kirby/Lee/Simon sigs. Other prizes would include OA pages, signed prints, Omni's Masterworks,Treasuries and the like.

The winning box would receive upwards of $500 worth of stuff, the last two boxes would get about $100 worth. The other seven would vary, each one going down a bit.

Sale wouldn't go thru unless all ten boxes sell and someone could buy all ten if they chose.

There was a seller who was trying a sale like this a little over a month ago. It was a colossal failure. Mainly due to the fact that sure, some people would win big, but then others would basically be spending $200 for $100 worth of books. People are going to want to make sure that what they get is worth at least what they spent.

Yes, there would be a gamble in it. Or someone could buy all ten boxes and eliminate the risk entirely.

Whats the worst that happens?You lose a bit but have fun taking a risk. It's an 80% chance you come out ahead on the deal.

Each box would contain at least $100 worth of books, and the worst raffle holder would still get an item besides the box.

Any suggestions you have that you think would make it more appealing would be appreciated.

Prizes so far would be

1) a triple signed and numbered Kirby/Lee/Simon Litho.

2) A signed Joe Simon Litho in a frame that cost approx $350 for the framing

3) the same Simon signed Litho in the shrinkwrap it was sold in

4) A signed Burne Hogarth Litho in a frame that cost approx. $300 for the framing

5) A set of five Dark Horse Archives with a $250 sticker price

6) Two Marvel Omnibi with a $175 or more sticker price.

7) A S/N Will Eisner Hardcover

8) Four DC Archives with a $200 sticker.

Still working on the others. I might offer twelve or thirteen so even the person picking last has his choice of a few items.

Scanning a small lot of some misc GA books for a thread this afternoon, should be up and running within the hour....

Action Comics #88 through World's Finest #21 with all sorts of stuff in between!

Going to have a weird sales thread tonight. Some never seen before SS, trades, hard cover and softcover, some blue label slabs that I am giving up the ghost on, maybe some some mods. Should be fun.

Going to have a weird sales thread tonight. Some never seen before SS, trades, hard cover and softcover, some blue label slabs that I am giving up the ghost on, maybe some some mods. Should be fun.

First part is up, a couple of not often seen 50's #1s in the mix, Legends of Daniel Boone and Harvey Hits. May have some more blue labels today!

I'm going to be listing about 26 Good Girl Art Books, most are Fiction House, I think there is one Fox book. All are raw, none have been pressed, no high grades so far, they will be reasonable prices.

Should start around 9pm and finish tomorrow night:)

I'm going to be listing about 26 Good Girl Art Books, most are Fiction House, I think there is one Fox book. All are raw, none have been pressed, no high grades so far, they will be reasonable prices.

Should start around 9pm and finish tomorrow night:)

:whee:

:news:

Tentative Thread tommarow night. Some really good odds and ends including one or possibly two big Golden Age books and some Undergrounds.

Captain Americas Weird Tales #74 CGC (3.5)

Web of Horror

Famous Monsters

Eerie

Vampirella

Tales of Voodoo

Witches

Despair

Junkwaffel

Dells

Daredevil

and more!

I'm going to have one more GA sales thread tonight, at about 7pm.. These are all from my collection and for the most part are going to be lower grade, but they will be mixed, might be a few surprises in mid grades ...all of them are raw, and none have been pressed (at least not by me or that I can tell and I've had most of these a while;) .

DC, Nedor, MLJ, Timely,Fox, Centaur, Hillman, Fawqcett,etc at least 2 pre code Horrors and one SA book (the 2nd Krypto)

About 40 books. I don't have a complete list yet, so I can't post one, but there are some Actions, All Americans (Green Lantern and before) , Amercia's Best, Airfighter,Black Cat, Pep, Detective, Batman, an early (tough) Showcase,WonderWorld, Amazing-Man I'm still pulling books, so I'm not certain what else, but it should be interesting.,

I'll probably list 1/2 tonight, and 1/2 tomorrow, unless i get them all scanned by some miracle;)

Hope to see you later.

Later today (between 8-10pmEST) I'll be starting a post-SDCC thread.

I am moving in less than a month so I'd like to clear a bunch of stuff out.

Will include:

Superman Unchained #1 SDCC raw signed by Lee, Williams, Sinclair

Superman Unchained #1 SDCC raw signed by Snyder, Lee, Williams, Sinclair, Nguyen

Batman #21 SDCC raw signed by Sndyer, Capullo, Miki, Tynion IV

Various raw unsigned SDCC Variants

Various other raw variants, popular moderns, etc.