• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,918 posts in this topic

Within the next few days I'll be listing 30-40 or so books from what I thought was my (more-or-less) permanent collection of higher-grade sentimental favorites (all raw): Adams Batmans and Detectives; plenty of BA DCs with Adams covers (Action, Superman, World's Finest, etc.); Wrightson Swamp Things; and a few other higher-grade BA DC odds and ends. There will also be at least one SA key, and a few SA & BA Marvels as well.

I'm going to be selling off my entire comic collection, ranging from silver age to modern age books, nothing spectacular, nothing over $100. The majority of the books full in the couple of dollars range.

Amazing Spider-man - silver, bronze, copper, modern, g to nm, silver low grade(some cgc)

Marvel, various titles

DC vertigo, Preacher, Sandman(early issues), Swamp Thing(Moore), Hellblazer(early and fabry cover issues), Helix titles, most vf to nm

Various other titles.

Over a thousand books, most priced in the one to five dollar range.

It's not an FDQ, I just think the world is ending December 21st and I've started stocking up on dried foods and sling shots. As the 21st of December approaches, I'll be systematically lowering the prices to guarantee sale, but if books still don't sell for cents on the dollar, I'll use them for kindling.

Thanks and see you soon. Please be on the lookout for my "rolling calamity" sales thread.

Burnie

P.S. - I'll only sell to US citizens, so I'll need to see a long form birth certificate or US passport before I sell to you. I'll only ship in the lower contaminated 48, active military get 10 percent off.

Having just watched the comic supply pressing video, I'm more confident then ever that I can make good use of the heat transfer press that I have in my basement to improve the physical condition of my comics thus improving the grade and value.

And with the impending cliffpocalypse just upon us, I don't see a better time to sell my books. Besides, I've decided to build a safe room in my basement.

But at the current moment, I've am taking all the books listed above off the selling block and only those not mentioned will be up for sale.

Thanks

Burnie

P.S. Be on the lookout for my "cliffpocalypse" sales thread coming to a forum near you. Please assume that I'll press all the books, whether they need to be pressed or not. And yes, also assume that I'll try my darn hardest to press the ones in the slabs too. I don't how, but, I'm a resourceful son of a gun, I'll figure it out.

I'm still selling my SA books (slowly, very slowly;) starting tonight around 9pm EST, I'll start my latest thread with Actions #284 and up, all the books are raw, none have been pressed. So if you want to go borrow Burnie's press, now is your chance:) !

I was hoping to have everything wrapped before I start my next sale thread. I will be starting up again most likely in the mixed section as I found a few BA and SA books I missed in my last thread. This time around I will be trying to focus on CA to Modern.

Hoping this is the last thread I need to have for a while.

I'm going to have a Fantastic Four LOT Auction tonight probably posted during the football game.

Mostly Bronze age, with some Silver and Some modern.

It will be in the GA/SA/BA sales section.

It will be all RAW, I think. Grades are pretty mixed, no repeats. But a great starter set for someone looking to dig into some great FF stories.

Thanks.

Stop on by.

Will be listing a complete run of ASM #471-600...some doubles, some varitants...all in NM shape. All bagged and boarded. Selling as a run.

Also nice run of Ultimate Spider-man, Vampirella, Superman/Batman, Fables #1, Witchblade, Fathom & more.

Will be posted in the modern section. Thanks.

Hey guys!

I have had lots of people PMing me about when I am going to start my Holiday sales thread. I have been late getting started for a number of reasons, but I am going to have a holiday sales thread again this year.

I have been buying, and buying, and buying this year, and have lots of unprocessed inventory and you guys are going to get 1st shot at all of it.

The books are from primarily 4 "collections".

1. The "FOOLKILLER" COLLECTION - As some of you know, Brian set up at Baltimore Comic Con this year. He had lots of great stuff, and lots of deals. On Saturday night, we made a deal for everything that he had left at the show, and I purchased about 13 boxes of books from him. Everything from Golden Age, to Silver Age, to Bronze Age, to Moderns. There are lots of super-nice books from this collection and LOTS of great deals.

2. The "NIGHTOWL" COLLECTION - This is an original owner collection which was originally collected by a late night radio host from the Chicago area, and consists primarily of high grade Marvels from the 1960s and 1970s. I have several hundred books from this collection.

3. The "OLD TIMER" COLLECTION - This collection was assembled by an old time collector/flea market dealer. This guy should have been on the show "Hoarders". The collection consists of lots of Golden Age, lots of Silver and Bronze in varying grades, and also some original art. I am still in the process of purchasing this collection.

4. And finally, the last is a collection of books which I have accumulated through the year, which is basically books which I have purchased and did not have time to process between conventions. This stuff can really build up, and will consist primarily of Silver/Bronze/Copper and a few Moderns. Alot of the stuff I was planning on subbing to CGC, but as slow as they are, I think I will just sell the books raw on here.

I will also be pulling some books from my A inventory to sell here, including Amazing Spider-man #1, X-Men #1, and some stuff like that. There will be lots of Bronze Age keys in various grades as well. And finally, I am currently in the process of going through my convention inventory, and pulling books which I have in duplication. Those books will be offered here as well.

I am anticipating listing probably a couple of thousand books at least, and the boards will get first shot at all of them. I am really looking to move alot of this stuff and there will be some really nice books at really nice prices.

Listings will begin on Sunday night December 16th, after the Walking Dead (and as soon as I get my kids to bed).

Later I will be having a sale in the GA/SA/BA

mostly low grade silver TEC

1 high grade Submarine Attack

a few HOS

a few bronze DD

a few Tarzan

:news:

I may try and launch a thread tonight starting around 6 central. There will be a whole range of stuff including Dells, D.C., Marvel, Charlton's, Secret Origins #1, , etc. The usual stuff.

Edited by DR.X

Hey guys!

I have had lots of people PMing me about when I am going to start my Holiday sales thread. I have been late getting started for a number of reasons, but I am going to have a holiday sales thread again this year.

I have been buying, and buying, and buying this year, and have lots of unprocessed inventory and you guys are going to get 1st shot at all of it.

1. The "FOOLKILLER" COLLECTION - As some of you know, Brian set up at Baltimore Comic Con this year. He had lots of great stuff, and lots of deals. On Saturday night, we made a deal for everything that he had left at the show, and I purchased about 13 boxes of books from him. Everything from Golden Age, to Silver Age, to Bronze Age, to Moderns. There are lots of super-nice books from this collection and LOTS of great deals.

2. The "NIGHT OWL" COLLECTION - This is an original owner collection which was originally collected by a late night radio host from the Chicago area, and consists primarily of high grade Marvels from the 1960s and 1970s. I have several hundred books from this collection.

3. The "OLD TIMER" COLLECTION - This collection was assembled by an old time collector/flea market dealer. This guy should have been on the show "Hoarders". The collection consists of lots of Golden Age, lots of Silver and Bronze in varying grades, and also some original art. I am still in the process of purchasing this collection.

4. And finally, the last is a collection of books which I have accumulated through the year, which is basically books which I have purchased and did not have time to process between conventions. This stuff can really build up, and will consist primarily of Silver/Bronze/Copper and a few Moderns. Alot of the stuff I was planning on subbing to CGC, but as slow as they are, I think I will just sell the books raw on here.

I will also be pulling some books from my A inventory to sell here, including Amazing Spider-man #1, X-Men #1, and some stuff like that. There will be lots of Bronze Age keys in various grades as well. And finally, I am currently in the process of going through my convention inventory, and pulling books which I have in duplication. Those books will be offered here as well.

I am anticipating listing probably a couple of thousand books at least, and the boards will get first shot at all of them. I am really looking to move alot of this stuff and there will be some really nice books at really nice prices.

Listings will begin on Sunday night December 16th,(hopefully around 9:30 CST or as soon as I get my kids to bed).

:bump: Edited by Dale Roberts

Hey guys!

2. The "NIGHT OWL" COLLECTION - This is an original owner collection which was originally collected by a late night radio host from the Chicago area, and consists primarily of high grade Marvels from the 1960s and 1970s. I have several hundred books from this collection.

Listings will begin on Sunday night December 16th, after the Walking Dead (and as soon as I get my kids to bed).

:bump:

Gonna be a long wait if you are waiting to list after another Walking Dead episode for this month. Not back on TV until February Dale. :)

Hey guys!

Gonna be a long wait if you are waiting to list after another Walking Dead episode for this month. Not back on TV until February Dale. :)

Yeah, wasn't aware of that until someone pointed it out. Figure about 9:30 CST.

I'm going to be selling off my entire comic collection, ranging from silver age to modern age books, nothing spectacular, nothing over $100. The majority of the books full in the couple of dollars range.

Amazing Spider-man - silver, bronze, copper, modern, g to nm, silver low grade(some cgc)

Marvel, various titles

DC vertigo, Preacher, Sandman(early issues), Swamp Thing(Moore), Hellblazer(early and fabry cover issues), Helix titles, most vf to nm

Various other titles.

Over a thousand books, most priced in the one to five dollar range.

It's not an FDQ, I just think the world is ending December 21st and I've started stocking up on dried foods and sling shots. As the 21st of December approaches, I'll be systematically lowering the prices to guarantee sale, but if books still don't sell for cents on the dollar, I'll use them for kindling.

Thanks and see you soon. Please be on the lookout for my "rolling calamity" sales thread.

Burnie

P.S. - I'll only sell to US citizens, so I'll need to see a long form birth certificate or US passport before I sell to you. I'll only ship in the lower contaminated 48, active military get 10 percent off.

Having just watched the comic supply pressing video, I'm more confident then ever that I can make good use of the heat transfer press that I have in my basement to improve the physical condition of my comics thus improving the grade and value.

And with the impending cliffpocalypse just upon us, I don't see a better time to sell my books. Besides, I've decided to build a safe room in my basement.

But at the current moment, I've am taking all the books listed above off the selling block and only those not mentioned will be up for sale.

Thanks

Burnie

P.S. Be on the lookout for my "cliffpocalypse" sales thread coming to a forum near you. Please assume that I'll press all the books, whether they need to be pressed or not. And yes, also assume that I'll try my darn hardest to press the ones in the slabs too. I don't how, but, I'm a resourceful son of a gun, I'll figure it out.

Well, it looks like I'm not the only one with the idea that the world is coming to and end, looks like everyone and their mother is putting up a great sales thread to get rid of their books before the end of the world. As a result, I've decided to postpone my sales thread 'til after the apocalypse, look for my post-apocalypse sales thread sometime after January.

Stay safe and for god sake stock up on sling-shots and pebbles.

Burnie

Hey guys!

Listings will begin on Sunday night December 16th,(hopefully around 9:30 CST or as soon as I get my kids to bed).