• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,928 posts in this topic

I think I'm going to be selling some

Upper Deck VS Holofoil Exclusives. I've got two "Thing Cards" signed by Michael Chiklis (who played the Thing in the movies).

Not sure if people read the announcement thread, but I'll let everyone know that approximately 8PM MST tonight, I'll be listing some high grade Bronze books (VF+/NM) of Ms. Marvel, Nova, Strange Tales, Ant Man and some other cosmic goodies and stuff.

Hey everyone,

Earlier this year we acquired a 1,700 piece original owner first issue comic books, pulps and magazines published from the 1930's to the early 1960's. Most of the items were original news stand purchases. The comic portion of the collection is heavy on esoteric and hard to find comics, lots of crime, romance, teen, western, horror and war. Several comics undocumented in guide (for more on these see our market report in Overstreet), rare annuals, Bill Ward covers, L.B. Cole covers, Matt Baker art, pre-code horror and crime, Atlas, Timley, Avon, St. John, Fox, etc. The original owner had lived all over the south from Texas to Florida. Although the books had been moved periodically they stayed in generally nice condition (books have been averaging about 7.0/7.5 with many 8.5 and up).

We recently got a large portion of the comics back from CGC and several of the comics are the highest graded or only copy on the CGC census.

We are going to begin offering these on the evening Sunday August 4th, many through our website but I will also create a thread for exclusive CGC board sales.

Pictures of the collection here (when hostgator is cooperative)

Edited by TopNotch

Hi everyone,

I have a few books coming back from CGC this week for sale:

ASM 23 CGC 9.0 White Pages

Batman 169 CGC 7.5 Whte Pages

Batman 235 CGC 9.2 OW/W

Batman 242 CGC 9.4 White Pages

Batman 245 CGC 9.4 White Pages

G.I. Combat 68 CGC 4.0 OW

I will put up scans and pricing as soon as I can but please feel free to contact me in advance if you're searching for these books.

Regards.

Another BIG sales thread starting TONIGHT (Friday) at 7PM MST - around 40+ raw books and two slabs, all hot key issues that everyone is looking for - and they will all be posted at one time. Books like: Strange Tales 126, 180 and 181, Hulk 271, Amazing Spider-Man 194, Marvel Premiere 47, Ms. Marvel 1, Fantastic Four 48, Avengers 125, King Size Hulk #5, the list goes on and on and on. Free shipping on $50 or more.

pizapcom108049031603150071376753376004_zpsb93a0260.jpg

- A little Groot

- A grunt of Mad God

- A sprinkle of speculation

- A 12 incher or two

- A overabundance of unders

- A under amount of overs

- A trickle down the leg of esoteric

- A present for LIz

- A slap across the face of boiled slabbage

- A lot of kittens in compromising positions

- A 80's rock out with Roy's glock out

- A time to dance if you want to, and leave your friends behind

- Coffee and teardrop tea by request

In reality, early Thanos appearances, Where Monsters Dwell #6, Hulk Annual #5, Captain Marvel # 33, Batman # 232, early non print run Valiant, 1972 Ant-man, Scott Lang Ant-man, Large Size Star Wars figures... and the kitten sink ;)

a trip to the storage facility convinced me i've got way too much spoon to wait until the next VCC, so Paperheart's one booth VCC coming to the mixed forum tomorrow morning. 100 raw books: silver, bronze, copper, modern. high grade, low grade.

does anyone read these announcements?

it's tomorrow morning somewhere.

Edited by paperheart

a trip to the storage facility convinced me i've got way too much spoon to wait until the next VCC, so Paperheart's one booth VCC coming to the mixed forum tomorrow morning. 100 raw books: silver, bronze, copper, modern. high grade, low grade.

Yes

Yes

+1

I'll be revitalizing my August selling thread (in the SA BA forum) this evening by updating what's left with lower prices (for the raws anyways) and adding more early ASMs.

:sumo:

I picked up a nice small collection out of Oregon (about 650 books). Many of the books are really glossy and nice colors. Will be listing the books I don't think will make the grade for me to send into CGC...but there are quite a few in the vf/nm or nm- range. Even the lower graded books are glossy.

Hoping to put them up (at least titles,issues,grades) starting tonight. Might scan some per request.

Mostly all in the silver age.

Thanks,

Steve

Just got some grades back on books submitted from that collection I mentioned..these should be here tomorrow and up for sale shortly afterwards.This group was only Avengers...

More books at CGC being graded soon...

59 - 9.6 ow/w

62 - 9.4 ow/w

63 - 9.6 white

64 - 9.4 ow/w

65 - 9.6 white

68 - 9.6 white

69 - 9.8 white (highest graded 1 of 5)

70 - 9.4 ow/w

71 - 9.6 white

72 - 9.6 white

73 - 9.6 white

74 - 8.5 ow/w (don't know what the hell I missed here)

75 - 9.8 white (highest graded 1 of 7)

77 - 9.6 ow/w

78 - 9.4 ow/w

79 - 9.4 ow/w

pizapcom10226563898846507071378595016686_zpsca7ccf66.jpg

The Grunt Bakery is back open for business as we speak over in Mixed ;)

pizapcom1078288020053878431378596302996_zps224c9291.jpg

Including...

- LOTS OF GOLDEN AGE READER AT $3 EACH

- 5 OR SO GENTLE GIANT LARGE SIZE STAR WARS FIGURES AT COST

- GROOT

- SLABS

- PICTURES OF MY NAKED DOG

I'm ramping up for a Bronze age Amazing Spider-Man sales thread. I've had many of these books for over 30 years - sorry to see them go, but Bronze is falling further and further outside my current collecting focus, so it needs to be done. All books are raw - I'll list issues ranging from 102 to 246, with some gaps (I have about 90 books to list within that range). Most of the books are solid mid to upper-mid grade copies, although there are a few low grade/readers in the mix. I'll try to start listing books tonight, then I'll chip away at it until I have them all out on the table.

NOTE: I will not be listing 121, 122, 129, or 194. :sorry:

As soon as CLOONEYTHON wraps up, I'll be opening up another cosmic goodness thread later this week with 1st appearances of Gamora, Nova, Ms. Marvel, Rocket Raccoon (in comics) 2nd Groot and whatever else I can muster up.

Hey Everyone,

I've been watching a lot of Doomsday Preppers and Doomsday Castle and I'm feeling particularly pessimistic about the economy despite the fact that my 401k is up 120% in the last 5 years since that odd fellow took the oval office and despite the fact that my parents house is up more than 20% since.

I continue to shore up the basement as my Doomsday Bunker, as I do not have a fall back location to bug out to.

Please be on the lookout for my sales thread in the next few months, everything must go, rock bottom prices, 70 to 80% off of guide.