• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,919 posts in this topic

I just picked up an Original Owner collection from a man in Roenoke Virginia. :banana:

Books were purchased by him in the late 50's to the mid 60's. Almost every Marvel Super Hero title. Also some pre-hero books, and a handful of DC.

He even included a letter to me describing how he used to take the bus to Peter's News Stand on Main Street in Lynchburg, to buy these comics off the rack

petersnews

There is a lot of real nice shape books, but also a lot that have been well read. Im planning on taking my time selling them, but will be offering most of them here to fellow Boardies first.

Im going to start by putting some low grade lots together, and auctioning them here, and Donating the profits to Stand UP 2 Cancer!! I did a raffle last year along with selling a few books, and was able to make a hefty Donation :applause:

Keep an eye out, I should have a few lots up by tonight (1-28)

**Please refrain from emailing and asking if I have certain books. Im sorry, I dont have everything sorted out yet :foryou:

Over the next few days I'll have some comics based on video games and the games and guides as well in the mixed age thread.

PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox and Xbox360.

Games: Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Call Of Duty (incl Mw3), Dead Island, The Punisher, Gears Of War, Dead Space, Halo and others. Besides full games, I also have some rare demo and beta discs as well.

Comics: Dead Space, Killer 7 and Metal Gear Solid amoung others.

Maybe some blu rays too...

Thinking of ripping off Venom when he is done and doing some mystery boxes to include some slabs, saga 1-3, death of the family, fatale 1-4 etc...if everyone is not mystery boxed out...

Probably post tonight around 9 central after I dig out everything and get pictures. Probably do around 10-20 boxes depending on how much good stuff I have.

Edited by Shaven Kev

I miscalculated my witholdings last year and it looks like Im going to owe several thousand dollars in taxes.

I will be listing a nice run of Brave and the Bold to help offset my debt.

#35 thru 200 and just about complete from 50 on

I will start in a few days after scanning is complete.

i'm fittin to have a modern sale, all the usual suspects like saga, tot, nowhere men, but also a lot of other good stuff and semi keys from modern copper.

and freebies.

I'm am hoping to have a sales thread starting Wednesday, around 5 - 6 Central Time. I picked up a nice group of really cool Horror Magazines.

Titles include TALES OF TERROR, WEIRD, TALES OF VOODOO, WITCHES TALES, WEIRD VAMPIRE TALES, and lots more.

Some really cool looking stuff here. Here's a sample of what's going to be available.

WITCHESTALESVol2No1F001.jpg

WITCHESTALESVol3No5FC001.jpg

HORRORTALESVol4No3FC001.jpg

TALESFROMTHETOMBVol2No3FC002.jpg

I've got 8 Nowhere Men #2 first print

and 3 Harbinger #7 variant

coming up for sale later today.

Feel free to pm me with 'questions'

Hastings Variants dropping Wednesday. PM if you want to reserve copies. Should be $10 each depending on how they reprice them and include Walking Dead, Secret Avengers and Uncanny Xmen. I also have a few MLP 3 left from last week.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/09/hastings-variant-covers-for-walking-dead-governor-uncanny-x-men-1-and-secret-avengers-1/

UPDATE: No thread due to low quality of Uncanny and Governor did not show up in this shipment. Usually they will get them a couple of days late for some reason. PM your wants, thanks

Edited by Shaven Kev

I will be posting the following 40 slabs for sale today about 3PM PST. Feel free to PM with questions or to see scans beforehand.

Barbie and Ken 1 9.0 CR-OW

Buffalo Bill Picture Stories 1 8.5 OW-W

Captain Atom 3 9.2 OW-W (Nationwide) (I have a raw Captain Atom 1,2,4,5 in nice grade to go with this if wanted)

Captain Marvel & the Lieutenants of Safety 1 8.0 CR-OW Crowley (promo)

Captain Marvel & the Lieutenants of Safety 2 9.2 OW-W (promo)

D*ck Cole 3 9.2 CR-OW (highest graded)

Eddie Stanky Baseball Hero 8.0 OW Napa Valley

First Christmas nn 8.0 CR-OW

How It Began (Single Series 15) nn 8.0 OW

I Am The Guard nn 9.4 W (promo)

Ideal Comics 1 7.0 OW-W Crippen (Antony & Cleopatra)

Jim Ray's Aviation Sketchbook 1 9.2 OW (highest graded)

Larry Doby, Baseball Hero nn 5.0 OW

Marvels of Science 4 7.5 CR-OW (highest graded) (I have a raw Marvels of Science 1-3 in high grade to go with this if wanted)

Negro Heroes 1 7.0 OW

Picture Stories from American History 1 8.0 CR-OW Gaines

Picture Stories from American History 2 9.4 OW-W Gaines

Picture Stories from American History 2 9.0 CR-OW Twilight

Picture Stories from American History 3 9.2 OW-W Gaines

Picture Stories from Science 2 9.0 OW-W Gaines

Picture Stories from World History 1 8.0 OW-W Gaines

Picture Stories from World History 2 8.5 W Gaines

Real Fact Comics 7 8.5 OW-W

Real Heroes 1 9.0 OW-W

Richie Rich 6 9.0 OW-W

Richie Rich 19 7.5 OW-W

Richie Rich 23 9.2 OW

Spectacular Feature Magazine 11 8.0 W (highest graded)

Stamp Comics 1 6.0 CR

Strange As It Seems 2 4.5 CR-OW

Strange World Of Your Dreams 1 7.5 OW-W

Strange World Of Your Dreams 3 6.0 CR-OW

Adventures of Superman nn 9.0 CR-OW (py-co-pay promo)

(With) Superman At The Gilbert Hall of Science 9.2 W (promo)

Thrilling Adv in Stamps 8 5.5 OW

Tom Mix Comics 9 4.5 CR-OW (promo)

Tom Mix Comics 11 5.0 CR-OW (promo)

World's Finest 152 9.2 CR-OW

World's Greatest Songs 1 7.5 OW-W (highest graded - needs reholder)

Your United States nn 8.0 OW-W Crippen SOTI

Edited by Dr. Love

Had to cancel my sales thread last night. My wife had extra work brought home from her job so that comes first.

Looks good for tonight though. :acclaim: Between 5 - 6 Central Time. I've picked up a nice group of really cool Horror Magazines. These mags have some great reading in them.

Titles include TALES OF TERROR, WEIRD, TALES OF VOODOO, WITCHES TALES, WEIRD VAMPIRE TALES, CASTLE OF FRANKENSTEIN, and lots more.

Some really cool looking stuff here. Here's a sample of what's going to be available.

WITCHESTALESVol2No1F001.jpg

WITCHESTALESVol3No5FC001.jpg

HORRORTALESVol4No3FC001.jpg

TALESFROMTHETOMBVol2No3FC002.jpg

Tomorrow morning (around 10AM EST), I'll be posting a sales thread in the Copper/Modern featuring:

Peter Panzerfaust 1-9 in NM all first prints with an extra #8

Morning Glories #1 in NM

Wolverine Limited Series #1 and #4 in CGC 9.8

Amazing Spider-man #194 in CGC 9.4

and a wicked-cool complete set of CGC Stephen Platt Moon Knights (#56-60 in Universal 9.8 and #55 in Signature Series 8.5 signed by Platt)

Later this week, I will also be posting in the GA/SA/BA section an run of #1-33 Werewolf By Night in (mostly) VF/NM, a Tomb of Dracula lot (including #1 and #2), low-grade Silver Surfer #4, some individual Bryne X-Men books and possibly a partial run of Nick Fury/Dr. Strange Strange Tales in FN/VF.

And, since these books are from my personal stash, they all carry the:

DRBALLSSTAMP.jpg

Tomorrow will be starting a Spring Break Sale and will end 3/23! Mixture of Slabs, raws, and a couple lots from all ages!

Here is what's going up for sale! I might add a few more items through out the sale.

If you have questions PM me!

Thief of Thieves #2 CGC 9.8

Daredevil #111 CGC 8.0

Incredible Hulk #271 CGC 9.2 **WAITING FOR SLAB TO COME IN**

Amazing Spiderman #700 50th Ann. Variant CGC 9.8 **WAITING FOR SLAB TO COME IN**

Thanos Quest #1 and #2 CGC 9.8

Captain America #104 CGC 5.5

Iron Man #97 CGC 9.4

Lots/Raw:

Skottie Young baby variants #1’s all NM (2 sets)

Captain America

Thor: God of Thunder

FF

Fantastic Four

Iron Man

X-Men

Superior Spiderman

Avengers

Indestructable Hulk

Deadpool

Blackest Night #0-8 NM

Death of the Family Lot NM-

Batman and Robin #15

Detective Comics #15

Nightwing #15

Red Hood and the Outlaws #15

Teen Titans #15

Suicide Squad #14

Suicide Squad #15

Ms Marvel Lot

Box o’ reprints

Incredible Hulk #6 G

I'm going to have a sale this morning, of Giant type books,about 100 Comics. All DC, all inexpensive, some are low grade, some are higher, they are all raw.

Superman Family (the end of the Jimmy Olson series, 80 page Giants, DC Specials and some other stuff.

Shipping will be cheap and these are great for readers, or for kids, too.

Sale starts in about 1 hour.