• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,929 posts in this topic

Prepping for a raw Avengers thread...it'll consist of all remaining Avengers books in my collection (35-40 Silver/Bronze issues)...I don't have any of the super-hot books, but there are a few warm ones ;) . Most of these books are mid-grade...really good for filling holes in your run

I'll try to make it happen this weekend...might even be able to get a few listed tonight hm

i have not had a sale on here in some time. life gets in the way. So, I will try and get sale going tonight for the Memorial Day Weekend.

I'll try and start around 8 Central. Up for sale will be about twenty of my Fantastic Four undercopies, a nice group of Avengers with a #2 and a #57. I may also throw in some lots of F.F.'s and Daredevils, and maybe start in on some Dells. Maybe.

This is tentative but I hope I can get this going.

I picked up about 1000 silver age DC's mostly superman type titles (Supes,LL, JO,Action, etc.) mostly in the mid grade range and will start processing and grading them in the next few days. I will offer these first on the boards.

Steve

have about 40-50 slabs arriving from CGC, will be listing the first batch tonight

about 15+ Silver/Bronze, the rest are Modern/Copper

some highlights include

star wars 1 9.8 and 9.6

flash 139 6.0

bats 232 7.0

bats 251 9.4

thor 165 7.5

asm20 7.5

shazam 9.4

strange tales 111 7.5

tos40 4.0

hulk 134, 171, 172 all 9.6

xmen 59 9.4

IF14 9.6

I will try these here first Shipped today from CGC so give it a week.

Hulk 181 3.0 oww

Hulk 182 8.5 white

Hulk 271 9.6 white

Rifleman 10 7.5 oww

I for 7 more should know sometime today

$3 Tour coming Tues. 125 books formerly known as $5 Table books and 175 new books: AH WW covers, Preacher, Batman Beyond, Batman Gotham Adventures, Deadpool (Way) and pounds more.

up and running. the new photobucket really speeds things along

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8645020#Post8645020

Expecting a small CGC shipment today. Will offer up the books when they arrive but here's a sneak peak:

ASMA 1 CGC 7.0 OW

AV 57 CGC 8.0 C

BM 227 CGC 7.5 OW

DS 169 CGC 8.5 OW/W

FF 12 CGC 4.5 OW/W

FF 27 CGC 7.0 C/OW

MS 5 CGC 8.5 OW/W

SC 55 CGC 8.5 C/OW

SS 4 CGC 9.0 OW

JO 134 CGC 8.0 OW/W

TOS 49 CGC 7.0 OW

TOS 50 CGC 8.0 OW/W

TOS 57 CGC 7.0 OW/W

Down but not out.

The original Dr Chaos Modern Sales thread was deleted by mods but will be back within the next few days bigger and better than ever.

One slab has been removed for quality control reasons and five other slabs sold leaving 1,345 modern slabs (I think about a dozen could be considered copper age).

A note to the admins and mods, if there is anything you do not like about my thread, please PM me to let me know and I will fix it. No need to delete things willy nilly.

Down but not out.

The original Dr Chaos Modern Sales thread was deleted by mods but will be back within the next few days bigger and better than ever.

One slab has been removed for quality control reasons and five other slabs sold leaving 1,345 modern slabs (I think about a dozen could be considered copper age).

A note to the admins and mods, if there is anything you do not like about my thread, please PM me to let me know and I will fix it. No need to delete things willy nilly.

:o

Down but not out.

+1

1,350 slabs! :ohnoez:

Down but not out.

+1

1,350 slabs! :ohnoez:

That little guy in your post was me pricing the books and getting everything ready to launch the thread. :ohnoez:

The same little guy was me again when the mods killed the initial thread. :preach::rulez::sorry::ohnoez:

This time I will be prepared and with any luck the thread will be epic. :banana:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8651490&Main=380512#Post8651490

got a small modern sale here. some multiples of hot/rare comics. thanks for checking it out.

Some misc late Bronze/Copper slabs just in scanning now and will post later

DC Comics Presents 26 9.8

John Carter, Warlord of Mars 1 9.8

John Carter, Warlord of Mars 1 9.6

Masters of the Universe (1982 DC) 1 9.8

Masters of the Universe (1982 DC) 1 9.6

John Carter, Warlord of Mars 1 9.6

Micronauts 1 9.8

Savage She-Hulk 1 9.6

Savage She-Hulk 1 9.8

New Teen Titans 1 9.8

New Teen Titans 1 9.6

Smurfs 1 9.8

Spectacular Spider-Man 1 9.6

Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends 1 9.6

Spider-Woman 1 9.8

Spider-Woman 1 9.6

Thing 1 9.8

Thing 1 9.6

X-Factor 19 9.6

X-Factor 19 9.6

Selling (almost) all of my collection thread coming. Title pretty much covers it, I’ve accumulated an obscene amount of stuff and will hold onto a few small sets and lower grade dupes of some keys, but the rest is going to be up for grabs. This will be a great way to:

• Start a collection

• Fill holes in an existing collection

• Grab quality wall books as well as back-stock for shop-owner and dealers

I may run a separate grab bag style thread depending on how many duplicates of keys I have, but I will begin with runs that will include every book of that particular title I own. Most all the keys will be there from the Copper Age and up.

These will not be cherry-picked runs, nor will they be ‘keys only’ (nor will I allow any cherry-picking from any listed sets). It will quite literally be, “Here is every issue of (FANTASTIC FOUR) I own for ($XX).” A group may contain a high dollar variant/key as well as some drek/dollar (50 cent) bin fodder. Prices will be group/bulk rate depending on the size and include all shipping. Larger runs will be broken up into more manageable sets; hypothetical example:

ASM # up to 99: 16 total books (issue #’s listed)

ASM # 100 – 199: 45 total books (issue #’s listed)

etc.

An example of a smaller group would be all my Iron Man issues: only 12 total books, they will include issues 118, 128, 150, 169, 170, 281, 281 reprint (with the cover from 282), 282 and a few others.

I will get it started tonight with at least a general outline of the titles and groups I hope to post and continue throughout the week.

Down but not out.

damn brother I hate to hear that...

but we are just visitors in their world (the Mods), they shape these threads as they see fit.

we just hum our silly tunes and play along with it.

;)

I'll be starting an old school type sales thread in 40 minutes or so. Some slabs, some raw.

I will be taking a break before the VCC kicks off to let ya'll do that for a bit and, if I haven't passed out, I'll come back and finish it off when all your money is gone.

Ok? Ok.