• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,915 posts in this topic

High Grade Bronze Romance. I figured before I got these slabbed and of course the price goes up I'd offer a package deal on the boards for 23 high grade bronze romance comics...including 52 pagers...stay tuned.

Please keep combing the sales threads looking for...........

Andy's ULTIMATE DC WAR Sale!

I'll have over 200 books listed. Hope to get these up on either Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.

Most of the preparation has already been done, so there'll be no waiting for me to scan and such. Just a massive selection of the good stuff! (thumbs u

Thanks all!

Andy

:news: This just in.....my sale will be on Thursday around 7:00 PM EST.

See ya there!

Andy

:hi: Gonna sell some cheap bronze marvels tonight. So far ive uploaded 3 slabs and about a dozen raw books. I can scan many many more if there is any interest :)

:hi: Gonna sell some cheap bronze marvels tonight. So far ive uploaded 3 slabs and about a dozen raw books. I can scan many many more if there is any interest :)
More cheap bronze...got 4 slabs picked and another dozen raw books gettin krunked up around 9 pm est :sumo:

So today, FT was informed that come the end of the month, he would be joining the ranks of the enforced unemployed. Mrs FT was placed on a similar 'career path' back in December. Given that there is little chance of either of us securing alternate employment until economic conditions make a shift for the better, things are fairly dire around here right now. :cry:

However, thank god for comic collections! In the short term, liquidising what I have will keep bread on the table and gas in the car, so that's what I'll be having to do. (thumbs u

Here's some stuff you'll be needing to know...

(1) The collection comprises around 800 books, all Marvel, all Silver/early Bronze, half slabbed and half raw, and not a book below 9.0.

(2) The slabs will be going first, the raw second, the Avengers run last of all (in the hope that something changes/materialises before that has to be moved :wishluck: ).

(3) My new scanner is utter, utter sh!te with slabs...I'm talking real bad...and providing them will be less than pointless. I do have a number of the slabbed books previously scanned, and will provide them when I can. Other than that, I'll divulge pertinent information (date stamps, crack in the case, off-cut) and when asked, I'll tell you what else I can. All of the raw stuff will have scans.

(4) The first $9,000 or so that's raised needs to remain in the US, so rather than lose both ways on the exchange rate, a long-standing boarder with a untouchable rep will initially be taking Paypal payments on my behalf.

(5) Besides having to work through to the end of the month in a no-hope environment, I will obviously also be focusing on securing other openings/opportunities. This will mean that shipping of items will not always be immediate. Will I be hanging on for a month before shipping? Of course not. But neither can I guarantee that you books will be on their way within 48 hours.

(6) Prices asked will be in line with GPA averages. Anything priced above this will be for a good reason. Oh, and prices will have to be pretty firm...sorry, folks. :(

(7) Payments will have to be fairly prompt. I'll have no problem running tabs for shipping purposes, but payments as we go along will be appreciated.

(8) Thread should kick off within the next 24 hours with a whole slew of slabbed Spideys, starting at #24 and including copies of #40, #101, #121, #122 & #129...and all of those in 9.2. :banana:

And that's that. Anyone with any comments/questions, can do so here before I get the ball rolling.

Thanks for your time. :foryou:

So today, FT was informed that come the end of the month, he would be joining the ranks of the enforced unemployed. Mrs FT was placed on a similar 'career path' back in December. Given that there is little chance of either of us securing alternate employment until economic conditions make a shift for the better, things are fairly dire around here right now. :cry:

However, thank god for comic collections! In the short term, liquidising what I have will keep bread on the table and gas in the car, so that's what I'll be having to do. (thumbs u

Here's some stuff you'll be needing to know...

(1) The collection comprises around 800 books, all Marvel, all Silver/early Bronze, half slabbed and half raw, and not a book below 9.0.

(2) The slabs will be going first, the raw second, the Avengers run last of all (in the hope that something changes/materialises before that has to be moved :wishluck: ).

(3) My new scanner is utter, utter sh!te with slabs...I'm talking real bad...and providing them will be less than pointless. I do have a number of the slabbed books previously scanned, and will provide them when I can. Other than that, I'll divulge pertinent information (date stamps, crack in the case, off-cut) and when asked, I'll tell you what else I can. All of the raw stuff will have scans.

(4) The first $9,000 or so that's raised needs to remain in the US, so rather than lose both ways on the exchange rate, a long-standing boarder with a untouchable rep will initially be taking Paypal payments on my behalf.

(5) Besides having to work through to the end of the month in a no-hope environment, I will obviously also be focusing on securing other openings/opportunities. This will mean that shipping of items will not always be immediate. Will I be hanging on for a month before shipping? Of course not. But neither can I guarantee that you books will be on their way within 48 hours.

(6) Prices asked will be in line with GPA averages. Anything priced above this will be for a good reason. Oh, and prices will have to be pretty firm...sorry, folks. :(

(7) Payments will have to be fairly prompt. I'll have no problem running tabs for shipping purposes, but payments as we go along will be appreciated.

(8) Thread should kick off within the next 24 hours with a whole slew of slabbed Spideys, starting at #24 and including copies of #40, #101, #121, #122 & #129...and all of those in 9.2. :banana:

And that's that. Anyone with any comments/questions, can do so here before I get the ball rolling.

Thanks for your time. :foryou:

Hope you got a nice severance package... :wishluck:

Sorry to hear a story like this. I hope things get better for you, really. I think your an asset to these boards, and I hope you stick around regardless. Situations can change on a dime, so keep up the faith. The best of luck to you. (thumbs u

DRX