• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,915 posts in this topic

Thanks to everybody for the kind words, both here and in PMs. :foryou:

Yeah, it's going to be a tough year, but I'm sure it'll pass. It just looks pretty :censored: when you're in the middle of it. lol

:wishluck:

Yeah, it's going to be a tough year, but I'm sure it'll pass. It just looks pretty :censored: when you're in the middle of it. lol

Nick...yer the backbone o' these boards mate! I'm wishin' you the best in a very tough time. It's getting pretty grim here in the states...more and more friends and colleagues out on the streets lookin' for a job that ain't there...

Again, wishing you the best in the short term and I know things will turn in your favor! :wishluck:

Yeah, I am sorry as well and wish you nothing but good luck. Keep your head up. This really could end up being a great opportunity to do something you always wanted to do.

Should have new books back from CGC in the next day or so...I hope. These are going up for sale here first when I get them. Any interest let me know.

Adventure Comics 344 and 347 7.0's

Fantastic Four 3 2.0 (trimmed), 11 and 14 3.0, 15 4.5 (white pages), 16 4.0, 44 9.2

Tales of Suspense 76 9.0, 77 8.0, 81 8.5 and 86 8.5 (all of the TOS look nicer then the grades)

Thanks,

Steve

Well my basement flooded tonite. Pretty bad. Might have to list some books to pay for that if Insurance does not cover.

Boy did I need that now.

doh!

So today, FT was informed that come the end of the month, he would be joining the ranks of the enforced unemployed. Mrs FT was placed on a similar 'career path' back in December. Given that there is little chance of either of us securing alternate employment until economic conditions make a shift for the better, things are fairly dire around here right now. :cry:

However, thank god for comic collections! In the short term, liquidising what I have will keep bread on the table and gas in the car, so that's what I'll be having to do. (thumbs u

Here's some stuff you'll be needing to know...

(1) The collection comprises around 800 books, all Marvel, all Silver/early Bronze, half slabbed and half raw, and not a book below 9.0.

(2) The slabs will be going first, the raw second, the Avengers run last of all (in the hope that something changes/materialises before that has to be moved :wishluck: ).

(3) My new scanner is utter, utter sh!te with slabs...I'm talking real bad...and providing them will be less than pointless. I do have a number of the slabbed books previously scanned, and will provide them when I can. Other than that, I'll divulge pertinent information (date stamps, crack in the case, off-cut) and when asked, I'll tell you what else I can. All of the raw stuff will have scans.

(4) The first $9,000 or so that's raised needs to remain in the US, so rather than lose both ways on the exchange rate, a long-standing boarder with a untouchable rep will initially be taking Paypal payments on my behalf.

(5) Besides having to work through to the end of the month in a no-hope environment, I will obviously also be focusing on securing other openings/opportunities. This will mean that shipping of items will not always be immediate. Will I be hanging on for a month before shipping? Of course not. But neither can I guarantee that you books will be on their way within 48 hours.

(6) Prices asked will be in line with GPA averages. Anything priced above this will be for a good reason. Oh, and prices will have to be pretty firm...sorry, folks. :(

(7) Payments will have to be fairly prompt. I'll have no problem running tabs for shipping purposes, but payments as we go along will be appreciated.

(8) Thread should kick off within the next 24 hours with a whole slew of slabbed Spideys, starting at #24 and including copies of #40, #101, #121, #122 & #129...and all of those in 9.2. :banana:

And that's that. Anyone with any comments/questions, can do so here before I get the ball rolling.

Thanks for your time. :foryou:

Firstly, another huge thank you to everybody who has posted here and sent me PMs...the support has been overwhelming and the practical assistance from a few of you (you know who you are) has been utterly astonishing. :o:foryou:

One of you has worked with me on a rather large deal that has helped me unbelievably. I don't usually do this (and in fact have never done it before), but 31 of the Spidey slabs have gone in this deal. I hope that the rest of you understand...this wasn't an attempt to attract off-Marketplace interest...but one of you jumped in and put something on the table that, in my current circumstances, I simply could not turn down.

That being said, I still have 34 slabbed Spideys to shift and, if I can stay connected to the Boards for more than 10 minutes :frustrated: , I'll be throwing up the details later today. (thumbs u

So today, FT was informed that come the end of the month, he would be joining the ranks of the enforced unemployed. Mrs FT was placed on a similar 'career path' back in December. Given that there is little chance of either of us securing alternate employment until economic conditions make a shift for the better, things are fairly dire around here right now. :cry:

However, thank god for comic collections! In the short term, liquidising what I have will keep bread on the table and gas in the car, so that's what I'll be having to do. (thumbs u

Here's some stuff you'll be needing to know...

(1) The collection comprises around 800 books, all Marvel, all Silver/early Bronze, half slabbed and half raw, and not a book below 9.0.

(2) The slabs will be going first, the raw second, the Avengers run last of all (in the hope that something changes/materialises before that has to be moved :wishluck: ).

(3) My new scanner is utter, utter sh!te with slabs...I'm talking real bad...and providing them will be less than pointless. I do have a number of the slabbed books previously scanned, and will provide them when I can. Other than that, I'll divulge pertinent information (date stamps, crack in the case, off-cut) and when asked, I'll tell you what else I can. All of the raw stuff will have scans.

(4) The first $9,000 or so that's raised needs to remain in the US, so rather than lose both ways on the exchange rate, a long-standing boarder with a untouchable rep will initially be taking Paypal payments on my behalf.

(5) Besides having to work through to the end of the month in a no-hope environment, I will obviously also be focusing on securing other openings/opportunities. This will mean that shipping of items will not always be immediate. Will I be hanging on for a month before shipping? Of course not. But neither can I guarantee that you books will be on their way within 48 hours.

(6) Prices asked will be in line with GPA averages. Anything priced above this will be for a good reason. Oh, and prices will have to be pretty firm...sorry, folks. :(

(7) Payments will have to be fairly prompt. I'll have no problem running tabs for shipping purposes, but payments as we go along will be appreciated.

(8) Thread should kick off within the next 24 hours with a whole slew of slabbed Spideys, starting at #24 and including copies of #40, #101, #121, #122 & #129...and all of those in 9.2. :banana:

And that's that. Anyone with any comments/questions, can do so here before I get the ball rolling.

Thanks for your time. :foryou:

Firstly, another huge thank you to everybody who has posted here and sent me PMs...the support has been overwhelming and the practical assistance from a few of you (you know who you are) has been utterly astonishing. :o:foryou:

One of you has worked with me on a rather large deal that has helped me unbelievably. I don't usually do this (and in fact have never done it before), but 31 of the Spidey slabs have gone in this deal. I hope that the rest of you understand...this wasn't an attempt to attract off-Marketplace interest...but one of you jumped in and put something on the table that, in my current circumstances, I simply could not turn down.

That being said, I still have 34 slabbed Spideys to shift and, if I can stay connected to the Boards for more than 10 minutes :frustrated: , I'll be throwing up the details later today. (thumbs u

Congratulations, Nick! :thumbsup:

I'm sure your situation will turn around :wishluck:

Depressions/Recessions don't last forever,, and keep in mind though they may have taken a while to obtain and may sting a little to have to let go, they are after all just comics, and truly CAN be replaced. Trust me, because as you know, I just went through having to sell ALL my books last year, just started back up again in late October, and I feel my collection is already better than it was before.