• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT: Too much personal information
1 1

160 posts in this topic

what kind of work do you guys do that you would have to worry about something you might post on a comic book forum?

The blob is an Associate Professor at Clown College, MutantKeys dances for Chippendales and I believe esquirecomics works in a shipyard cleaning ashes.

I believe Ze-Man works as a bootblack, or was it a chimney sweep?

what kind of work do you guys do that you would have to worry about something you might post on a comic book forum?

The blob is an Associate Professor at Clown College, MutantKeys dances for Chippendales and I believe esquirecomics works in a shipyard cleaning ashes.

And my task master will seal me in a ship's hold with the rest of the bananas! :banana:

And the Watcher? In the Blue Area, never blinking. ;)

And the Watcher? In the Blue Area, never blinking. ;)

(thumbs u

I absolutely agree with Transplant...you need to be very careful. As one of the earlier posters on the Ebay Comic Chatboard, in the past, occassionally, I got some really wacky strange emails...probably because I was female, but maybe not totally...I could handle them...but I never posted my daughter's name, I just didn't want to take a chance...just too many odd people, including one who sent me a picture of my house, and told me he got the "advanced google search" so he could look closer, he was not the first person to tell me about it, but the first one who got the "advanced search" . I don't know if it was true or just a good guess, but he lives in Michegan and knew the color of my house, the color of the cars in the driveway, etc...it was creepy.

On this board, we don't share last names and addresses with strangers, and I think the pictures of Ellen were totally charming...and unless you have dealt directly with Kenny, you don't have his last name...but being careful with kids...is just something I advocate, you can never be too careful. Although this is a "private" board, anyone can lurk...it's amazing how many people do.

I also had my house broken into on a previous vacation..and although I don't usually post before I go away...I was a litte more paranoid this time. No dobermans, but thank goodness, I have a good alarm system (put in after we were ransacked years ago) and really nosey neighbors who saved us this time...but I hope someone else takes it as a warning...I have shared books here, that I would never have posted previously...not because they are worth so much...but because I'd rather not tempt someone who doesn't know enough to understand that they AREN'T....the professionals will just come in while you are away...it's the weird people I worry about.

That being said...I do love LOOKING at the pictures people post...so, if you disagree, I'll enjoy looking at the pictures of your families..and thanks for sharing, but be careful.

Edited by skypinkblu

I don't know if it was true or just a good guess, but he lives in Michegan and knew the color of my house, the color of the cars in the driveway, etc...it was creepy.

You should have emailed him back and asked if he could read the serial numbers on your guns.

:sumo:

I don't know if it was true or just a good guess, but he lives in Michegan and knew the color of my house, the color of the cars in the driveway, etc...it was creepy.

You should have emailed him back and asked if he could read the serial numbers on your guns.

:sumo:

lol

Just found out yesterday my cousin carries a concealed (permitted) gun every time he takes his family to the mall...At least he didn't feel it was necessary to wear it yesterday's family Christmas gathering!

Concealed carry permit :cloud9:

While I wouldn't say that it was "pimping" I can understand the veiled statement that was directed at Kenny. I believe the way the message was delivered was probably rude but I think it got the message across.

We have no idea of people's intentions and if the wrong person views any picture followed by another thread and another thread and another picture and another picture that wrong person might just take the leap from a sick fantasy to a sicker reality.

You guys see these same "To Catch a Predator" shows that I do. People drive for hours, days, to meet some girl they have only seen a picture of. There is no reason not to think that someone couldn't or wouldn't do things to get to someone's family if they had the desire to.

It really wouldn't be that hard to do if someone wanted to. I think that is the precautionary tale that is woven here. People who molest children are generally very educated and have a planning method in their head at all times. Maybe someone comes on here as a collector who just happens to be a pedo. Maybe he buys some books from someone who has posted pics, BOOM he has your address, etc etc.

ComicSupply has it right. And while I respect the opinion of Ze-man and others, and their willingness to trust every board member (and unregistered viewers), I think it is an error to assume everyone else perusing the boards is as well-intentioned or well-adjusted as you are.

This is especially critical when it comes to your kids. The boards have already had two run-ins with alleged sexual predators (this fact appears to be either forgotten or the mention of it implicitly discouraged, which I feel is a mistake), as well as one banned member who was seemingly unstable, violent, and threatening. And these were registered members, two of whom were well-like and respected. Pedophiles are expert at not only gaining the trust of children, but also of their parents. To me, it is just too risky to put my kids on display for the rest of the world, no matter how much comic-related fun I have with them.

This thread continues to be relevant.

The way my wife has been drinking (and it ain't a happy drinking) since November 9, I suggest buy stock in liquor companies.

I thought blob's post was funny.

There are many ways people in US are reacting to the new Prez., and I thought that was his way of laughing it off a bit, philosophically (and not a way of starting a discussion about use/abuse of vices).