• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone do a run of 10 or more slabs in the same grade?

56 posts in this topic

I happened to get a few issues all in the same grade of a series that I previously wouldn't have thought of collecting and it made me wonder if anyone here tries to get runs of slabs all with the same grade. If so, how hard was it and how long did it take to get your run together?

Any group shots would be great !!!.

I happened to get a few issues all in the same grade of a series that I previously wouldn't have thought of collecting and it made me wonder if anyone here tries to get runs of slabs all with the same grade. If so, how hard was it and how long did it take to get your run together?

Have you taken a look at the Registry recently? :gossip:

The dates on the side will usually tell you how long they've been trying.

Never thought of it, but what a novel idea. hm

Well my ultimate goal is to have the complete astonishing x-men set in at least SS CGC 9.8. Now this set is obviously easier to collect in 9.8 since it's a modern run but it still takes a lot of time and patience. Plus this run isn't popular on most auction sites since it's modern so I end up spending most of my time looking on ebay. I currently have 33 out of the 41 in the set. All are 9.8 but only 12 of my 33 are signed. Runs like this are easier to do on more modern runs but obviously runs in any grade can be accomplished with time and $$$.

I happened to get a few issues all in the same grade of a series that I previously wouldn't have thought of collecting and it made me wonder if anyone here tries to get runs of slabs all with the same grade.

Not I, said the cat.

This is kinda like walking into a titty bar gentleman's club and asking the patrons if they like to look at naked women.

That's an interesting idea. I might have to think about trying this. hm

Ask greggy, Doc Watson and Mutant Keys :shrug:

MK sold his, Doc never posts runs and greggy is...well greggy. If you want to see beautiful nice long runs of X-men books, you can find my X-Men 94-143 run and X-men 144-200 run posted in General. And my 94-143 run is also posted in bronze X-Men. You could also ask Casey but I don't think he ever posts runs either. I also posed a run of Valiant Solar Man of the Atom 1-11 in the Valiant Appreciation thread in Modern.

Here's a run I don't think I have ever posted before

th_Wolverine1CGC9-1.jpgth_Wolverine2CGC9-2.jpgth_Wolverine3CGC9-2.jpgth_Wolverine4CGC9-1.jpgth_Wolverine5CGC9-1.jpgth_Wolverine6CGC9-1.jpgth_Wolverine7CGC9-1.jpgth_Wolverine8CGC9-2.jpgth_Wolverine9CGC9-2.jpgth_Wolverine10CGC9.jpg

Here's a run I don't think I have ever posted before

th_Wolverine1CGC9-1.jpgth_Wolverine2CGC9-2.jpgth_Wolverine3CGC9-2.jpgth_Wolverine4CGC9-1.jpgth_Wolverine5CGC9-1.jpgth_Wolverine6CGC9-1.jpgth_Wolverine7CGC9-1.jpgth_Wolverine8CGC9-2.jpgth_Wolverine9CGC9-2.jpgth_Wolverine10CGC9.jpg

Yes you have :baiting: