• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd String DC Sci-Fi
1 1

1,249 posts in this topic

HouseofMystery47.jpg

This thread could use a bump though I posted a scan of the book in best covers of the 1950s. Anyway, this book is exactly 56 years old and I love the cover!

Great cover. :headbang: Cover art by Ruben Moreira, per GCD.

:cloud9: Moreira...

Here are scans of a few more of my House of Secrets comics that I've not yet posted in this thread:

10-06-201245101PM.jpg

10-06-201245106PM.jpg

10-06-201245113PM.jpg

22-08-2011105854PM.jpg

I had fun posing for that last cover, yes I did! The MAN's Corgi collection was never the same though.

;)

Edited by Hepcat

Here are scans of a few more of my House of Secrets comics that I've not yet posted in this thread:

10-06-201245101PM.jpg

10-06-201245106PM.jpg

10-06-201245113PM.jpg

22-08-2011105854PM.jpg

I had fun posing for that last cover, yes I did! The MAN's Corgi collection was never the same though.

;)

Sweet copies with vibrant colors. :applause: I had never seen the cat cover before. :o

Yes, I am, as a matter of fact, but I got a long way to go and right now I'm sort of short on funds as I spent some bucks at Comic-Con. These books are hard to find in decent grade. But in another few montlhs I'll resume my quest. If you have any for sale or know someone who does, please LMK.

Thanks,

SLR

BTW--You have a dynamite collection. Don't ever stop sharing. Looking at your books is one of the highlights of my day.

Edited by Stevenrams

BTW--You have a dynamite collection. Don't ever stop sharing. Looking at your books is one of the highlights of my day.

Thank you! I still have several dozen scans to share and over a thousand worthwhile comics to scan.

:o:cloud9::cloud9: That's great news!

There is one thing holding me back from posting several dozen scans that I have in inventory. In the following threads I've now ended up talking to myself:

SILVER AGE

Adventures of the Fly

Aquaman

Atom

Gold Key

Green Lantern

Harvey

Justice League

Metal Men

Tom & Jerry

War That Time Forgot

MAGAZINES

Drag Cartoons

Vampirella

Warren

Those threads are all really dead despite my most recent efforts.

(shrug)

Edited by Hepcat

Great books, "Hepcat". Here's one of my all-time favorite DC titles: MGA63.jpg

Nice book Steve. I also love MGA :cloud9: , Strange Adv., House of Mystery & Secrets from that era. Some exceptional covers in that period and pretty different to read too, make a nice change from some of the lame DC superhero stuff that was often lurking within the pages of some of the more popular titles.