• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd String DC Sci-Fi
1 1

1,249 posts in this topic

What I find particularly ironic is that the Strange Adventures title is much more highly respected and prized by collectors these days than either the My Greatest Adventure or House of Mystery titles yet Strange Adventures didn't sell quite as well as the latter two back in 1960:

1960 Comic Book Sales Figures

(shrug)

Edited by Hepcat

What I find particularly ironic is that the Strange Adventures title is much more highly respected and prized by collectors these days than either the My Greatest Adventure or House of Mystery titles yet Strange Adventures didn't sell quite as well as the latter two back in 1960:

1960 Comic Book Sales Figures

(shrug)

I don't trust those numbers at all.

If you go from year to year, you see the numbers for many of the titles vary so wildly from year to year, that it is hard to take the figures seriously.

Just my 2c

Fair point. If though you're looking primarily at the drop in Dell title sales between 1960 and 1961, there was a very good reason behind the relative drop in Dell's sales. Dell comics were raised in price to fifteen cents in early 1961 while the other publishers kept theirs at ten cents.

:preach: