• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd String DC Sci-Fi
1 1

1,249 posts in this topic

Just scanned a few of my, My Greatest Adventures, after being directed here by Hepcat.

Some of these comics are the first books I owned and loved, these were the titles that made me collect comics.

Please dont expect Hepcat quality, these are my well loved, well read childhood comics :foryou:

MyGreatestAdventure2.jpg

MyGreatestAdventure10.jpg

MyGreatestAdventure11.jpg

Some of these comics are the first books I owned and loved,

Wow! Too cool! Not many of us have any of the actual copies we bought as kids.

these were the titles that made me collect comics.

Not surprising! I can see why.

:)

I still own 99% of all the comics I have ever bought for my own collection.

I did sell a few Marvel in the 1990s when I needed money, other than that I still have everything, even my undercopies :grin:

I did sell a few Marvel in the 1990s when I needed money, other than that I still have everything, even my undercopies :grin:

So where do the 25000 you gave away fit in?

I used to buy collections in the 1980s I absorbed 1000s of books to get the few comics I needed from any given collection when sellers wouldnt split their books.

I used to buy collections in the 1980s I absorbed 1000s of books to get the few comics I needed from any given collection when sellers wouldnt split their books.

I see.

You had me worried there for a moment. Still owning 99% of your books and 'giving away 25000' would put your collection into the millions, and I wasn't buying that.

I see.

You had me worried there for a moment. Still owning 99% of your books and 'giving away 25000' would put your collection into the millions, and I wasn't buying that.

lol It feels like that sometimes, I will be doing the same at the Chrismas holidays again this year, its just low grade drek, not even worth the postage.

Here is my post to DR.X who was my inspiration in this.

Hey Tim,

I was gonna post about this in the "How big is your collection thread" but thought I would tell you about it before I posted, my collection has been drastically reduced as I gave away around 25 long boxes over the Christmas holiday period, inspired by you and your free give away thread late last year and various other boardies stating why would anyone hold on to their drek.

After some thought, I agreed and dished out the stuff ( duplicate drek only, but great readable drek) to dentists, doctors and hospital waiting rooms in the area, I filled the local takeaway shops and gave lots of comics to kids with their parents in car parks and in the town center. I went to get a takeaway in the local Indians and I was amazed at the people reading the books I had put there a couple of nights before (20 people sitting reading comics)

It felt great to be rid of that stuff and I now have some space in one of my comic rooms.

Its one of the best things I have done and I feel cleansed after holding on to some of that for 30+ years.

Thanks for the inspiration bud, its good to give and I feel really good (thumbs u

Kev

I see.

lol It feels like that sometimes, I will be doing the same at the Chrismas holidays again this year, its just low grade drek, not even worth the postage.

Here is my post to DR.X who was my inspiration in this.

Hey Tim,

I was gonna post about this in the "How big is your collection thread" but thought I would tell you about it before I posted, my collection has been drastically reduced as I gave away around 25 long boxes over the Christmas holiday period, inspired by you and your free give away thread late last year and various other boardies stating why would anyone hold on to their drek.

After some thought, I agreed and dished out the stuff ( duplicate drek only, but great readable drek) to dentists, doctors and hospital waiting rooms in the area, I filled the local takeaway shops and gave lots of comics to kids with their parents in car parks and in the town center. I went to get a takeaway in the local Indians and I was amazed at the people reading the books I had put there a couple of nights before (20 people sitting reading comics)

It felt great to be rid of that stuff and I now have some space in one of my comic rooms.

Its one of the best things I have done and I feel cleansed after holding on to some of that for 30+ years.

Thanks for the inspiration bud, its good to give and I feel really good (thumbs u

Kev

Excellent. Even drek has a purpose. Kudos :applause: