• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Never-Ending Comic Book Quiz

1,202 posts in this topic

I'm just going to go with "you didn't let me finish, I almost had it!"

I don't have the resources to get a distorted picture going, so I'll just ask a question.

My username, Peter Palmer, was used in 1 issue and never again. In what issue was it used and what is the story behind the name?

^^

I he knows this, I'm sure he knows the story. Spider-man was known as Peter "Parker" in Amazing Fantasy 15. Spider-man took off in popularity and got his own series shortly after. Stan worked mostly from memory and used names with alliteration to help him remember (i.e. Scott "Slim" Summers, Stephen Strange, Bruce Banner, Matt Murdock, etc.).

When ASM #1 came out, it was published with Peter's surname mistakenly given as "Palmer". Someone no doubt won a no-prize for pointing out the error and he's been Peter Parker ever since.

Ball's in your court, Alpha.

:acclaim: I'm not sure to be proud to win such an easy one ... :sorry:

Name at least 3 Magicians that had their own series in the Golden Age of Comics. I don't mean strictly that they had their own comic book; they qualify even if they were only recurring features in anthology books.

Name at least 3 Magicians that had their own series in the Golden Age of Comics. I don't mean strictly that they had their own comic book; they qualify even if they were only recurring features in anthology books.

Merlin the Magician

Zatara the Magician

Balbo, the Boy Magician

Merlin the Magician

Zatara the Magician

Balbo, the Boy Magician

:applause: :applause:

Your turn (thumbs u