• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Never-Ending Comic Book Quiz

1,202 posts in this topic

This Filipino artist only worked on two issues of Warren Publishing's "Vampirella" title (only one of his two drawn stories featured Vampirella herself - see sample below) before he was tragically killed in a car accident in the Philippines. Name both the artist and the issue in which his very memorable sole drawn Vampirella story appears.

152558.jpg.7d89a329aa5d52ca0f50d168c613b05c.jpg

Bueller? Bueller?

Hint: the issue in question is from the last 25 of the original Warren Vampirella series.

Okay.

Anton Caravana, Vampi 100.

(I cheated and used GCD) :blush:

Correct! :takeit:

Okay.

Here's one.

I haven't looked at this whole thread, so hopefully I'm not repeating a previous entry...

In what issue of the Fantastic Four did Ben Grimm (as the Thing) first yell "It's Clobberin' Time!" as he was attacking a foe?

-He may have mentioned clobberin' someone in a dialogue or thought balloon earlier, but I'm talking about the phrase used as a bona fide battle cry.

FF #17

I looked, and couldn't find it.

I saw a panel where the Thing is thinking about clobbering some equipment, but not the phrase "It's Clobberin' Time". Correct me if I missed it.

If we included that one, there are earlier references of the Thing using the word "clobber" in a thought or word balloon; FF # 15, and I think #14 as well.

FF #22?

By my reckoning ^^

What Golden Age Quality Comics hero, in his civilian identity, may have appeared as a background cameo (does not affect the story) in a Spidey title?

Hint1- The "Cameo" was on the splash page.

Edited by MR-SigS