• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Never-Ending Comic Book Quiz

1,202 posts in this topic

This is probably too specific, but I got such a laugh out of it, I'll give it a try.

When young Bruce Wayne and his parents moved to Smallville, what was the first line that Bruce spoke "on panel"?

If that question doesn't work, I'll ask a different one tomorrow.

Jack

"I'm afraid you're not the boy I'm looking for!"

Eh? Which book is that from? Unless there's an earlier story than the one I'm thinking of, no.

To clarify and to provide a clue, I mean the first thing that Bruce says in the story, not the cover scene that takes place later in the story.

Jack

We might be thinking of different stories.

The first thing the adult Bruce Wayne says in my story is: "Wonder what Batman and Robin are wanted for this time?"

The first thing he says, in a flashback, as a child living in Smallville is: "I'm afraid you're not the boy I'm looking for!"

This is probably too specific, but I got such a laugh out of it, I'll give it a try.

When young Bruce Wayne and his parents moved to Smallville, what was the first line that Bruce spoke "on panel"?

If that question doesn't work, I'll ask a different one tomorrow.

Jack

"I'm afraid you're not the boy I'm looking for!"

Eh? Which book is that from? Unless there's an earlier story than the one I'm thinking of, no.

To clarify and to provide a clue, I mean the first thing that Bruce says in the story, not the cover scene that takes place later in the story.

Jack

We might be thinking of different stories.

The first thing the adult Bruce Wayne says in my story is: "Wonder what Batman and Robin are wanted for this time?"

The first thing he says, in a flashback, as a child living in Smallville is: "I'm afraid you're not the boy I'm looking for!"

Our judges have ruled BangZoom's answer a ^^

He is quoting a story in World's Finest Comics #84 (October 1956), which GCD calls "1st meeting of Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent in Smallville".

I was looking at Adventure Comics #275, August 1960. BZ has me beat on publication date, and who knows which meeting occurred earlier in Smallville's convoluted continuity. Jerry Coleman, writer of the Adventure story, was apparently unaware of Edmond Hamilton's earlier WF story, and so was I.

I'll post my panel and quotation on Sunday -- not on this computer.

Take the baton and a bow for stumping the judges, BZ.

Jack

He is quoting a story in World's Finest Comics #84 (October 1956), which GCD calls "1st meeting of Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent in Smallville".

I was looking at Adventure Comics #275, August 1960. BZ has me beat on publication date, and who knows which meeting occurred earlier in Smallville's convoluted continuity. Jerry Coleman, writer of the Adventure story, was apparently unaware of Edmond Hamilton's earlier WF story, and so was I.

I'll post my panel and quotation on Sunday -- not on this computer.

Here's the Adventure Comics 275 panel:

Adventure275CH2Opanel.jpg

"The transformation of formaldehyde and acetaldehyde into polyermic [sic] forms is a chemical change readily reversible!"

It cracks me up. Probably copied verbatim out of a random page of a random textbook by the scripter including the oddly inverted word order, but the bungled word "polymeric" and the exclamation mark make it a bizarre opening statement. Lana Lang finds it titillating.

Your question, BZ.

Jack

New question:

Who gave birth to a baby boy, the first Bizarro actually born on the planet Htrae, as opposed to having been created by Bizarro's imitator machine?

What name is the child given when he comes to Earth?

And, who ends up being his foster parents?

New question:

Who gave birth to a baby boy, the first Bizarro actually born on the planet Htrae, as opposed to having been created by Bizarro's imitator machine?

What name is the child given when he comes to Earth?

And, who ends up being his foster parents?

Well it has to be Lois (Bizarro Lois) of course.

Baby was called Buster and the foster parents turn out to be robots

th_sm140p16.jpg

What member of the Green lantern Corps failed to delay Krypton from exploding? And what substance was he gathering to absorb the radiation in Krypton's core?

Tomar-Re, stellarium

Jack

GOOD JOB

BTW sorry about posting i didnt read the rules until after i posted.

"In america nobody reads the signs"

No worries Jesse. I saw it as excitement to participate.

The question I was going to ask relates to Killer Croc. In his early appearances, he wanted the underworld bosses to call him by another name.

1) What was the name?

2) What Batman issue did this occur?