• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW POLL - Fantastic Four # 1

PGM Fantastic Four # 1  

264 members have voted

1. 1. PGM Fantastic Four # 1

65 posts in this topic

I'm having trouble coming up with a grade... The thing that holds me back from 7.0/7.5 is that one or both spine corners appear to have slight chips/rounding at the spine corners, and I could see CGC hammering the book for that. Which makes me think closer to a Fine, but the book looks too nice for that.

So I'll guess 6.5, but I'd sure be happy to be wrong if it's higher. Very nice book!

Debris in the slab.

help me here - i zoomed way in on this and still am not sure what you're seeing............

Could be a stray pencil mark.

Left side center. :gossip:

Debris in the slab.

help me here - i zoomed way in on this and still am not sure what you're seeing............

now i got 'ya............

and that is quite interesting because it's not on the original scan before slabbing.... :o

i'll have to go back and see if it is debris, but i think not. at high magnification, that looks like a pencil mark..........I suppose that i could have done it somehow.

Debris in the slab.

and that is quite interesting because it's not on the original scan before slabbing.... :o

i'll have to go back and see if it is debris, but i think not. at high magnification, that looks like a pencil mark..........I suppose that i could have done it somehow.

Or maybe the pre-grader likes to doodle... :whistle:

Debris in the slab.

Or maybe the pre-grader likes to doodle... :whistle:

Damn Pre-Graders............. (tsk)

I'm having trouble coming up with a grade... The thing that holds me back from 7.0/7.5 is that one or both spine corners appear to have slight chips/rounding at the spine corners, and I could see CGC hammering the book for that. Which makes me think closer to a Fine, but the book looks too nice for that.

So I'll guess 6.5, but I'd sure be happy to be wrong if it's higher. Very nice book!

A close examination of the black line along the spine edge of the back cover shows a LOT of spine stresses and breaks. Plus, you have a few slightly fuzzy corners. I think 7.0 or higher is too high.

While the book presents well, I'd bet CGC gave it a 6.5 with an FF 1 bump. Any other book might get a 6.0.

Great book and great story behind it. I thought it graded 7.0. Maybe I should post my copy of Dazzler #1 that I bought off the rack right before I started high school.

lol

Hey, i read somewhere on Ebay that dazzler # 1's were pretty scarce??? (thumbs u