• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Church copies of Adventure coming to Heritage

56 posts in this topic

The #44 is now listed, and unfortunately as I suspected: "Restoration includes: small amount of color touch on cover, spine split sealed to cover, cover cleaned, cover reinforced."

Darn you dealer in Washington. Couldn't you resist anything that came through your hands?

(Oh, and the #51 is a 9.8) :gossip:

that 51 is incredible! heritage does not have scan up yet, but I saw a jpg of it...wow

Can't wait to see it. 51 is my fave. :cloud9:hm

Too bad on the 44, a little bit more than just a cleaning.

The #44 is now listed, and unfortunately as I suspected: "Restoration includes: small amount of color touch on cover, spine split sealed to cover, cover cleaned, cover reinforced."

Darn you dealer in Washington. Couldn't you resist anything that came through your hands?

that 51 is incredible! heritage does not have scan up yet, but I saw a jpg of it...wow

Where did you see the jpg at Rick?

wouldn't you like to know.... hahahaahahahhaahahah

wouldn't you like to know.... hahahaahahahhaahahah

:sorry:

So they're sending them to CGC hm Heritage better hope they don't come back PLODs like a few Church books have (think GL 1).

When I bought the 44 I was warned that a certain dealer in Castle Rock had it at one point and it was cleaned - if Joe is the current owner, I'm going to hope for his sake that's not the case.

That certain dealer cleaned a unrestored old school vf action 1 .The result was a big color spot missing from the front cover.

Yes, totally agree with you here!

Unfortunately, the more things changed, the more they actually stay the same. Books are still being doctored and juiced up today for the sole purpose of chasing after the almighty dollar. (tsk)

Yes, totally agree with you here!

Whoa, haven't you guys heard that restoration is perfectly fine (and commendable) if it's fully disclosed? The work on the #44 is now fully disclosed to anyone who will be buying it, so it's a great and wonderful thing.

Whoa, haven't you guys heard that restoration is perfectly fine (and commendable) if it's fully disclosed? The work on the #44 is now fully disclosed to anyone who will be buying it, so it's a great and wonderful thing.

Wasn't disclosed when I bought it. I heard the information second hand.

Wasn't disclosed when I bought it. I heard the information second hand.

ouch

So they're sending them to CGC hm Heritage better hope they don't come back PLODs like a few Church books have (think GL 1).

When I bought the 44 I was warned that a certain dealer in Castle Rock had it at one point and it was cleaned - if Joe is the current owner, I'm going to hope for his sake that's not the case.

That certain dealer cleaned a unrestored old school vf action 1 .The result was a big color spot missing from the front cover.

ug that makes me cringe

Not to be a Mark Wilson apologist, but he did change his ways a number of years ago, made it very clear in his catalog at that time that all resto would be disclosed, and that any book he sold from that point on would have a two year returns privilege if it were found to have resto of any kind that hadn't been disclosed.

It's a shame that books like the Adventure #44 were "enhanced", but in my book Mark's done his penance.

Not to be a Mark Wilson apologist, but he did change his ways a number of years ago, made it very clear in his catalog at that time that all resto would be disclosed, and that any book he sold from that point on would have a two year returns privilege if it were found to have resto of any kind that hadn't been disclosed.

It's a shame that books like the Adventure #44 were "enhanced", but in my book Mark's done his penance.

Easy to do when all you sell is slabbed books. Maybe he saw the writing on the wall.

Like Homer Simpson said, "Marge, I swear I never would have done it if I knew you would find out."

Easy to do when all you sell is slabbed books. Maybe he saw the writing on the wall.

Like Homer Simpson said, "Marge, I swear I never would have done it if I knew you would find out."

No, his mea culpa happened years before CGC opened its doors, back in his World's Finest days. I purchased books from him around that time, and the few that I still have came back blue label from CGC.