• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Church copies of Adventure coming to Heritage

56 posts in this topic

So they're sending them to CGC hm Heritage better hope they don't come back PLODs like a few Church books have (think GL 1).

I could be talking out of my arse, here, but I think they came from the same collector as the GL Church books...

At least, it was my understanding that Joe had many of the Adventures. I've got a couple of his non-pedigree cast-offs.

So they're sending them to CGC hm Heritage better hope they don't come back PLODs like a few Church books have (think GL 1).

When I bought the 44 I was warned that a certain dealer in Castle Rock had it at one point and it was cleaned - if Joe is the current owner, I'm going to hope for his sake that's not the case.

When I bought the 44 I was warned that a certain dealer in Castle Rock had it at one point and it was cleaned - if Joe is the current owner, I'm going to hope for his sake that's not the case.

Bad memories. Dealers with resto training :frustrated:

Perhaps Mr Bedrock knows if these are Joe's? If it is there's at least one more Adventure that isn't in the sale.

I could be talking out of my arse, here, but I think they came from the same collector as the GL Church books...

At least, it was my understanding that Joe had many of the Adventures. I've got a couple of his non-pedigree cast-offs.

Thanks, I was just going to ask if anyone knew who was the seller.

Man, for his sake and the sake of the collecting minority who would like to see nice books stay untampered with, I sure hope these books didn`t get restored like some of the MH GLs did.

From today's Scoop - Church copies of Adventure at Heritage

This is sure to bring some strong interest.

The #44 and #47 used to be mine and were traded to the dentist long ago, so they'll probably bring a tear to my eye when I see what they bring.

What did you grade them as? And was there any restoration on the books when you traded them to the Dentist?

Oh I'm sure they won't; they'll have someone look over them that would be certain they'd come back in a blue holder.

The #44 used to be mine

The cover art to this copy is fantastic.......I don't know how scarce issue #44 is, but I know I've never seen a copy at any Con, or offered by a collector/dealer over the past ???? years ( that I recall )

What do you think this book will grade at / sell for?

The #44 used to be mine

The cover art to this copy is fantastic.......I don't know how scarce issue #44 is, but I know I've never seen a copy at any Con, or offered by a collector/dealer over the past ???? years ( that I recall )

If it grades at least 9.4 unrestored I think it will easily get 45-50K

2c

The #44 used to be mine

Metro "has listed" a #44 5.0 for 2k...go bananas :)

I picked up a #51 in the latest Trolley batch, which I've found to be extremely tough to find as well.

I totally love all the early Sandman covers and am interested in seeing what these grade/go for.

I know I've never seen a copy at any Con

Gary Carter setting up the early Church superhero Adventure run (I can still visualize the books on the top shelf of the display) at the San Diego Con - this was in the old days, of course.

I have the Nova Scotia copy Adventure 44, which I fortunately obtained from Jim Payette:

100_0954.jpg

Oh I'm sure they won't; they'll have someone look over them that would be certain they'd come back in a blue holder.

There will be one or two sacrificial PLOD's to make it look good. But a lot of "otherwise" or small color touch or "dab of glue".

The #44 used to be mine

If it grades at least 9.4 unrestored I think it will easily get 45-50K

2c

I owned the MH copy of Adventure #42 for a number of years. It went for about 6 times guide or so in 2002. CGC graded it 9.4...it was incredible.

West

Gary Carter setting up the early Church superhero Adventure run (I can still visualize the books on the top shelf of the display) at the San Diego Con - this was in the old days, of course.

I have the Nova Scotia copy Adventure 44, which I fortunately obtained from Jim Payette:

100_0954.jpg

Wow! :o