• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008 GRADING CONTEST: ROUND 12

138 posts in this topic

Well considering I have received this doh! when I nailed it, and this (thumbs u when I got 1, and this ;) when I got 3 and this hm when I nailed it, and this :whistle: when I got 1, I dont think you can go by what Nik sends you as a barometer if you are too high, or too low.. He's sneaky!

That said, I totally agree with you, if you submit a guess that should be it. Not only does it commit you to not second guess yourself, but it would also means less PM's for Nik to deal with.

I admit I have changed my grade once this contest. :blush:

I never get anything but (thumbs u

He must not like me as much as he likes you.

:(

I sincerely apologize for my earlier actions. I should not have brought up something that could have been perceived as a flaw. I do think that some may have gone a little overboard in the complaint department, but that is their right I guess.

It was an attempt at a little humor; it obviously was a bad one! It WILL NOT happen again.

Again, I apologize.

John :sorry:

They can go fist themselves. (thumbs u

I messed up on a few sales here on the boards (mistakes were on my part for not explaining exactly what i was selling) and to top it off I think I sent the wrong books out to a few forumites in the last copper/modern lots I sold.

The good news is I was just told is I will be continuing my employment with Symantec. My position was cut in late November and today they finally were able to relocate me to another department. It is a lateral move so I am happy.

Congrats! :grin:

Fuhget about da copper/modern sets - they don't even look at 'em lol

btw, the "lateral" move will be easier on your back (:

Well considering I have received this doh! when I nailed it, and this (thumbs u when I got 1, and this ;) when I got 3 and this hm when I nailed it, and this :whistle: when I got 1, I dont think you can go by what Nik sends you as a barometer if you are too high, or too low.. He's sneaky!

That said, I totally agree with you, if you submit a guess that should be it. Not only does it commit you to not second guess yourself, but it would also me :tonofbricks::roflmao:(shrug):D:baiting::boo: :wishluck:ans less PM's for Nik to deal with.

I admit I have changed my grade once this contest. :blush:

I never get anything but (thumbs u

He must not like me as much as he likes you.

:whistle::cry::sick::sumo:hm:D:shy::insane:doh!:eek::cool::tonofbricks:

here are the 12 I owe you :baiting:

I also agree with Harry and David. All remarks about the book in question should be made after the round is over.

While we're voicing our pet peeves, how about disallowing second chances? It opens the possibility that there may be a few contestants who submit a grade and then, based on the nature of the response they receive from Nik, submit a modified second grade. (tsk)

The Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? does anybody need a second guess for? :sumo:

I'm not second guessing anymore. I would have nailed 2 more books if I had stayed with my original grades. :cry:

I would have done better changing my grade the last round and I almost did.

:eek:

2 hours left, 13 slackers to go and 3 will be DQ if they dont submit this round :sumo:

Toro one of the slackers? :whistle:

He should have been :eek:

Ha ha ha!

He got -2!

And I'll probably get a -1. :tonofbricks:

Q: What's a good San Franciscan wine?

A: "You said you'd take me to Xhua!"

C'mon gang, Nik's nice enough to provide us with this diversion, let him set the rules. As much as I prefer not to ask questions, change my grade or whine, if Nik's comfy with it, let it be. BUT (and there's always a big but - :cloud9:) nobody should be discussing an active book in a thread.

The Great and Powerful Oz has spoken! :sumo:

Q: What's a good San Franciscan wine?

A: "You said you'd take me to Xhua!"

C'mon gang, Nik's nice enough to provide us with this diversion, let him set the rules. As much as I prefer not to ask questions, change my grade or whine, if Nik's comfy with it, let it be. BUT (and there's always a big but - :cloud9:) nobody should be discussing an active book in a thread.

The Great and Powerful Oz has spoken! :sumo:

Are you talking about Xiao's Sushi House? I don't know any restaurant called Xhua (is it new?) (shrug)

I sincerely apologize for my earlier actions. I should not have brought up something that could have been perceived as a flaw. I do think that some may have gone a little overboard in the complaint department, but that is their right I guess.

It was an attempt at a little humor; it obviously was a bad one! It WILL NOT happen again.

Again, I apologize.

John :sorry:

It was a small mistake and I think that the responses you got wern't meant to be aimed at you directly. It was a build up of numerous people discussing flaws or comments about the books in the previous rounds. You just happened to be the one that got stomped on. Don't give it a second thought. :foryou:

Well, it's entirely possible my original post was worded overly harshly, no hard feelings or nothing. Chalk it up to work-related stress.

I'm a lot mellower now

2 hours left, 13 slackers to go and 3 will be DQ if they dont submit this round :sumo:

Toro one of the slackers? :whistle:

He should have been :eek:

Ha ha ha!

He got -2!

And I'll probably get a -1. :tonofbricks:

Hey, I may be lucky, I know I blew this round! But I'm no slacker!!! :sumo: