• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008 GRADING CONTEST: ROUND 12

138 posts in this topic

I can live with 3 points, only because I see 71 other people also thought a book with a corner that rounded was kept outa 9.6 range. While there may not be a Nik bump, I will make a motion to adopt a new term..the Nik Nudge.

Congrats to those who nailed it.

(worship)

I can live with 3 points, only because I see 71 other people also thought a book with a corner that rounded was kept it outa 9.6 range. While there may not be a Nik bump, I will make a motion to adopt a new term..the Nik Nudge.

(worship)

Sums it up. :(

I can live with 3 points, only because I see 71 other people also thought a book with a corner that rounded was kept it outa 9.6 range. While there may not be a Nik bump, I will make a motion to adopt a new term..the Nik Nudge.

(worship)

Yep.

I was in the big 9.4 camp too.

(worship)

Yep.

Sucker

Wow - that's some rounded corner on a 9.6 (especially one with that obvious printing error on the BC). i realize that CGC doesn't typically downgrade much for printing errors but it just made the possibility of 9.6 seem even more remote........oh well...........

and BTW David, sticking to your (just guess what the majority guesses and you'll pile up the "5"'s) hasn't worked so well these past two rounds........... :tonofbricks:

(worship)

Yep.

Sucker

Hi, my name is TimMay

I too am a sucker :makepoint:

(worship)

Actually, if you guys spent any time around comics . . . :baiting:lol you'd have known that the corner in question wasn't rounded, but merely "blunted" :acclaim: And it pretty much is the lone defect on the book :headbang:

(worship)

Yep.

There's room for all in the 9.4 camp! :banana:

(worship)

To spin this in a positive way, what this book tell me is that if it did not have that rounded corner it was a possible 9.8 candidate. And 25 centers are not graded as harshly as I thought. Lesson learned.

Thanks Nik,

I enjoy learning. But it makes my brain hurt. :(

(worship)

Yep.

Sucker

Hi, my name is TimMay

I too am a sucker :makepoint:

rounded corner 9.4 .

Wow - that's some rounded corner on a 9.6 (especially one with that obvious printing error on the BC). i realize that CGC doesn't typically downgrade much for printing errors but it just made the possibility of 9.6 seem even more remote........oh well...........

and BTW David, sticking to your (just guess what the majority guesses and you'll pile up the "5"'s) hasn't worked so well these past two rounds........... :tonofbricks:

Can I help it if even the lemmings jump off the cliff now and then? (shrug):banana: