• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buyer Beware

19 posts in this topic

Bought a showcase issue off collectible_planet on ebay recently that was restored with a magic marker. The book was solicited as VF, no mention of restoration. I've emailed seller three times thus far and now branded him with additional bad feedback. The book was not too expensive. It's sellers like this that give ebay its name. :baiting: Don't buy from them!

I occasionally look at their stuff when it comes up on searches, but it seems like they've been outed on these message boards already, so I don't bid.

I have purchased an item from them sometme ago, early showcase.

Was described as a VG/F was more a G minus

Communication was poor, and it took forever to even get the book.

No more purchases from me

Bought a showcase issue off collectible_planet on ebay recently that was restored with a magic marker. The book was solicited as VF, no mention of restoration. I've emailed seller three times thus far and now branded him with additional bad feedback. The book was not too expensive. It's sellers like this that give ebay its name. :baiting: Don't buy from them!

Sorry about what happened.

I just bought me that very issue last week off a different seller.

I won't post a pic, it will only upset you more :foryou:

yeah, clearly not the grade described, but the color touch is pretty clear from the photos

OTOH, $20 (which included shipping), isn't so bad on that book, which otherwise appears to be in nice shape. but if CT (and ugly CT at that) drives you nuts, it ain't the book for you.

I have an ASM 28 around here somewhere, perhaps the most CTd book ever and, of course, it's majorly black markered on the spine with bleed through and such.

So restoration with a magic marker is a bad thing? hm

I'm sure you won't have any problem getting money back from them. After all the ad says your comic is "COLLECTIBLE_PLANET CERTIFIED". :insane:

Seriously though, Good Luck and I hope it turns out well. :wishluck: