• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,217 posts in this topic

But the other WT 1/33 is Conan too, I think: Scarlet Citadel or Tower of Elephant. Buccaneers of Venus by the way got at least 3 great St John covs. My latest pickup, Tarzan the Untamed has St J cov + 4 inside plates & I scanned Port of Peril- the renamed OAK novel- which reprints one of the WT Buccaneers covers.

tarz.JPG

oak.JPG

But the other WT 1/33 is Conan too, I think: Scarlet Citadel or Tower of Elephant. Buccaneers of Venus by the way got at least 3 great St John covs. My latest pickup, Tarzan the Untamed has St J cov + 4 inside plates & I scanned Port of Peril- the renamed OAK novel- which reprints one of the WT Buccaneers covers.

tarz.JPG

oak.JPG

That's right, it's the 2nd appearance of Conan in "The Scarlet Citadel." Man, it would have been great if St. John had done a Conan cover.

Here's a trivia question - what was the only Robert E. Howard cover to be illustrated by John Allen St. John?

Fun St J story- legend has it that the below was to be the last ish of Fantastic Adventures but the St J dino cover coupled with a rousing caveman tale inside sold so well the mag continued for 12 more years, and if you consider the digest 'Fantastic' a rebirth (I do) tack on another dozen. is Oct 1940- the 'Return of Jongor' has a super St J cov that I'll scan tomorrow...

jong.jpg

[font:Arial Black]Along the pulp lines, specifically the SHADOW, here is an extremely RARE 1930's SHADOW advertising item that I just acquired. [/font]

[font:Arial Black]I was after this original Shadow - Blue Coal - silkscreen sign for a long time.

Dimensions: 18.5" x 23.5", framed to 24" x 29".

I had it framed with Tru Vue - Museum glass.[/font]

BlueCoal3.jpg

[font:Arial Black]Thanks for having a look[/font]!

[font:Arial Black]Dwight[/font]

Edited by detective35DF

[font:Arial Black]Along the pulp lines, specifically the SHADOW, here is an extremely RARE 1930's SHADOW advertising item that I just acquired. [/font]

[font:Arial Black]I was after this original Shadow - Blue Coal - silkscreen sign for a long time.

BlueCoal3.jpg

That is beautiful. I could use one of those. Anymore available?

BlueCoal3.jpg

Wow.... that is awesome! It's a hand-printed silkscreen?

Dwight,

You have found some awesome and extremely rare items. Congrats!

In my 40 years of collecting I have only ran into a pile of pulps, so i know how rare your collectibles are.

Please keep posting!!!!!

Gary