• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,217 posts in this topic

Astounding_group1_med.jpg

Well, that's about it for my golden age pulp-sized Astoundings. There are quite a few gaps, but eventually I hope to build a run. I already have the full year of Astounding bedsheets and four of the last regular sized pulps that came out prior to Campbell's digest sized format (which eventually killed off the pulp mags), but no scans yet.

Edited by DavidMerryweather

When you guys start discussing Astoundings I'll post my images of those

:idea: I think we should start discussing Astoundings.

Just checked the thread. hm ...Not a bad idea! I see several other have picked up on it for a few posts, so I'll join in.

This is the perfect kick-off for my Astounding collection...

Astounding_single_1_med.jpg

Ooooh....another one I need to find

:applause:

Nice, Steve. Reminds me of another sci-fi pulp with a big-headed alien creature...

...this is the 1st issue of Thrilling Wonder Stories (formerly Wonder Stories) from August 1936.

ThrillingWonderStoriesVol8No1Aug1936.jpg

Just picked up the highest grade Shadow #2-5 that I have ever seen ( I am sure there ae some nicer ones out these somewhere, so I will just have to sniff them out as well).

The 1931's are nearly impossible to find in this grade with nice paper.

Shadow_1931-07_fcvr_2zzzz-1.jpg

Shadow_1931-10_fcvr_3z-1.jpg

Shadow_1931-11_fcvr_41.jpg

Shadow_1931-12_fcvr_511.jpg

Now some group shots...

Astounding_group7_med.jpg

Those Astoundings are Astonishing! :o

Astonishing1.jpg

Just picked up the highest grade Shadow #2-5 that I have ever seen ( I am sure there ae some nicer ones out these somewhere, so I will just have to sniff them out as well).

:hail: + I find the '31's to be great reads. They are not as polished as some future issues but still exciting and the plots are more convoluted.

Weird Tales, Vol 24 No 2, August 1934

This beauty just arrived yesterday. Right now, this is my favorite Weird Tales cover, even more than the Batwoman one. This is also the second of only three cover appearances by Conan.

WeirdTalesVol24No2Aug1934.jpg

This beauty just arrived yesterday. Right now, this is my favorite Weird Tales cover, even more than the Batwoman one. This is also the second of only three cover appearances by Conan.

That's a stunner Todd! :applause:

Shadow_1931-07_fcvr_2zzzz-1.jpg

Shadow_1931-10_fcvr_3z-1.jpg

Shadow_1931-11_fcvr_41.jpg

Shadow_1931-12_fcvr_511.jpg

:applause: (thumbs u

Beautiful copy! I was actually the underbidder - glad it went to a boadie. (thumbs u

(worship)

(worship)

Fabulous copy! I'm never going to find one of these so I will have to settle for the replica!