• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,217 posts in this topic

I'll be headed to DC tomorrow to give a paper on one of the Pulp Studies sessions. Really looking forward to it. This will be the largest Pulp session we've ever had, with five sessions and 16 papers.

Just for fun I've turned my older 2011 PCA/ACA paper on Howard's use of the Atlantis theme in creating the Thurian and Hyborian Ages into a video podcast. Enjoy.

Creating an Age Undreamed Of

Two more Howard (and also HPL and CAS) rarities arrived at the casa yesterday.

Books so rare (and even more so in dj, high grade and first print) they have acquired near-legendary status:

Terror by Night, 1934, with "Rogues in the House", the first ever publication of a Conan story in bookform, and "Keep on the Light" with "Worms of the Earth".

These were very fragile publications, cheaply made, hence their scarce status (+ many copies probably didn't survive the paper drives of WWII)

2013-03-26174108.jpg

Great stuff! Love the smoking Santa! lol
Back in the day, there was no better way to say "Happy Birthday, Jesus," than with a pocket full of ciggie butts. :signofftopic:

cig_card.jpg

Edited by Weird Paper