• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,213 posts in this topic

We're more used to seeing Weird Tales from the 1925-33 era with their bright red borders. But for a time in late 1926 and early 1927 they experimented with a black border. I just realized I have all 5 of them, so I took the group shot. I think the black border looks great on these.

IMG_2974.JPG

Excellent :applause:

We're more used to seeing Weird Tales from the 1925-33 era with their bright red borders. But for a time in late 1926 and early 1927 they experimented with a black border. I just realized I have all 5 of them, so I took the group shot. I think the black border looks great on these.

IMG_2974.JPG

I love those covers. :applause:

IMG_2974.JPG

I love those covers. :applause:

Too bad black wasn't used instead of red. But I'm sure it was for visibility on the newstand, like the tons of red and yellow GA books that were created at the time.

Don't know where else to put this but I wanted to post that one of your members. Blbcomics, (Robert Beerbohm) is a thief.

I entered into an agreement with him to purchase 341 pulps (mostly argosy) for $3600.00 last April (2013). He was suppose to have them in the mail within one week. Now as of November (2013), he has still not mailed them nor does he intend to.

He recieved the money through paypal back in April. I've contacted him about twice a month by phone since then. Every two weeks it's another excuse. Usually that he forgot, or he has better things to think about because his daughter is sick with cancer (which is why I offered to buy the pulps in the first place). It's no excuse as I paid him almost 8 months ago now, and he still mails over 200 items a month through his ebay store alone.

He entered into the sale with me on bad faith and pocketed the entire amount of money ($3600.00). He has since sold some of the pulps on ebay. He now ignores my phone calls and has left his voice mailbox full so I can't even leave a message.

It's important to note that he used several of you as references in this transaction. I guess he knows many of you from comicon and the like. Sparklecitycomics and Dwight Fuhro are two of you that I remember offhand, but there are others from the ccg boards.

He stole from me and he is smearing your names through his actions.

Please do not do business with this man. He is a thief.

-Matthew King

Wasnt end of year the deadline for this getting done?

Anyone know if BLB has completed the transaction?

Here is a photo I posted a few years back which shows some covers from 1925.

I think the September issue was the only Weird Tales with a blue border.

Speaking of black or red covers, when did WT switch from white to red spines? I thought they had been red from the beginning, but obviously not.

Thanks, BZ, but I was asking about the spines, not the borders.

The August 1925 issue has a red spine.

September and October are white.

November and December are red.

I assume they're all red from that date forward..