• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,261 posts in this topic

REH,,, heh heh heh... a bit...

Actually, that Magic Carpet seen above has an REH story in it titled "The Lion of Tiberius"...

I currently need only the first and last issue to complete the five issue run of Magic Carpet, if anyone has those to part with (VG or better, please)...

Fantastic Adventures v01n01 (1939-05)

FantasticAdventuresv01n011939-05.jpgFantasticAdventuresv01n01B.jpg

Fantastic Adventures v01n02 (1939-07)

FantasticAdventuresv01n021939-07.jpgFantasticAdventuresv01n02B.jpg

Fantastic Adventures v01n03 (1939-09)

FantasticAdventuresv01n031939-09-1.jpgFantasticAdventuresv01n03B.jpg

Fantastic Adventures v01n04 (1939-11)

FantasticAdventuresv01n041939-11.jpgFantasticAdventuresv01n04B.jpg

Fantastic Adventures v02n01 (1940-01)

FantasticAdventuresv02n011940-01.jpgFantasticAdventuresv02n01B.jpg

Fantastic Adventures v02n02 (1940-02)

FantasticAdventuresv02n021940-02.jpgFantasticAdventuresv02n02B.jpg

Fantastic Adventures v02n03 (1940-03)

FantasticAdventuresv02n031940-03.jpgFantasticAdventuresv02n03B.jpg

Fantastic Adventures v02n04 (1940-04)

FantasticAdventuresv02n041940-04.jpgFantasticAdventuresv02n04B.jpg

Fantastic Adventures v02n05 (1940-05)

FantasticAdventuresv02n051940-05.jpgFantasticAdventuresv02n05B.jpg

Wow! These are wonderful!

FantasticAdventuresv01n03B.jpg

Omigosh -- it's Murphy Anderson's butterfly-ear people prototype!

Isn't there another critter from a DC science fiction cover with a face that looks just like this guy? I can't put my finder on it right now.

Fantastic Adventures v02n04 (1940-04)

FantasticAdventuresv02n04B.jpg

You in the back. Wipe that smirk off your face!

Jack

63051.jpg.eed43859ccea192879ae2829c6e4b9b0.jpg

63052.jpg.ad0b0a7f6a374e212501befc3a7b629f.jpg

Wow! These are wonderful!

FantasticAdventuresv01n03B.jpg

Omigosh -- it's Murphy Anderson's butterfly-ear people prototype!

Isn't there another critter from a DC science fiction cover with a face that looks just like this guy? I can't put my finder on it right now.

Jack

Here's the one I was thinking of -- Science Comics 3 from Fox, not DC.

I've seen the cover attributed to Fine, and I've seen disagreement.

Jack

63053.jpg.f45a8ac141d0a071e2d08c8397dc62ad.jpg

REH,,, heh heh heh... a bit...

Actually, that Magic Carpet seen above has an REH story in it titled "The Lion of Tiberius"...

I currently need only the first and last issue to complete the five issue run of Magic Carpet, if anyone has those to part with (VG or better, please)...

And the Golden Fleece has "Black Vulmea's Vengence." (thumbs u

Great books! To echo Ciorac, it's great to have another pulp collector here. I just started collecting them about a year ago and I'm completely hooked.

Seeing Cimm's Paul books prompted me to post these again... I put them up in the SD con thread... these were among my few pick ups... they were SUPER cheap!!

This issue has a great article/report on the first Sci Fi con, at which Frank R. Paul was given a dinner in his honor. There is also a contest in this issue, and the prize was the cover illustration of this issue... someone must have won, because I saw the original painting a few years back in Brooklyn:

SCIFIpaulcover001.jpg

Great covers:

FFM_paul001.jpg

FFM_paul002.jpg

Haven't posted this shot in a while... a fraction of my Paul cover pulps:

paulgroup1POST-1.jpg

Seeing Cimm's Paul books prompted me to post these again... I put them up in the SD con thread... these were among my few pick ups... they were SUPER cheap!!

This issue has a great article/report on the first Sci Fi con, at which Frank R. Paul was given a dinner in his honor. There is also a contest in this issue, and the prize was the cover illustration of this issue... someone must have won, because I saw the original painting a few years back in Brooklyn:

SCIFIpaulcover001.jpg

Great covers:

FFM_paul001.jpg

FFM_paul002.jpg

Haven't posted this shot in a while... a fraction of my Paul cover pulps:

paulgroup1POST-1.jpg

I will never tire of seeing them Ryan (worship)

Let me get in on the Paul party. Here are some examples of his planetary city series from the back covers of Amazing in 1941. These aren't mine any more, but they went to a good home a few months back. :)

AmazingStories1941-03bc.jpg

AmazingStories1941-06bc.jpg

AmazingStories1941-08bc.jpg

Thanks Bill... slowly picking away at the runs of WONDER / SCIENCE WONDER (one issue left!) / and AMAZING STORIES (Gernsback issues only), and all the quarterly issues too. Picking up other Paul issues of various titles like FANTASTIC ADVENTURES and SCIENCE FICTION as well.

I know you have some tucked away... feel free to post 'em if you have the inkling!!

Let me get in on the Paul party. Here are some examples of his planetary city series from the back covers of Amazing in 1941. These aren't mine any more, but they went to a good home a few months back. :)

AmazingStories1941-06bc.jpg

Those are wonderful, Theagenes!! I have yet to start in on the AMAZING Paul back cover issues. Easily some of his best work!!

Thanks Bill... slowly picking away at the runs of WONDER / SCIENCE WONDER (one issue left!) / and AMAZING STORIES (Gernsback issues only), and all the quarterly issues too. Picking up other Paul issues of various titles like FANTASTIC ADVENTURES and SCIENCE FICTION as well.

I know you have some tucked away... feel free to post 'em if you have the inkling!!

I've got a long way to go in my pulp quest, as I am going for just about all the sci-fi pulps ever printed!

I'll never get there.... :pullhair:

I've got a long way to go in my pulp quest, as I am going for just about all the sci-fi pulps ever printed!

I'll never get there.... :pullhair:

Good grief ... and I thought I had my work cut out just focusing on the Paul covers!! :screwy:

:baiting:

GOOD LUCK!!

Here are some interior Paul illos that I posted in Sardo's Buck Rogers thread a few weeks back.

Armageddon2419_02.jpg

Great shots Theagenes!! I recently sold my beater copy of that issue... cleared out all my fugly pulps, dupes or no dupes!! I need to find a copy of that again... passed up a beautiful copy for $500 about nine years ago!!! doh!