• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,145 posts in this topic

More pulpiness today. I finally got a copy of this book -

59083-Argosy-April-1-1939.jpg

Aside from the cool Belarski elephant cover, it completes the mini-run I need to read the entirety of Zagat's Seven out of Time that started here -

59086-Argosy-March-11-1939.jpg

went onto -

59087-Argosy-March-18-1939.jpg

then in with this Dr. Kildare serials (which is another reason I needed the pulp I got in today) - I actually have 2 copies of this Argosy issue, hence the need for better want lists :flamed:

59088-Argosy-March-25-1939.jpg

then it's the elephant issue followed by this - Notice how the fire-fighter was the yard master a couple of issues back -

59084-Argosy-April-8-1939.jpg

and finally Seven out of Time ends under this anodyne cover by George Rosen -

59085-Argosy-April-15-1939.jpg

I will add an oddity to the list. I picked up this bedsheet sized "Science and Inventions" from May 1925. what makes this issue unique is the cool dinosaur cover, and that in the pulp guide it lists it as:

"(Classic cover, Brontosaurus tears through city street---inspired by an article on the special effects behind the silent film, "The Lost World")"

ScienceandInvention.jpg

Some more in today. Here are 2;

First from Fiction House, the pulp reprints 2 novels and then I thought the cover on the Double-Action Western was interesting if only for the grim face on the Rio Kid as it is in the shadow -

59751-TwoCompleteDetective-Spring1942s.jpg.b648abc4efa2a67c232cbb8bb154edea.jpg

59752-Double-ActionWestern-March1942s.jpg.7c3c4c3c8dd2231b9d8a83ef5eeda8c3.jpg

I will add an oddity to the list. I picked up this bedsheet sized "Science and Inventions" from May 1925. what makes this issue unique is the cool dinosaur cover, and that in the pulp guide it lists it as:

"(Classic cover, Brontosaurus tears through city street---inspired by an article on the special effects behind the silent film, "The Lost World")"

ScienceandInvention.jpg

Very cool - I love that it's a dramatic painted cover instead of just stills from the movie. every time I look at old pulps and other magazines from the 20s and 30s I think how lush newstands of the era must have looked compared to today.

WTB: WEIRD TALES OCT 1933 BRUNDAGE "BATWOMAN" COVER

I am seeking a copy of this particular pulp.

PM me or email me at : eccomic@rogers.com with pix and asking price. Looking for VG or better with eye appeal on the cover (ie no major creasing)

Pic of what book looks like

lf.jpg

I have also posted this in the WANTED to BUY SECTION.

Thanks loads to Dwight, for the two left pulps.

My ever growing Red Circle pulp library! And the MARVEL TALES closes my MARVEL SCIENCE STORIES/MARVEL TALES/MARVEL STORIES run!!

weirdmenace_post.jpg 

Wow! Great books, Ryan! (worship)

And sweet WT, Dwight! :applause: