• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,154 posts in this topic

Just picked this up for my collection!

suicidebought.jpg

"Suicide Chapel" from June 1938 (bone white paper and blood red spine)

Dwight

One of my favoritest Brundage covers!!! :cloud9:

Just picked this up for my collection!

suicidebought.jpg

"Suicide Chapel" from June 1938 (bone white paper and blood red spine)

Dwight

wow, where does one find such treasures in that condition hm

The Brundage Family Shot:

BRUNDAGEFAMILY1.jpg

WTBATCOVERSHOWCASE.jpg

WTJAN34.jpg

WTJUL36.jpg

WTJUN37.jpg

WTNOV33.jpg

And for the Grand finale, the classic Shadow Creeping Death cover:

SHADOWJAN33.jpg

Wow :o Fantastic EC. First your killer EC collection and comic room, now this? (worship)

ThirdSkull2.jpg

After years of searching, I finally found the [font:Arial Black]"Strasser"[/font] copy of one of the all time great covers (optical illusion cover), [font:Arial Black]"The Third Skull"[/font] - [font:Arial Black]May 15, 1935[/font]

The high grade Shadow pulps in the Strasser collection started in approx., March 1/34 and end in Sept. 1/39. In attempting to re-assemble the "Strasser" Shadows, I have endlessly searched and have amassed 90% of all the copies from this collection, and [font:Arial Black]"The Third Skull"[/font] was one of the classic covers I never could find, until now!!! :acclaim:

Now to find the "Strasser" - "Voodoo Master" (March 1, 1936).

After years of searching, I finally found the [font:Arial Black]"Strasser"[/font] copy of one of the all time great covers (optical illusion cover), [font:Arial Black]"The Third Skull"[/font] - [font:Arial Black]May 15, 1935[/font]

Awesome cover - congratulations on the find! (thumbs u

Thanks Ryan,

I have nice Creeping Death, but it has a touch of paper loss at the bottom.

However, I am working on a SHARP! Creeping Death and it should be just a matter of time. But if anyone else has a killer Creeping Death, I will pay a record price for it..being I have almost everything else in killer shape from 1933 (Shadows of course).

Dwight

Edited by detective35DF

Hi all - hope I'm not derailing a conversation. I inherited a couple dozen of these from my dad. The cover art on these isn't quite as tame as on comics, is it? I assume this was targeted more towards adults...but still. Impressive.

They are all from the early 50's. Here's one:

65dc0d5b.jpg

Hi all - hope I'm not derailing a conversation. I inherited a couple dozen of these from my dad. The cover art on these isn't quite as tame as on comics, is it? I assume this was targeted more towards adults...but still. Impressive.

They are all from the early 50's. Here's one:

65dc0d5b.jpg

Very cool Dannyboy. I love the early 50's sci-fi issues, and this one is one I don't have.