• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,117 posts in this topic

holy smokes. I took a chance on this on ebay. The seller was someone I always had good transactions with in the past, so I went for it even though it was a terrible picture. I sent in a best offer, because it was way more than I should have been spending, but I just felt I should grab this one. We talked it over & I ended up with it.

If not for the tape stains (Tape is no longer there), this would probably be one of the nicest copies out there. The spine is insane, it is snow white, as is the back cover. I almost fell over when I pulled this out of the Shipping envelope!

For me this was my grail pulp, my favorite pulp cover ever, and the whole reason I started collecting pulps (Dwight's image of the original really affected me!) I didn't expect to have one anytime soon, especially not one that presents so well! Woo Hoo!

4048600270_a416fe50ef_o.jpg

holy smokes. I took a chance on this on ebay. The seller was someone I always had good transactions with in the past, so I went for it even though it was a terrible picture. I sent in a best offer, because it was way more than I should have been spending, but I just felt I should grab this one. We talked it over & I ended up with it.

If not for the tape stains (Tape is no longer there), this would probably be one of the nicest copies out there. The spine is insane, it is snow white, as is the back cover. I almost fell over when I pulled this out of the Shipping envelope!

For me this was my grail pulp, my favorite pulp cover ever, and the whole reason I started collecting pulps (Dwight's image of the original really affected me!) I didn't expect to have one anytime soon, especially not one that presents so well! Woo Hoo!

Well done Shiv ... I came really close to pulling the trigger on that one myself!! :applause:

Holy Moley! You've trumped me for good now Matt (worship)

Holy Moley! You've trumped me for good now Matt (worship)

that's impossible Bill! You are a legend!

Thanks guys! I really am on :cloud9:. As far as inspirational images go, it's hard for me to think of one that has affected me more so. For me it's always about the cover art being as unmarred as possible, so the old tape marks don't really bug me too much. The seller still has some amazing pulps I wish I could afford as well! (Mrmyst on the boards & ebay)

Picked up a small batch, one of the keepers is this June, 1950 issue.

Contains Wally Wood "Wilma West" story that was printed in Western Crime Busters #9. Also contains comic "Tex Gordon" story by Rex Mason(credited as R Morton).

leadingwestern650.jpg

leadingwestern650int.jpg

Well done Shiv ... I came really close to pulling the trigger on that one myself!! :applause:

Wow! Congrats! :applause:

Picked up a small batch, one of the keepers is this June, 1950 issue.

Contains Wally Wood "Wilma West" story that was printed in Western Crime Busters #9. Also contains comic "Tex Gordon" story by Rex Mason(credited as R Morton).

leadingwestern650.jpg

leadingwestern650int.jpg

Wow that's cool. I didn't know about that either.