• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Contest Results: ROUND 12

58 posts in this topic

9.6? That BRC wasn't fuzzy, it was down right round.

People should buy all their raw books off of me as I undergrade everything and sometimes like this round by as much as four grade points. doh!

Jim

Whatcha selling? :popcorn:

People should buy all their raw books off of me as I undergrade everything and sometimes like this round by as much as four grade points. doh!

Jim

:popcorn::popcorn:

Jim

bronze NM+ X-men??

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Round 1: Brave and the Bold #105 CGC 9.6

th_bb105054.jpg

Round 2: Amazing Spider-Man #124 CGC 9.0

th_amazingspider-man124053.jpg

Round 3: Captain Action #1 CGC 9.2

th_capaction1040.jpg

Round 4: Batman #232 CGC 8.0

th_batman232002.jpg

Round 5: 9th Wonders #1 CGC 9.8

th_hero032.jpg

Round 6: Spectre #4 CGC 9.2

th_spectre4032.jpg

Round 7: Fantastic Four #73 CGC 7.0

th_ff73012.jpg

Round 8: Daredevil #158 CGC 9.4

th_dd158001.jpg

Round 9: Detective #355 CGC 8.5

th_dc355039.jpg

Round 10: Sub-Mariner #45 CGC 9.6

th_subby45006.jpg

Round 11: Green Lantern #79 CGC 7.5

th_gl79045.jpg

Round 12: X-Men #97 CGC 9.6

th_xmen97189.jpg

Jim

Whatcha got??? I KNOW you would vouch for my willingness to buy form you :baiting:

:hi:

BTW - I guess that pube threw me for a bigger loop that I had thought!!! doh!

Jim

Like some cheese with that? :baiting:

Jim

you graded it a 10.2? :insane:

Jim

you graded it a 10.2? :insane:

Gave it a 9.8

Figured the safest grade was NM+.....being that I knew it wouldn't grade out less than NM. Assumed noone would go NM/MT....so I took a chance. I'm happy with 3-points

has anyone ranked how we have all been doing by the # of grades off? For instance, my point score is pretty average, but, Ive only been off by more than 1 grade 4x. In the real world, thats not SO bad, is it? (dont answer!)

I just added up a few random peoples scores: First place has been off a total of 6 grades (on only 4 books guessed wrong). 30th place has been off by 14 total grades. Me, in 68th has a score of 16. So it seems to me that, if calculated, we'd all be just about in the same ranking we are now, BUT with lower scores all around than out "points" are now. So, big deal.

But - - -my question remains, can we take away some "positive feeling" about our ability to grade (from scans) by calculating results differently?

has anyone ranked how we have all been doing by the # of grades off? For instance, my point score is pretty average, but, Ive only been off by more than 1 grade 4x. In the real world, thats not SO bad, is it? (dont answer!)

I just added up a few random peoples scores: First place has been off a total of 6 grades (on only 4 books guessed wrong). 30th place has been off by 14 total grades. Me, in 68th has a score of 16. So it seems to me that, if calculated, we'd all be just about in the same ranking we are now, BUT with lower scores all around than out "points" are now. So, big deal.

But - - -my question remains, can we take away some "positive feeling" about our ability to grade (from scans) by calculating results differently?

Here you go...

Actually, you're currently 71st but with the # of Grades off total, you're actually 79th. :(

You're 42nd in terms of having Rounds that are +/- 1 grade off though.

Thx. I'm just wondering if people are actually embarrassed about their scores if they're low. I'd consider it just a fun exercise. Some people probably spend a lot of time pouring over the scans provided. Others probably just look at the scan for a few seconds and send in a guess. (shrug)

It all depends on your level of involvement.

Remember, there are almost 20 people who have dropped out already.

If you're still in the contest and maybe still not doing so well currently, I'd still give anyone props for hanging in there and not giving up. (thumbs u

Most people are not mathematically eliminated and it's still anyone's game!

Nice job crunching the #'s sckao!!

I'm 19th in the contest.

In your alternate ratings, 21st, 22nd, and 22nd

Very different in my case. I'm 8th in the contest right now.

But, in the alternate ratings: 21st, 2nd, 9th hm

(21+2+9)/3=10.6

pretty close in my book (shrug)