• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who would win in battle Joe Collector vs MMMarvel aka Hulk 181

Who would win in the battle between Joe Collector and MMMarvel?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win in the battle between Joe Collector and MMMarvel?

19 posts in this topic

My intention of the Battle is more on the speculation about Hulk 181 price. About 6 years from now (2009), during the 10th year anniversary of CGC, we maybe close to the actual number of high grade 181s. Will the value decrease based from the contention of Joe Collector that there are too many high grade 181s or the value increase because the assumption that too many high grade 181 is untrue?

Hulk 181 is not an ordinary comic. No matter how many are out there, everyone wants one - eventually. The price is going up. Let's just call it a "mutant" comic. Don't think anything will ever touch it in terms of long term value.

But that's just me. grin.gif

($20,000.00 comic in 19 1/2 years.)

news.gifNot everyone.

I traded my copy of Incredible Hulk 181 for a copy of What If...? 1 when I was 10 years old in 1979 (and they were worth about the same). 893frustrated.gif

I still like What if...? #1 more as it's a better story IMO. I haven't tried to get another Hulk 181 since then (although I do have a copy of an oversized european reprint). devil.gif

As far as first appearances go, it's not a great one. The only reason I would consider getting one now is to complete my run of Incredible Hulk, which is not something I'm actively doing at the moment.

Kev

news.gifNot everyone.

I traded my copy of Incredible Hulk 181 for a copy of What If...? 1 when I was 10 years old in 1979 (and they were worth about the same). 893frustrated.gif

I still like What if...? #1 more as it's a better story IMO. I haven't tried to get another Hulk 181 since then (although I do have a copy of an oversized european reprint). devil.gif

As far as first appearances go, it's not a great one. The only reason I would consider getting one now is to complete my run of Incredible Hulk, which is not something I'm actively doing at the moment.

Kev

Ok, everyone wants one except for kevthemev. grin.gif

This has become a slugfest folks! makepoint.gif

MM jumped out to the early lead ( hi.gif), but Joe came storming back...then MM...then Joe blows 'im away with a 2-vote lead, but now MM has turned this thing around and is currently ahead! 893whatthe.gif

How's it going to end? Or will it? The suspense is killing me!! shocked.gif

Ok, everyone wants one except for kevthemev.

I read it a bit ago - forget if it was on here or a link from here to the net. You can add POV to the list who don;t want. Actually, I DO at a cheap price whwere I can trade it towards my want list! grin.gif

I read it a bit ago - forget if it was on here or a link from here to the net. You can add POV to the list who don;t want. Actually, I DO at a cheap price whwere I can trade it towards my want list! grin.gif

Ditto! Never was a priority for me back in the day. I was content with my copy that was only a VF! ooo.gif

Ditto! Never was a priority for me back in the day. I was content with my copy that was only a VF! ooo.gif

I hate Wolverine. Add me to the list.

I hate Wolverine. Add me to the list.

And me. I don't hate Wolverine(don't really like him either), but I REALLY hate that book. I get the feeling that fanboys actually sleep with their copies once aquiring them.

And me. I don't hate Wolverine(don't really like him either), but I REALLY hate that book. I get the feeling that fanboys actually sleep with their copies once aquiring them.

I like the cover layout and intent, but the Trimpe art (inside and out) gives me a headache. 893frustrated.gif