• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #547

10 posts in this topic

I don't know about the rest of you guys but the last page literally made me laugh out loud (for all the right reasons). Anyone else laugh?

The story's got a bit too much going on at times, but Dan Slott is writing a damn good Spidey right now.

I enjoyed the 1st issue BND.

Clearly, Jackpot is not Mary Jane. As with the rest of the book, it's got the feel of a throw-back to older Spider-man stories. People who read this issue know what I'm referring to. Quite frankly, the Jackpot story is a bit of a one-hit wonder. Once revealed, I can't see how the character will be interesting anymore.

Mister Negative appears to be an interesting villian. I just hope we don't get someone a bit different than The Hood, Kingpin, and Mr. Fear.

Pat

Why don't you think Jackpot is MJ? I haven't seen any evidence that suggests otherwise. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

Very cool how Slott's incorporating early Spidey story ideas into his run. I like it!

I think you're gonna enjoy this week's issue. I'm personally loving this 3x a month schedule. I'm finally getting my Spidey fix after all these months of delays (not to mention awful stories).

It's Osborn's girlfriend's roommate (Clarice or whatever it is).

It's the old school thing of making someone close to Parker as the villian/hero.

I mean, she gets up like Parker would in the middle of dinner for some issue. Magically ends up in the alleyway with Parker.

Pat

Lets face it "One More Day" was a big big piece of *spoon*!

However.............I do believe JQs hit it on the head where he said Peter Parker can not be married to have the character grow and be fresh all the time. Since they got married the stories have been revolving way to much around MJ and to be honest if I wanted to have stories about boy/girl dating issues I can call my loser ex girlfriends.

To me besides the 9-11 issue the Romita and JMs run was ok, but nothing special.

Yes the whole Gwen Stacy clone was out there, and so was Spidy revealing himself as Peter Parker in Civil War.

I bought the the first two issues of "Brand New Day" and to be honest I really thought it was some of the best drawn and written issues I have seen from ASM in years.

I know people are annoyed because Marvel has just fixed the issues of bringing Harry Osborn back and saying that people remember Spidy unmasking but not remembering that is was PP.

I miss the old villians like Scorpion, Doc Ock, and a bad *spoon* green goblin, so if this is what it takes for the old school foundations of this character to come back, well then so be it. rantrant

Give it a chance! and if not then by all mines go to DC where the most confusing stories ever written are published weekly! (ie Infinity)

I love reading where there are like 5 different superman's, green lantern's, and flashes on 100 different worlds fighting each other, what *spoon*!!! Oh yea DC continuity is very profound indeed. doh\!