• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nick Cage GL #1 and AA #16 sold on C-LINK

81 posts in this topic

The Frisco/Reilly copy I believe - had a coupon clipped out of the back cover.

AA16 :cloud9:

(thumbs u

The San Francisco collection did not contain an All-American #16.

:gossip: Maybe there is one, but its owned by the same guy that has all the Reilly Nedors.

(thumbs u

:gossip: Maybe there is one, but its owned by the same guy that has all the Reilly Nedors.

The book that came from Mike Manyak is not the San Francisco copy. Mike told me that he had acquired the book from a customer of his. He told me flat out that it did not come from the San Francisco collection.

S

(thumbs u

The book that came from Mike Manyak is not the San Francisco copy. Mike told me that he had acquired the book from a customer of his. He told me flat out that it did not come from the San Francisco collection.

S

I don't know Mike Manyak, but are you saying he has the Reilly Nedors? :o

I'd given them up as myth.

(thumbs u

S

I have no idea who has Reilly Nedors. Manyak was one of the the dealers who uncovered the SF books.

S

(thumbs u

S

I have no idea who has Reilly Nedors. Manyak was one of the the dealers who uncovered the SF books.

S

Thanks, Steve. I'm pretty sure the Reilly Nedors are indeed a myth. Makes me wonder if distribution of Nedors wasn't as good as DCs and Timelys. Seems odd that not a single Nedor found its way into that collection.

there is a cgc 6.0 AA 16 now too...that book would have an asking price of $75K + right now, I am told, so everything is "relative"...

from today's Scoop!.....

man, look at how bright those cover inks are! :cloud9:

Holy cow, that's a beauty!!! :o(worship):cloud9:.. Must be the highest graded unrestored CGC copy up to date as it is not on the census yet. Would you happen to have the article to that Showcase?

there is a cgc 6.0 AA 16 now too...that book would have an asking price of $75K + right now, I am told, so everything is "relative"...

from today's Scoop!.....

And let's not overlook Steve Borock's comments, which I thought were right on target. (thumbs u

Like ravenous sharks circling their intended prey, the Big Name Greed Merchants did try to sink their teeth into Matt when he first entered the hobby... but he already had their number and he rebuked them.

I'm very happy for Matt - what a beautiful book! :cloud9:

from today's Scoop!.....

And let's not overlook Steve Borock's comments, which I thought were right on target. (thumbs u

Like ravenous sharks circling their intended prey, the Big Name Greed Merchants did try to sink their teeth into Matt when he first entered the hobby... but he already had their number and he rebuked them.

I'm very happy for Matt - what a beautiful book! :cloud9:

I am going to have to give matt a call :)

from today's Scoop!.....

Holy cow, that's a beauty!!! :o(worship):cloud9:.. Must be the highest graded unrestored CGC copy up to date as it is not on the census yet. Would you happen to have the article to that Showcase?

por vous

Well I'm finally back from the frontline. It was tough getting into a groove after a weeks vacation so I'm I'm still a bit cautious on equities

I did sell some gold bullion this week but swapped the proceeds into gold mining stocks.

I'm a bit light on equities (the lowest in a year or so) but I did add a couple holdings late in the week but I'm still a bit cautious. I'm hoping for a break of 1300 on the S&P's in order to create a short term flushout. A pickup in the vol index would help support the idea of a trading turn. We are beginning to see some of the oversold groups (retailers/ reits) attemptng to base out. The markets are closed on Monday so I'm hoping a bit of selling overseas on monday and or Tuesday. Perhaps, a book of pent up sell orders from overseas is what's needed to create enough fear so the contrarian in me could get involved on the longside.

AS we get closer to the EOM Fed meeting the market will be supported by the shorts who will neutralize their positions

in front of the expected Fed cut.

In the meantime treasuries continue to be my biggest holdings. Looking at the charts, this trade looks to have run it's course but I'm still there.

Oops -wrong thread

I have only 1 client (the comic shipper/ packer)

This is not a recommendation to buy or sell. Please consult your comic advisor.

I'm not in a great mood so:

(thumbs u

Prove it. :mad:

(thumbs u

Gosh Steve, whoever could you be referring to? :whistle:

Gosh Steve, whoever could you be referring to? :whistle:

:signfunny: