• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where have you found your GA treasures

45 posts in this topic

I've always wondered where some of the best and treasured collections have come from. Have you ever gone to an estate sale and made a killing (no pun intended)? Or do you only buy from dealers, stores and conventions?

I've always enjoyed buying a comic in person--via at a show or at a local comic shop. But, due to the internet, most books are traded and sold via eBay, auction houses, and from dealers---all through the mail---which it's always fun getting packages on your door step :cool:

I have managed to get a few from BZ's basement (G-check the back window lock by the 4ft pulp rack! you might want to look into getting it fixed), Bedrocks private stock while he was outside smoking....some from Parkers dining room table (again, had to bribe his way to cute daughter to distract him)...

I was at an estate sale in NY last year....Crippin or something like that...but nothing of interest so I left empty handed...they mentioned something about funny books for a dime a piece, but I couldn't be bothered with potential drek

I have managed to get a few from BZ's basement (G-check the back window lock by the 4ft pulp rack! you might want to look into getting it fixed), Bedrocks private stock while he was outside smoking....some from Parkers dining room table (again, had to bribe his way to cute daughter to distract him)...

I was at an estate sale in NY last year....Crippin or something like that...but nothing of interest so I left empty handed...they mentioned something about funny books for a dime a piece, but I couldn't be bothered with potential drek

Couldn't be bothered to fly to Colorado a few decades back, either?

These days I buy from Metro, Gator, Bedrock. Matt, Billy, boardies, Moondog etc

But, back in the day when I had a couple of comic shops, man those were the days.

I couldn't possibly list all the oddball places we found batches of golden age, but they included estate sales, a retirement home, private residences, flea markets, great collections were brought into the store all the time.

Those were the good old days.

Ebay, friends, Ebay, friends...twice at flea markets but not much...Ebay...friends I met on Ebay...things just kind of appear sometimes...when you least expect them:)Conventions, friends I met at conventions who I knew from Ebay...someone who worked for me, once traded two books to me...networking, sometimes works:)

I want the key to Bangzoom's basement though;)

Photos, Bill? :wishluck:

I've posted some before. In fact they are probably buried somewhere in this thead. Any preference?

i doubt people would get tired of seeing your pix of fantastic GA collections. any ol' shots of stacks of classic GA books (Timely's, DCs, Fox, etc) will do!!

I've posted some before. In fact they are probably buried somewhere in this thead. Any preference?

i doubt people would get tired of seeing your pix of fantastic GA collections. any ol' shots of stacks of classic GA books (Timely's, DCs, Fox, etc) will do!!

the MF collection was just a bunch of drek...yuck!

Couldn't be bothered to fly to Colorado a few decades back, either?

funny thing happened...I got a call in Nov of 1976 from a Wilma Church...she mentioned something about comic books, but my van was in the shop, and they weren't willing to bring them to me, so yes, I passed ...and thank goodness I did...what would I have done with 18,000 Golden Age comics books...I only collect modern gems

funny thing happened...I got a call in Nov of 1976 from a Wilma Church...she mentioned something about comic books, but my van was in the shop, and they weren't willing to bring them to me, so yes, I passed ...and thank goodness I did...what would I have done with 18,000 Golden Age comics books...I only collect modern gems

:signfunny:

Hope these will do

mm0176.jpg

mm0177.jpg

Scan0003.jpg

Scan0002.jpg

Scan0031.jpg

Scan0032.jpg