• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

Thanks. The way the art was drawn on the paper led to the odd framing. I wanted to frame it at 11x14 and the way Jeff had drawn it on the sheet there was more blank space below the image then above it. I like how you describe it as "looking through a window". That is definitely what it feels like. :)

finally took the wrapping off some of my framed art, still dont have anywhere to hang it yet, maybe in a year or so

Love the Moon Knight

Quick question. I am thinking of getting a nice graphite on paper sketch. I have heard that I should put it under glass for preservation reasons...can someone give me a reason? Also, any other things I need to consider for displaying this kind of art? i really like the piece but don't want to get it if it's going to fade or break down in 20 years. Thanks.

To my knowledge:

Preservation glass = Museum glass = transparent material designed to absorb UV radiation

Also, graphite (pencil) smears. Make sure to mat the drawing so that the glass/plastic does not touch it. Some folks use fixative to eliminate that issue, but a mat is nicer.

I think the only difference between preservation glass and museum glass is the anti glare coating. Museum glass has it so pictures can be taken easier, but they are both archival and block out UV light to the same extent

Malvin

Edited by malvin

Just got this back framed today. Haven't hung it up and it's got my grubby finger prints all over it for now, but it's the original painting for THE ROAD WARRIOR poster. So excited to have found it.

7158019081_980ea5230c_b.jpg

Come on don't bull mess me.