• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

I just reframed the Sheer Magic Olivia which originally had glass and a rounded silver frame. I prefer museum glass and most of my other framed pinups in the living room are black frames.

sheer_magic_framed.jpg

I also framed the Tales of the Zombie #6 DPS by Pablo Marcos. One of my favorite images from the series

TOTZ_6_DPS.jpg

Nice decision to frame the Zombie splash, that is really incredible. (thumbs u

Just got my latest Captain America commission, framed and on the wall.

This one was done by Paul Green, Illustrator & comic book artist best known for his work on 'OVERRUN', 'Flash Gordon' & 'Starship Troopers'

PGCapWall_zpsd2e5e647.jpg

Terry, the 2000 AD art for me is the essence of buying what I love.

I have no idea what the market is for this, I suspect I would sell it as a loss, but I have no idea. All I am pretty sure is I don't want to sell it and I am beyond thrilled to have these.

The Apocalypse War for me was such a huge deal; I still read the books with my son; it was a wonderful story. Almost seems wrong that you could enjoy these stories and artists for 24 pence!

I have no idea what the market is for this, I suspect I would sell it as a loss, but I have no idea. All I am pretty sure is I don't want to sell it and I am beyond thrilled to have these.

The Apocalypse War for me was such a huge deal; I still read the books with my son; it was a wonderful story. Almost seems wrong that you could enjoy these stories and artists for 24 pence!

+1 over here

I can't hope to find anything like that in my range but then there's always CAF.

24p . . . it's only Earth money, Joe! :grin:

It's good that you can enjoy a wide range of different books. (thumbs u

You can call this art behind glass, digital images of art behind the glass. Its a digital picture frame 10.5"x18" (image size) 1080p (1920x1080). Just got it so still working out how I want to display the art, its about the width of the art image on a standard comic art page (10x15) but a bit longer. I am thinking about creating text to display below the images. The display can also rotate 90 degrees to show DPS and landscape orientated art.

I have been very picky on what I frame, collecting since the late 80s so I have alot of art. Can display some art without it being permanent and taking up alot of wall space. Will see how this experient goes

eyeofthetiger.jpg

DIGITAL_PICTURE.jpg

Edited by Brian Peck

Started getting my art framed. I picked these up today. Museum glass, archival framing done by Shadow Images who is a board member here who happens to be an artist and professional framer. He is a great guy and very talented. These pictures don't do them justice. I can't wait to get more framed.

framed002_zpsf8c402c3.jpg

framed004_zps50e06d95.jpg

Just got this back from the frame shop. On the left is a Steve Dillon Preacher interior, and on the right a Glenn Fabry (Preacher cover artist) painted pinup of Jesse Custer. I think it came out pretty nicely and the two look good paired together. This is also my first time uploading a picture to the boards using Photobucket, so I hope I don't mess it up!

preacherframed_zps08bf0ed8.jpg

Edited by sierackij

You can call this art behind glass, digital images of art behind the glass. Its a digital picture frame 10.5"x18" (image size) 1080p (1920x1080). Just got it so still working out how I want to display the art, its about the width of the art image on a standard comic art page (10x15) but a bit longer. I am thinking about creating text to display below the images. The display can also rotate 90 degrees to show DPS and landscape orientated art.

I have been very picky on what I frame, collecting since the late 80s so I have alot of art. Can display some art without it being permanent and taking up alot of wall space. Will see how this experient goes

great idea. I have a large digital frame showing family pics. Now I want another to show comic art, covers, etc. great possibilities.

Pardon the camera pic. Got this in a cheap frame. The artwork itself is 11x15. To be honest, I've never heard of Chris Conidis, but this piece looked really nice and I got it relatively cheap.

148345.jpg.174eaf592de73d0f531146b4c71e76b1.jpg