• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

I finally got around to framing up my Red's Planet art from Eddie Pittman. They are all charity pieces that I have purchased over the years. The 2 black and white sketches are from back in February 2010 when Eddie offered to do sketches for Help The Hodges. At that time Eddie had just really started working on Red's Planet so I didn't know much about it but couldn't resist picking up some awesome art. I picked up the watercolor from the Heritage auction that was held for Team Cul de Sac back in June 2012. Eddie doesn't make many pieces available and I haven't seen any originals offered since I purchased the watercolor. Eddie said he now works mostly in digital so I feel privileged to be able to have these awesome pieces in my collection. :)

ipih.jpg

My newly framed art is now on the wall :)

DSCN2867_zpsc79f272e.jpg

DSCN2874_zps97e810f7.jpg

DSCN2880_zps3f7dbc98.jpg

DSCN2881_zpse0dfc5c3.jpg

Great stuff Steve! Love the Jetta and of course the Archie Punisher !

Edited by Doc Joe

Bit undecided about the frame jobs on my two Volkan Baga oil paintings (high-gloss white). My idea was to have the frames really stand out and draw attention to the images.

As I'm (still) in the process of re-decorating my house, I intend to have the wall colours a lot lighter, which might have a less jarring effect.

Thoughts?

baga1.jpg

baga2.jpg

baga3.jpg

I wasn't around for the original discussion on comicart-l, but I follow the Jeff Jones framing philosophy as I understand it: white mats and black frames only as to focus the eye on the art and ONLY on the art, slightly larger mat on bottom to pull the eye down and force it to take in the whole image.

I am now up to 12 framed pieces. Here they are.

P1010604_zps918653f8.jpg

These are the first smaller pieces I have had framed.

P1010603_zpsa1a3c696.jpg

I had the one on the left already framed but the one on the right is newly acquired and framed in the last 6 months or so.

P1010599_zps20df32f4.jpg

The first painted Starman cover I have had framed. #53. #3 will follow next, but that may be a while.

P1010606_zps1cdf3874.jpg

Walter Simonson Alan Moore as Rorschach. Done for a tribute book.

P1010607_zps0edfa2bc.jpg

Darwyn Cooke Wonder Woman DC New Frontier prelim. I got this at the first Wonder Woman Day and it was since published in the DC New Frontier Absolute Edition.

And lastly, not new but still formidable, the wall of Doc aka The Frames of the Faltine!

p1010601_zpscab9e915.jpg

Edited by Bird

I think they look fine Terry. The white frames do pull the eye to the paintings, at least in your pictures.

Thanks, Sean. Probably a bit of a radical departure from what I normally go for, but one of my dogs seems to like them (bottom right hand corner of my first photo)! :grin:

A few quick shots of some art I just finished up.

2qjdkk2.jpg

5n7odi.jpg

1puvfd.jpg

dz6n3q.jpg

These are beautiful. I love how the frames compliment the art. I really like the stormshadow. You should let everyone know that you did the framing yourself and that you are a talented artist and custom framer.

Just took these pics and shared them on another thread but maybe this one was more appropiate

eeffe8.jpg

1a87b3.jpg

thanks,

Matthew

Gorgeous stuff and terrific setup!