• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

Love looking at framed art. Great stuff in here. Some of mine below.

All are archivally framed (museum standards) with museum glass.

Love my framer. Knows what he's doing and is meticulous about conservation and handling. Since I'm in Canada, I often have the artist/rep/seller ship directly to him (Colorado.)

TMNT_Framed_1.jpg

TMNT_Framed_2.jpg

0hjXy8qR_3012141952401.jpg

7yBRx7OL_3012141952061.jpg

EzGdAAy9_3012141951081.jpg

I6YK2bSK_3012141937331.jpg

V1x5Npt0_3012141937491.jpg

99OgaB6H_3012141938211.jpg

SamneeVertical_0000_Layer+Comp+1.jpg

SamneeHorizontal_0002_Layer+Comp+3.jpg

SamneeVertical_0001_Layer+Comp+2.jpg

SamneeHorizontal_0003_Layer+Comp+4.jpg

SamneeVertical_0002_Layer+Comp+3.jpg

SamneeHorizontal_0000_Layer+Comp+1.jpg

I have three more pieces at the framer's currently. Here's a mockup preview of two (this is how we test different mats, frames, fillets, etc. to see what works best.) The first is Dell'Otto's variant cover to TMNT/Batman #1, and the second is Adi Granov's variant cover to Guardians of the Galaxy #1. I will post the completed frames here once I receive them in a week or two.

IMG_3714.jpeg

IMG_3686%281%29.jpeg

Edited by Mr. Machismo

Thanks, Silver Surfer and Don.

Yes, he's in Colorado and then ships to Canada. He packs very well, so I find it a lot safer to do that rather than have OGs shipped from US to Canada, as customs could open it...and at that point, it's probably going to be destroyed :P

Love looking at framed art. Great stuff in here. Some of mine below.

All are archivally framed (museum standards) with museum glass.

Love my framer. Knows what he's doing and is meticulous about conservation and handling. Since I'm in Canada, I often have the artist/rep/seller ship directly to him (Colorado.)

TMNT_Framed_1.jpg

TMNT_Framed_2.jpg

0hjXy8qR_3012141952401.jpg

7yBRx7OL_3012141952061.jpg

EzGdAAy9_3012141951081.jpg

I6YK2bSK_3012141937331.jpg

V1x5Npt0_3012141937491.jpg

99OgaB6H_3012141938211.jpg

SamneeVertical_0000_Layer+Comp+1.jpg

SamneeHorizontal_0002_Layer+Comp+3.jpg

SamneeVertical_0001_Layer+Comp+2.jpg

SamneeHorizontal_0003_Layer+Comp+4.jpg

SamneeVertical_0002_Layer+Comp+3.jpg

SamneeHorizontal_0000_Layer+Comp+1.jpg

I have three more pieces at the framer's currently. Here's a mockup preview of two (this is how we test different mats, frames, fillets, etc. to see what works best.) The first is Dell'Otto's variant cover to TMNT/Batman #1, and the second is Adi Granov's variant cover to Guardians of the Galaxy #1. I will post the completed frames here once I receive them in a week or two.

IMG_3714.jpeg

IMG_3686%281%29.jpeg

Simply amazing !!! :applause: (both the pieces and the framing)

Does your framer have a website? Those are amazing.

About how much does it cost for one of these to get framed?

How about the Turtles for example?

I have a few pieces I'd love to have this guy do the framework on.

ExpressoBeans: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?t=70319&f=31

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Furthur-Frames-89382328470/?fref=ts

Facebook is the most useful of the bunch. You can sift through the albums to quickly see work examples.

His process for anyone not in-store is:

- You ship him the artwork. Let him know any preferences you have, if any. Wait a couple or a few weeks.

- He e-mails you with designs (Dell'Otto and Granov examples seen above.) Usually 2-3. I've had him do up to 8 on a couple, in terms of rounds of revisions, if I'm looking for something really specific.

- You give him your feedback or choose an option.

- He sends it to production. You wait a few weeks. Done.

If you e-mail him, tell him Kyle sent you :) You're looking for Corey Hartman, the owner, who will be working with you on designs.

The TMNT was $675 USD + shipping. All museum/conservation materials and museum glass. The artwork is 16x20" on thick canvas (~couple inches thick.) Now, TMNT was more expensive than usual because I had him do some technical trickery. The right of the image has an inch or two of 'empty' space (it's painted, just not much going on there) that I felt put the image slightly off-balance. So, I told him I wanted to hide this area. He had to create a special box to do this, which increased the price.

For an 11x17" piece, you're looking at ~$250 - $350 USD. I typically go overboard, in that I have hand-wrapped mats (linen, satin, etc...notice the texture, not something you typically see but absolutely beautiful), fillets (the small, thin, inner 'frames' you see right outside the artwork), multiple mats, sometimes layering of mats to create depth like in the first two Batman pieces and Samnee pieces, and conservation materials + museum glass (best protecting glass and looks like it's not even there.)

So, for that price you're getting the best of the best by the absolute best, with the best service. I've had 10+ pieces framed by him. The one time I had a piece framed in Canada, it took a year and they destroyed the artwork! I can't imagine going to anyone else BUT Furthur Frames now.

The Captain America and Iron Man were framed recently by my local framer. I kept the art in the mylar. All archival materials with museum glass. Cost was $125 each which I thought was very reasonable. There is a spacer between the mat and the art to give the piece some nice depth.

2h6cd9h.jpg

2nv6t5s.jpg

Got this back from the framer recently. Archival materials and museum glass. Not the best photo as I was using my phone in not very good lighting conditions, but I'm very happy with the result.

anw-grant1_zpsaaawspe4.jpg

anw-grant-really_zps8xy3lhfs.jpg

Edited by HCE

Got this back from the framer recently. Archival materials and museum glass. Not the best photo as I was using my phone in not very good lighting conditions, but I'm very happy with the result.

anw-grant3_zpscnn3lfm5.jpg

WTF, a cameltoe shot! :blush: