• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

You're putting together an amazing collection of art, Bill

+1, those are two really nice pieces Bill.

Thanks guys, I've had some of these a little while now, but just got around to framing and photographing them

Just got the framed art back today, Museum Glass as usual, guess you could say it's back in black :grin: I'm a great fan of the Ra's al Ghul stories, including the more recent stories by Grant Morrison, art by Tony Daniel:

photo 130820155457_zpsoqyq1wy4.jpg

Somehow I missed this post but can comment now. What a incredible cover. I really love Tony's work on Batman. I think in 20 years he will be considered one of the top Batman artist (although he is already there now !). Big congrats on getting that one and the framing makes it really POP!

Why would any wife object to a sabertooth biting a dragon hanging on the living room wall? Go for it. :)

Yes that's exactly the equation I'm working on, thanks for the support lol Something like:

Wife slightly accepting "sabertooth biting a dino-dragon while a half-naked long haired blonde Swede clings on to some truly weird-looking guy" painting = ??? (number of flowers? Gallons of perfume? Jewelry? :censored: )

Once she looked at some of my inked pieces and said "why didn't you get them in color?" :facepalm: So color must be a good thing, right? hm

I'm doing the same thing I did with the 33" Galactus Maquette statue :idea: - I'll just put it up in my man cave and pretend it's always been there :whistle:

I'm convinced that the painting must be less than a JND (thumbs u

"In the branch of experimental psychology focused on sensation and perception, psychophysics, a just-noticeable difference or JND is the amount something must be changed in order for a difference to be noticeable, detectable at least half the time. It is also known as the difference limen, differential threshold, or least perceptible difference."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-noticeable_difference

Strange, but suddenly I got this quote from Star Wars running in my mind :screwy:

C-3PO: Sir, the possibility of the painting being less than a JND to your wife is approximately 3,720 to 1.

Han Solo: Never tell me the odds.

My JND is huge! Over our bed we had two pastels of us for a number of years. One done just after I proposed and one done on our honeymoon both from artists in Jackson Square in New Orleans. I like them.

We moved the bed from one wall to another. The pictures stayed where they were and a desk took the bed's spot.

Time passes...

I'm getting dressed. I noticed that the pictures aren't on the wall; I'm sad because I like them, but if she wants them down, I'm okay with that, too.

I go to the kitchen. Kathy and the girls are there. I say, "You remember those drawing from New Orleans." She says, "Yes." I say, "What happened to them?" She says, "What? They are one the wall." I say, "No, I just looked." Everyone stares at me like I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. She says," They are on the wall over the bed." I say, "Really? How long?" She says, "Six months or so."

I suffer from high-JND. That's my reason from now on!

Oh, and on the equation point, I've found that in my case an equal amount on my wife's collection works well. Her collection is anything that sparkles especially jewelry. She likes to point out that hers takes a lot less space!

My JND is huge! Over our bed we had two pastels of us for a number of years. One done just after I proposed and one done on our honeymoon both from artists in Jackson Square in New Orleans. I like them.

We moved the bed from one wall to another. The pictures stayed where they were and a desk took the bed's spot.

Time passes...

I'm getting dressed. I noticed that the pictures aren't on the wall; I'm sad because I like them, but if she wants them down, I'm okay with that, too.

I go to the kitchen. Kathy and the girls are there. I say, "You remember those drawing from New Orleans." She says, "Yes." I say, "What happened to them?" She says, "What? They are one the wall." I say, "No, I just looked." Everyone stares at me like I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. She says," They are on the wall over the bed." I say, "Really? How long?" She says, "Six months or so."

I suffer from high-JND. That's my reason from now on!

Oh, and on the equation point, I've found that in my case an equal amount on my wife's collection works well. Her collection is anything that sparkles especially jewelry. She likes to point out that hers takes a lot less space!

That's a great story, thank you for sharing it!

Well, had a glass of red wine this evening and I thought better show the piece now than when she's completely sober :whistle: - and although she did not say it directly, I think she (kind of) liked it :whee: We have been watching Comic Book Men together, so she knows a bit about everything ;)

I have to re-position my paintings, but you can see I wanted to keep the same frame scheme.

I am missing 3 of the 6 magazine paintings maybe one day they will re-appear and be for sale.

20150927_1438171_zpsm5izq9uy.jpg

Awesome paintings and framing (double passepartouts with colors matching the paintings?), congrats!

love this thread -- great place to pick up tips on how to frame art.

We recently moved back to Miami after 14 wonderful years in NYC, so I have lots more wall space to work with. I just put up four framed pieces up. I still don't know how to post pix in a message here, but here are the links to the pix on my CAF showing the framed art:

Dazzler #1

Dazzler #3

Prime TpB Painting

Silver Age Batman Splash

I have a few more pieces to get framed at some point....