• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

love this thread -- great place to pick up tips on how to frame art.

We recently moved back to Miami after 14 wonderful years in NYC, so I have lots more wall space to work with. I just put up four framed pieces up. I still don't know how to post pix in a message here, but here are the links to the pix on my CAF showing the framed art:

Dazzler #1

Dazzler #3

Prime TpB Painting

Silver Age Batman Splash

I have a few more pieces to get framed at some point....

Love the painted Dazzler :applause:

love this thread -- great place to pick up tips on how to frame art.

We recently moved back to Miami after 14 wonderful years in NYC, so I have lots more wall space to work with. I just put up four framed pieces up. I still don't know how to post pix in a message here, but here are the links to the pix on my CAF showing the framed art:

Dazzler #1

Dazzler #3

Prime TpB Painting

Silver Age Batman Splash

I have a few more pieces to get framed at some point....

Love the painted Dazzler :applause:

Yes, amazing art :applause: - and you can just "enter an image" and paste the url to the jpg, like this:

oFmh7Oiv_2510151555521.jpg

x6GxR7L2_2510151553131.jpg

2aIB2riS_2510151601121.jpg

Lfx0pAXJ_2510151550161.jpg

After 6 weeks in the framing shop (they had to back order Museum Glass and the golden frame :taptaptap::censored: ), it has finally arrived :whee:

photo 2_zps0cx53xq1.jpg

Now, how do I hide it best from the wife? :ohnoez:

Looks great!! I think it clashes with the carpet and I don'r think you wife will let you hang it up so you might as well get rid of it. hm

After 6 weeks in the framing shop (they had to back order Museum Glass and the golden frame :taptaptap::censored: ), it has finally arrived :whee:

photo 2_zps0cx53xq1.jpg

Now, how do I hide it best from the wife? :ohnoez:

Looks great!! I think it clashes with the carpet and I don'r think you wife will let you hang it up so you might as well get rid of it. hm

Thanks lol - Get rid of it? Over-my-dead-body :sumo:;) (and I once believed that money can't buy happiness :screwy: )

It's in the man cave and I did show it to her, she did not say much - but that's not a bad sign by any measure, guess it's a keeper :cloud9:

Maybe there's a new saying to support the marriage hm

"What happens in the man cave stays in the man cave" :preach:

I recently had my two Carol Day "Problem Child" strips by David Wright framed. Absolutely beautiful series. Read the description to learn how you can get the collections for cheap.

LtbZxXG1_1512152351591.jpg

You can see the room here.

Edited by alxjhnsn

Nice room Alex.

I am up to 33 framed pieces of art, 31 of which are in the downstairs area. I am going away for 2 weeks on 12/26/15 with no one in the house, although all the usual suspects will be helping to watch the place. This week, in addition to planning & packing and then Christmas as well...I am in the process of moving my art out of the house to the safe location. Two years ago on my last extended vacation I only had a dozen or so framed pieces so it was not as labor intensive but covertly removing and relocating 33 frames is going to be a well-planned and swiftly executed chain of people, house to truck. But I am not looking forward to it and actually caring for the art can be a pain sometimes.

I recently had my two Carol Day "Problem Child" strips by David Wright framed. Absolutely beautiful series. Read the description to learn how you can get the collections for cheap.

LtbZxXG1_1512152351591.jpg

You can see the room here.

Fabulous Carol Day story, Alex. :applause:

Thanks, Terry. All of the Carol Day work is beautiful, but Problem Child is special. The thing that really amazes me is that there is so much work in a daily strip. How could he keep up the pace for 2800+ days? and it was done knowing that it was probably going to be destroyed after use (though in this case it was kept). Amazing.