• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest Heritage addittions!!! What are these going to go for?

39 posts in this topic

I don't want to cause a riot here, but can someone explain to me how that Action 7 can be worth eighty thousand smakers? Other than the fact that a few people with a lot of money go after it. I mean, I love comics as much as the next person, but is there something significant about that particular issue or copy? If it was an Action 3 in the same grade what would it go for?

You could ask the same about any book. But when compared to what people pay for other books it is easily worth that. At least, I believe I could explain to any lay person why the best known copy of the second superman cover is worth money. I am at a total loss, on the other hand, to explain to any lay person why people pay six figures for the the best known copy of unknown books, or five figures for totally non-unique high-grade copies of well-known but common books. And I think my head would explode if I tried to explain why some 9.8 copy of some book just off the presses would be worth a penny over the cover price, let alone the hundreds that some people are suckered into paying.

Nice books. Especially that Action 7. :cloud9: Is it just me or does that Marvel 1 look familiar to anyone else? Is that the copy that sold on Comiclink recently? Or have I seen this book somewhere else?

Nice books. Especially that Action 7. :cloud9: Is it just me or does that Marvel 1 look familiar to anyone else? Is that the copy that sold on Comiclink recently? Or have I seen this book somewhere else?

yep, one that just sold on comic link, I believe ...

Action 7 is the third Superman cover.

Don't you mean "second Superman cover"? :hi:

*doh*

I was thinking it, along with #1 and #2, were the most valuable books in the run, so the #3 was stuck in my head.

thanks for catching that :)

If thats the case, does anyone know the story behind that book? Seems weird that someone would pay a record price to buy it on Clink a month or two ago only to immediately sell it on Heritage where they're going to get hit with 20%-30% in commissions right off the bat?

Does anyone on here know anything about the history of the book?

If thats the case, does anyone know the story behind that book? Seems weird that someone would pay a record price to buy it on Clink a month or two ago only to immediately sell it on Heritage where they're going to get hit with 20%-30% in commissions right off the bat?

Does anyone on here know anything about the history of the book?

First off, I know nothing aout the history of the Action 7.

Rearding your questions I have no factual answers but here's some speculation for you to ponder:

1)The buyer might be Halperin/Heritage who bought the book for his/their own inventory? A high reserve is placed on the book and if it doesn't sell it looks good in the auction

2)Why do people believe the consignor pays a commission to Heritage?

Maybe Heritage bought it off Clink?

Thats an interesting possibility. I wonder if Heritage buys from Clink very often. That would be especially interesting considering Heritage already has that 8.5 Marvel 1 they have been trying unsuccessfully to sell for so long. But I guess that would make more sense than someone paying a record $75k on Clink to turn around and try to get $100k+ on Heritage so who knows? If Heritage did buy that book I dont think they are doing themselves any favors. (I think it won't look great for them if they put that book up for auction and can't get as much for it as Clink did)

I wonder if maybe that $75k sale reported on CLink didn't end up going through?

actually, it is the consignor that pays....if folks think it is a $80K book, they will only bid $64K for it, taking into account the BP...

Some folks might (and for an 80k book I would hope they do), but I can't tell you the number of times that simple fact escaped people who were complaining bitterly about bidding on Heritage's books. They literally thought they were supposed to bid what they wanted to pay and then factor in the buyer's premium. I actually wrote a buyer's premium calculator at one point to help people who were unclear on the concept.

well then, if someone can't figure out how to add 20% to their bid, not a lot I can say about that :screwy: ....sure, for the $300 book, I guess I really don't consider $360 a bid deal, and I am sure many folks don't...but, when you have $10,000 books, it is HUGE....

surely though, heritage has come through with some great material, and there about 3-4 books I plan on winning, BP be darned :headbang:

Four posts ago you were broke.....now BP be darned?

actually, it is the consignor that pays....if folks think it is a $80K book, they will only bid $64K for it, taking into account the BP...

Some folks might (and for an 80k book I would hope they do), but I can't tell you the number of times that simple fact escaped people who were complaining bitterly about bidding on Heritage's books. They literally thought they were supposed to bid what they wanted to pay and then factor in the buyer's premium. I actually wrote a buyer's premium calculator at one point to help people who were unclear on the concept.

well then, if someone can't figure out how to add 20% to their bid, not a lot I can say about that :screwy: ....sure, for the $300 book, I guess I really don't consider $360 a bid deal, and I am sure many folks don't...but, when you have $10,000 books, it is HUGE....

surely though, heritage has come through with some great material, and there about 3-4 books I plan on winning, BP be darned :headbang:

:signfunny:

Anyone here going after the MF#52? Just curious what kind of price do you think that book will fetch, $20K?

I say at least 25K, maybe higher (shrug)

Yeah this actually wouldn't surpised me if it pushed $30K, its a nice copy of very tough to fine book in unrestored decent condition. I say this book gets picked up by a dealer. Wasn't Pops asking $18K for their 3.0 but I thought I saw a 3.0 sell for $9,000 in GPA a couple years back?

you told me you were spotting me?