• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Trek

61 posts in this topic

...sounds like leonard nimoy's voice in there...

I had the chance to chat briefly with Mr. Nimoy at a local book signing, and he was kind enough to autograph two original scripts I had from the first series.

Sharp cookie at his age, took him all of 3 seconds to ask, "Where did you get these?!" (answer was Desilu Studios sell-off).

Steve, which episodes do you have?

I'd like to comment on Star Trek. I rank the Star Trek universe up high in terms of the amount of joy and entertainment it's brought me these past 40 years. For me, it ranks up there with The Lord of The Rings and Harry Potter and Jane Austen's works as Well as Charles Dickens and H G Wells and Robert Heinlen. Not in that order, though. I'll add in classic cinema, too. I've never been to a Trek convention, but I enjoy it a lot and William Shatner has been a big factor in my enjoyment as well as all the rest.

I had the chance to chat briefly with Mr. Nimoy at a local book signing, and he was kind enough to autograph two original scripts I had from the first series.

Sharp cookie at his age, took him all of 3 seconds to ask, "Where did you get these?!" (answer was Desilu Studios sell-off).

Two first season episodes, Shore Leave and Court Martial...they do have the colored text correction pages, so I'm confident they are final shooting scripts (plus the dialouge matches up when watching the episode).

I bought them 25+ years ago when Collectors Bookstore in Hollywood was auctioning off contents of the Desilu warehouse.

Oh, one has the initials "GR" on the cover... hm

Ha! Seven of Nine aka Jeri Ryan was Voyager. :cloud9:

Please, use her formal title "44 of D".

I thought it was "Seven of 69".

Those are not even close... She was really known as "Ten of Ten" (tsk)

I rank the Star Trek universe up high in terms of the amount of joy and entertainment it's brought me these past 40 years

Agreed - as usual BH, your sagacious thoughts earn a big (thumbs u !

I know what sagacious means,too! But only because I used it once in a play and the director made me look it up. I can't even remeber the play, but I remember the word. I've played a lot of really intelligent characters, but I'm as dumb as a brick. Go figure.

well, the reason I can collect comics, is largely due to Star Trek and its merchandising success...I was first exposed in the early 70's, to reruns, and still remember to this day, dragging my dad to see TMP in 1979 at the "Triple" theatre...

Truly an enjoyable run ST has had, and I hope it continues for a long time...

Two first season episodes, Shore Leave and Court Martial...they do have the colored text correction pages, so I'm confident they are final shooting scripts (plus the dialouge matches up when watching the episode).

I bought them 25+ years ago when Collectors Bookstore in Hollywood was auctioning off contents of the Desilu warehouse.

Oh, one has the initials "GR" on the cover... hm

Fantastic!!! You'll need to show me these the next time I visit. :hi:

I rank the Star Trek universe up high in terms of the amount of joy and entertainment it's brought me these past 40 years

Agreed - as usual BH, your sagacious thoughts earn a big (thumbs u !

I'll join in with that too! (thumbs u

Although admittedly I don't know what sagacious means. (shrug)

Fantastic!!! You'll need to show me these the next time I visit. :hi:

(thumbs u (I imagine the "Court" episode would interest you more, though Shore Leave is a classic)

Very true on both counts!!! Loved the blonde in shore leave. As I recall Dr. McCoy "died" protecting her. One of the few episodes where he apparently had the girl.

. I also think it's easier to intergrate Nimoy since Vulcans live a long time and you can do some old age scenes, wheras Kirk got killed in that stupid Next generation movie when he was younger and thinner. So Shatner, at 77, is still the man, ego or not. What? Actors have egos? No....

My understanding is this is supposed to be a prequel so I doubt Nimoy will be Spock and the whole Generations thing has not even happened.

it is a prequel, but you see spock in the 24th century...maybe a "let me tell you how it was in the beginning" type story?

It's something like that, but Nimoy's Spock doesn't tell a story. He plays an important part. Think on the lines of Terminator movies.

. I also think it's easier to intergrate Nimoy since Vulcans live a long time and you can do some old age scenes, wheras Kirk got killed in that stupid Next generation movie when he was younger and thinner. So Shatner, at 77, is still the man, ego or not. What? Actors have egos? No....

My understanding is this is supposed to be a prequel so I doubt Nimoy will be Spock and the whole Generations thing has not even happened.

it is a prequel, but you see spock in the 24th century...maybe a "let me tell you how it was in the beginning" type story?

It's something like that, but Nimoy's Spock doesn't tell a story. He plays an important part. Think on the lines of Terminator movies.

Spock sends someone back to change history, or perhaps prevent it from being changed?

Spock sends someone back to change history, or perhaps prevent it from being changed?

Something like that. I don't know the full details and the specific spoilers are online. JJ Abrams wanted to do a reboot without having to throw out the continuity of the TV show, but he wanted to set up a franchise with the original crew members. We will see if it's successful.

We are supposed to learn how Kirk beat the no win situation.

Something like that. I don't know the full details and the specific spoilers are online. JJ Abrams wanted to do a reboot without having to throw out the continuity of the TV show, but he wanted to set up a franchise with the original crew members. We will see if it's successful.

Wrath of Khan: Star Trek 2.

"I re-programmed the simulation" - Kirk

We already know.

:)

We already know.

The details. :insane:

He wasn't the one who re-programmed.

We already know.

The details. :insane:

He wasn't the one who re-programmed.

hm pike?