• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Romitaman

27 posts in this topic

Your mileage may vary. If you are a known collector with money to spend, it seems like he gets back to you quickly. I had a very similar experience with sending several emails for a piece and then it was on hold and then two weeks later told it had been sold. Several people have had a good relationship with that site and there are others like me that are still waiting.......

I don't know about time payments. I made 3 purchases of of him each time went smoothly two under a grand and another a little over. Treated me the same on each purchase. He got back to me within a day or two on all three purchases. Worked with me on the price on the higher priced item. I would go to him again for more art.

I've dealt with Mike on a lot of trades... If you've got something he wants, he's quick to respond. If it's something he doesn't want, he doesn't reply. He gets a lot of offers, I'm told, and that may be why he doesn't respond promptly.

I offered cash for a cover a while back and it immediately went on hold. So, I went over to the bank, got some cash and sent him an email asking about the piece and its status (I thought it was mine and wanted it to be mine, but I wanted to make sure). He never responded, then I saw it was sold and that really made me think it was mine.

But, he emailed me back and said it was already bought by someone else, because he didn't get my email in time. Thing was, by coincidence, I was watching the site while he updated it and emailed him as soon as the piece went up for sale.Someone must have been pretty quick to have beaten me.

But, aside from that, I've had good dealings with him. He's a good guy and will work with you on time payments and trades.

Mike B.

I've been buying from Mike on and off for 10 years. He is a nice guy to deal with, but his level of service has been down a bit in the last year...work related, I am not sure. His time payments are very favorable, I have done about 10 pieces from him that way. But he is very very slow to respond now...

I have been trying to get scans from him on about 20 low end pieces for at least a year, and am still waiting! I'm not a high roller, never pretended to be, so I have been thinking lately that I have been pushed back in terms of priority as a result. He has told me about pieces that I have been searching for that he has gotten in, before posting...which is exceptional, especially in this hobby. I know he caters to certain favorite clients, but what dealer doesn't in this hobby.

As far as missing pieces he just posted, I too have experienced it. He posted a Green Hornet cover, and he said my email was 10 minutes behind the other guy. He did tell me to use his website mail form...he did say that it is priority over anything...questions, reserving a piece, etc.

Either way, very trustworthy, friendly dealer...communication has just slipped a bit to the downside.

I ahd a little trouble with my 1st attempt to buy something from him. Basically I was ignored and then a week later the page was on hold, so I assumed that it was for me, and so I sent more emails, also ignored, then the page was sold.

I had the exact same experience and have never even visited the site since.

I'll throw in my 2 cents. Mike has always treated me great whether I was buying a $200 page or several thousand dollar page. He does do time payments as long as its reasonable. You have to remember though that like in all aspects of life whether its right or wrong that money talks, and upfront money from a guy he knows will trump an offer from a guy he hasn't dealt with before. He does work 50+ hours a week at his "real" job so you might have to be patient from time to time. He really is a nice guy and easy to deal with once you get the lines of communication open.

I have bought one item off of him in the recent past and was quite pleased with response and shipping. If I had more moola I WOULD BUY A LOT MORE!!!

He just put up a lot of cool stuff recently!

Mike has treated me well. He let me buy one piece with timed payments and, this year, he shaved the price on a cover I wanted. For me, his e-mails were timely and his responses were friendly (and I am NOT, sadly, a big-money buyer).

I'd be happy to deal with him again.

I bought my first OA from Mike. Actually it was a gift, and this was 10 years ago. But had no problems w/ the transaction. With the community that much larger and more aggressive, I can imagine things might be a little different.

Brian

I have bought several pages and covers from Mike and have always been thrilled with his communication and speed in getting the works to me. I must confess that some of them were pretty high priced works, so while that may be why I got such great service, I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and think that he's that conscientious with every customer he has. Would not hesitate to do biz with him again!

I'll throw in my 2 cents. Mike has always treated me great whether I was buying a $200 page or several thousand dollar page. He does do time payments as long as its reasonable. You have to remember though that like in all aspects of life whether its right or wrong that money talks, and upfront money from a guy he knows will trump an offer from a guy he hasn't dealt with before. He does work 50+ hours a week at his "real" job so you might have to be patient from time to time. He really is a nice guy and easy to deal with once you get the lines of communication open.

Since I love playing devil's advocate I'll do it right now. How long does it take to answer an email?