• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinion on the Iron Man/Subby #1 book?

286 posts in this topic

Well I am truely suprised at the number of copies shown in those pics. hail.gif

Lets put a slightly different spin on things.

Who owns a Pedigree copy of Ironman & Submariner #1 ?????? makepoint.gif

Now things will become very interesting.

Long live IM&SM #1

regards,

Aussie Russ

*where the 893censored-thumb.gif is the sarcasm gremlin?*

yeahok.gif

I'll find one and post it in CG.

thumbsup2.gif

No, I mean yeahok.gif is supposed to be the sarcasm graemlin.

Well yeahok.gif or smirk.gif seems to me what someone who is on the receiving end of sarcasm would do.

I'm thinking the giver of sarcasm would wink and grin but wink.gif seems too friendly for most of the hard bitting sarcasm around here.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Lets put a slightly different spin on things.

Who owns a Pedigree copy of Ironman & Submariner #1 ??????

Now things will become very interesting.

Long live IM&SM #1

regards,

Aussie Russ

As far as I know right now, there are NO pedigreed CGC copies. If there are any out there, please post the info to share with other collectors. There is one collector in particular that would like to know about them. You get ONE guess only who that one guy might be....

CAL hi.gif

Thanks for that Aces.

I made a mistake above and stated that this was the Northland Pedigree copy. Sorry about that, Its obviously the Western Penn Copy foreheadslap.gif

I am trying to upload the Northland picture but I am having some trouble @ my end.

(Yes it appears I don't have a clue how to upload pics properly)

The Northland copy is on it way. thumbsup2.gif

Regards,

Aussie Russ...

Ok This time Here is the picture of the Northland CGC 9.4 copy.

(Problem with scanner fixed. It required a competent operator)

Not quite as square as the Western Penn CGC 9.4 Copy and the pages are not bone White.

Aside from that both have virtualy no spine wraparound.

I know that a CGC 9.2 (Western Penn )copy is out there somewhere... It would be great to see a scan of that one to...

Regards,

Aussie Russ...

589a8aa4598bf_805754-IronmanSubby94Northland001.JPG.4ce01b149ea19fa2900fa007cfa88718.JPG

If you check my recent 30 day bid history you will see that I had bid on at least fifteen(15) Iron Man/Subbys....

I did not remember this one - I don't pay that much attention to the Pedigreed comics - although I do have a few <B>]BOSTON</B> copies and the only ones I recall having( out of the thousands of comcs I have) are the CAP # 100 CGC NM 9.4 and a Metroplolis TTA with Namor on the cover I THINK it is TTA # 72 - I would have to find it to be sure.

So I lost out - if you read my last auction where I sold a cheapo low-grade reader of my "pet" I listed the number of losing auctions where I just could not win any more Iron Man Subbys to save my life. This comic is now <font color = red>RED HOT!!!</FONT>

cal flamed.gif

If you check my recent 30 day bid history you will see that I had bid on at least fifteen(15) Iron Man/Subbys....

Actually, it's at least 16 if you count the IM/SM # 1 you won with the Ebay ID "pianolady2002".

Edit: Whoops, that auction was won more than 30 days ago. The feedback was received about 30 days ago. My mistake...

Cal,

Just FYI, www.gpanalysis lists three CGC'd Western Penn copies of the book and two Northlands.

The WPs are a 9.4, a 9.2, and a 9.0. These could be three separate books or there could have been a resub or two. confused-smiley-013.gif

The Northlands listed are a 9.4 and a 7.0. Doubt there's a resub there.

Red

Hello Everyone.

I can shed some light on the 9.4 Western Penn & Northland Copies.

The Northland 9.4 copy was purchased already slabbed in Dec 2002 and held by the same owner until a few days ago when it was sold to me.

The Western Penn 9.4 copy was purchased a few years back by the same person that owned the Northland copy. It was purchased in raw form and sent for grading (Thus no sale recorded in GPAnalysis.com) The owner sold it to me back in Jan 2005.

I know that I paid a pretty hefty price for these 2 books but at the end of the day I'm a happy little Aussie.

All things going well I will give these books (& the rest of my collection) to my children on there 30th birthday. (I am yet to try for children but its not to far down the track)

Hopefully in the next 30-35 years they may have increased in value a bit.

(Even if they sell for $1 each they won't have cost anything to my future kids so I dont think they can loose)

It would be my hope that my future children may see the value in comic collecting and possibly even continue on with it. Who know's they may trade them all in on a new Playstation 3 or Air scooter instead 893whatthe.gif

Regards,

Aussie Russ

(Future father to be)(Just not quite yet)

The comic is now heating up - I am getting outbid on every one I am currently bidding on -

I may start another selling wave to unload my lower-grade ones

CAL hi.gif

Actually, it's at least 16 if you count the IM/SM # 1 you won with the Ebay ID "pianolady2002".

Edit: Whoops, that auction was won more than 30 days ago. The feedback was received about 30 days ago. My mistake...

If you look on the bid history of that auction you will see pianolady2002( my wife) bid the comic at 17:30-ish - 5:30 PM when she was at her desk at her job - leaving for the day. I had phoned her and asked her to do this for me as I was on the road and unable to get to a computer w/ Internet access. When checking her account you will see she had not used it for over a year.

I don't remember why the Seller( coachjoe10) was a little late with his feedback as I am involved with so many eBay auctions I cannot possible recall every detail but some things I can recall so long as too much time has not passed on...

CAL juggle.gif

And for the record, before any of you monkey boyz get koo-koo....I've personally spoken with Cal's wife on the phone and she is a lovely lady. Not sure what's she's doing with Cal..(just joking....), but she's more than savvy enough to outbid most of us guys on the board in an auction!

Red