• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinion on the Iron Man/Subby #1 book?

286 posts in this topic

Yes I did bid and then the Seller jacked up the Reserve to $450.00. You should read my eMail I sent this clown. He waited for me to bid then jacked it a day or two later. Maybe I should have waited until the last hour or so to bid.

CAL sign-rantpost.gif

Sorry that you missed out. Its a really nice looking copy.

The book looked just as nice as my 2 CGC 9.4 copies.

If I hear or see another Pedigree copy around I will let you know.

At least the high purchase price bumps the average up a bit for when you sell some of your copies. There's an upside to everything.

Regards,

Aussie Russ.

Sorry that you missed out. Its a really nice looking copy.

The book looked just as nice as my 2 CGC 9.4 copies.

If I hear or see another Pedigree copy around I will let you know.

At least the high purchase price bumps the average up a bit for when you sell some of your copies. There's an upside to everything.

Regards,

Aussie Russ

Aussie Russ

While I wholeheartily agree and welcome your positive replies, the only thing that I hesitate to accept is the fact that, yes, the price bumps up my copies' value(s), but I am not trying to make a killing off of him as it probably seems.

Sure, I like a profit like the next Comic Dealer but I am willing to take less than top dollar - if the comics are priced too high that sandbags future sales opportunities and does not help one's reputation as a Comic Dealer. No one likes dissapointment in the hopes of obtaining something of one's Hobby. I don't like to tout my own business here but the few that have already bought from me here know that they got a good deal from me, got what they paid for, and both sides were happy. I guess my goals are changing from 6 years ago when I first started to hoarde this great undervalued Issue. Bottom line: when people eMail me for a copy, I always sell them one at a great price and maintain fairness. I am thinking of starting a Thread of all the Sales I made here and refer from the Search post functions and am now curious how many I have done here.

More later

See ya

CAL hi.gif

why don't you ask eBay? Just eMail Safe Harbor and tell them that you are this self-righteous person that does not stand for this "jackielalor60" to bid on calamerica-collectibles auctions and demand to put a stop to it? Or you could eMail jackielalor60 and ask away for yourself.

lol! We both know that neither of those options will yield any results. Plus, they won't tell me any facts that I don't already know. Only you can do that...

Or better yet just mind your own business.

Why do that? If people did that, we'd never know that sellers like FlyingDonut had a family member shill bid on one of their auctions. Hmmm, I see a lot of similarities between your situation and his. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So just answer this simple question: do you now or have you ever known the password for Ebay ID "jackielalor60"??? confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Has anyone here dealt with Ebay User "alexanderlnorman"?? Seems to have decent feedback, but he got one negative last year, for auction #2208800696. Funny thing is, that auction was for an Iron Man/Sub-Mariner # 1. The negative was given to him by Ebay User "jackielalor60". Weird, huh? confused-smiley-013.gif

Has anyone here dealt with Ebay User "alexanderlnorman"?? Seems to have decent feedback, but he got one negative last year, for auction #2208800696. Funny thing is, that auction was for an Iron Man/Sub-Mariner # 1. The negative was given to him by Ebay User "jackielalor60". Weird, huh?

You again, of course, are incorrect, Stu Cathell.

The comic you refer to was Iron man # 1, not one of my pets that got away.

Your "alexandernorman" or whoever he is started out with 2 negs out of his first 12 or so total feedbacks - he sold the comic out from Jackie before she acknowledged for her to pay. Ask him. All I was told by her was the info just mentioned and that this "alexandernorman" thought that the eMails to him were from ME and this is so incorrect. I had bid on some of his items and asked some questions -and no, he never had an Iron man Subby for sale. If he ever did, it slipped passed me. Ask him. Ask him about her eMails to him because she forwarded them to me. Call my bluff here smart guy! Let's see who is telling what here.

Jackie Lalor used to be an aquaintence - met because of eBay. She has since changes some things and I have not had any contact with her for quite some time.

Now that you seemed to keep trying to trap me( again and again and again) why don't you admit the real purpose; I am a big CGC supporter and that is the crux of your hatred against me. Sprinkle the ingredients that I fight your in$%&g asss every step of the way and I bid in two weeks what you and your so-called Medical Doctor fiancee make in a freaking year - you keep after me and after me and after me and after me. Hell, my CGC collection of Iron ManSubby's could buy and sell you and her 20 times a day - let alone the rest of my collections. Your comics? Beat and complete, because that is where you belong - in that class that cannot participate. Cannot compete - must be green with envy everything I do - and I do this very part-time as a hobby.

People are geting sick and tired of your bullshiit and it is time for you to get a freaking life.

You are the biggest loser there ever was and I saw where you used to work in a comic shop - fanboy total loser geek if there ever was one - imagine you working in my place? I would beat your smart arse in the toliet and flush hard.

Now just die and go away - toitally. If you dislike CGC just admit it and maybe I can somehow lobby Borock to get off his duff and jettison your arse off this Board. Why on Earth would you want to be in a place that supports something you are totally against? You may have tricked some here on the CGC Forum but you have not tricked me. Hold that against me too.

I decided to fight back. Hard. Go cry to the few here that might decide to have you over me.

CAL mad.gif

Taken from lyriacomicexchange.com:

Undervalued Comics

David A Schnebly

Iron Man and Sub-Mariner #1

If you’re a die hard Iron Man fan, you might have noticed that collecting a nice copy of the first issue is next to impossible unless your willing to pay high dollars. And pay you undoubtedly will if you’re one of the millions of fans who desire this highly collective comic issue. What many fans don’t know (or currently don’t consider) is the beginning of Iron Man #1 story continues from Iron Man and Submariner #1. A one shot comic that predates its characters own series and yet also ties directly into it. Once fans figure this out expect the prices to steadily climb in value.

Has anyone here dealt with Ebay User "alexanderlnorman"?? Seems to have decent feedback, but he got one negative last year, for auction #2208800696. Funny thing is, that auction was for an Iron Man/Sub-Mariner # 1. The negative was given to him by Ebay User "jackielalor60". Weird, huh?

Ah yes, popcorn.gif indeed!

Yes, I know that Jackie Remington. I intentionally said it was your "Pet" so you would respond in some manner other than denial or ignoring the post. Your response was perfect, thanks.

Your "alexandernorman" or whoever he is started out with 2 negs out of his first 12 or so total feedbacks - he sold the comic out from Jackie before she acknowledged for her to pay. Ask him. All I was told by her was the info just mentioned and that this "alexandernorman" thought that the eMails to him were from ME and this is so incorrect.

Why would he think that in the first place? Are your email addresses that similar that the seller would make that mistake? Why do you know so much about this?

I had bid on some of his items and asked some questions -and no, he never had an Iron man Subby for sale. If he ever did, it slipped passed me. Ask him. Ask him about her eMails to him because she forwarded them to me. Call my bluff here smart guy! Let's see who is telling what here.

Your telling me more a good story - but still not the whole story, I think.

Jackie Lalor used to be an aquaintence - met because of eBay. She has since changes some things and I have not had any contact with her for quite some time.

Was she the "employee" that was bidding on your auctions when you got NARU'd?

Now that you seemed to keep trying to trap me( again and again and again) why don't you admit the real purpose; I am a big CGC supporter and that is the crux of your hatred against me.

Oh sure, that's part of it, but not the crux, because there are sooo many other reasons to think you're a complete person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag. I am indeed trying to trap you, to show what a lying hypocrite you are, and to expose possible shill bidding on your part. I remember how you would say that people that post with an Altie are cowards, (whether a true Altie or not - to you, "pianolady2002" is not a true Altie), and then you do the exact thing you rant against. You posted on the Ebay Board with your wife's ID (proven that one day when you were outted because of a sign-in mix up) and you even tried it here on this Board. You had the altie "Last_one_in" and posted once. I then posted that I knew it was you because of your "tell" (btw, did you ever figure out what your "tell" is? No, you haven't). And then no more posts from "Last_one_in""...

The crux of my hatred of you is your own doing, steming from your initial Ebay postings (examples include "There are only 3,000 copies of IM/SM # 1 in existence." and the "There will be millions of Spider-Man comics slabbed within CGC's first 10 years.") You were hurt by the truth,and we told it to you straight, and you never forgave the Ebay Posters for it. You felt embarassed, and you lashed out, and things when downhill from there. I can't imagine that you'd be introspective enough to look at yourself objectively and accept the responsibility that you are the source of this problem.

Oh yes, I hold a grudge. I was going to do this 8-9 months ago, but your FDQ departure made it unnecessary. So I saved it for your eventual/inevitable return. Decent timing with the FlyingDonut incident, too.

Sprinkle the ingredients that I fight your in$%&g asss every step of the way and I bid in two weeks what you and your so-called Medical Doctor fiancee make in a freaking year

Why yes, my wife of 10 years is a medical Doctor, and we opened her practice a year and a half ago. Things are going fine, and it's satisfying to know that we can make some money and help people at the same time. That's called being a productive member of society. What do you do for a living? All I know is that you bet on sports and play poker with your greasy friends. Real boon to society there.

- you keep after me and after me and after me and after me. Hell, my CGC collection of Iron ManSubby's could buy and sell you and her 20 times a day - let alone the rest of my collections. Your comics? Beat and complete, because that is where you belong - in that class that cannot participate. Cannot compete - must be green with envy everything I do - and I do this very part-time as a hobby.

Ah yes, there's the "don't get into a pizzing contest with me" blowhard Cal that we all know. Always puffing up his chest to protect his low self-esteem, always trying to rise above his middle-class upbringing to become that "elitist" he dreams to be. 600 copies of some mediocre comic isn't going to do it...

You are the biggest loser there ever was and I saw where you used to work in a comic shop - fanboy total loser geek if there ever was one - imagine you working in my place? I would beat your smart arse in the toliet and flush hard.

Well, you can insult comic retailers all you want (is that wise on a comic chat??) but it's not an insult to me. Oh yes, I definitely worked in a comic book store: Buried Under Comics in Manchester, CT. I enjoyed it. I met lots of like-minded people, had some great conversations, learned a lot, sharpened my grading skills, got some killer deals on great comics, etc. You yourself could not work in a comic store, because your abrasive personality and pompous attitude would drive them away in droves...

Now just die and go away - toitally. If you dislike CGC just admit it

Have you been paying attention for the last 5 years?

and maybe I can somehow lobby Borock to get off his duff and jettison your arse off this Board.

Wah wah - Uncle Steve, Stu's picking on me

Why on Earth would you want to be in a place that supports something you are totally against?

Have you been paying attention for the last 5 years?

You may have tricked some here on the CGC Forum but you have not tricked me. Hold that against me too.

Tricked people? Have you been paying attention for the last 5 years?

So, even after all this posturing Cal, you still haven't answered the question I posed: do you now or have you ever known the password for Ebay user "jackielalor60"??

Taken from lyriacomicexchange.com:

Undervalued Comics

David A Schnebly

Iron Man and Sub-Mariner #1

If you’re a die hard Iron Man fan, you might have noticed that collecting a nice copy of the first issue is next to impossible unless your willing to pay high dollars. And pay you undoubtedly will if you’re one of the millions of fans who desire this highly collective comic issue. What many fans don’t know (or currently don’t consider) is the beginning of Iron Man #1 story continues from Iron Man and Submariner #1. A one shot comic that predates its characters own series and yet also ties directly into it. Once fans figure this out expect the prices to steadily climb in value.

It's a relatively common book (even in 9.4) that is, (strictly IMO of course) less collectable simply because it's a one shot and not part of an established Silver Age series.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I know that Jackie Remington. I intentionally said it was your "Pet" so you would respond in some manner other than denial or ignoring the post. Your response was perfect, thanks.

You lied again, Stupidman - you did NOT know it was Iron Man # 1 vs. the Iron Man/Subby # 1 - you are so engrossed in your hatred( yes you admitted it but more on that later) that you merely mixed them up. What was the grade "alexandernorman" advertised it as? C'mon, smart guy!

Why would he think that in the first place? Are your email addresses that similar that the seller would make that mistake? Why do you know so much about this?

No the eMails could not have been similar - I had the remrem777@aol and I believe Jackie's was a hotmail.com. Also Jackie started her eBay account not too much longer than I did mine, and my oldest daughter Anna was born in 1985 thus she could NOT have had an eBay account as a minor. Do the Math, self-righteous genuis.

Your telling me more a good story - but still not the whole story, I

Now that I am trying very hard to remember the details I should be able to recall a few things - if you correct me I have no problem with that but you are not out to correct me - right??? You have far deeper motives that you admitted to...oh, but you won't be able to correct me unless you somehow are friends with "alexandernorman" and are going to conjure, or as you eMailed me once, put your "spin" on things....Yes I did not forget that...

Was she the "employee" that was bidding on your auctions when you got NARU'd?

No she was never an employee of mine. The employee involved with that was Cheryl Johnston and her son, the charity case(s) I reluctantly agreed to with deep regrets.

Oh sure, that's part of it, but not the crux, because there are sooo many other reasons to think you're a complete person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag. I am indeed trying to trap you, to show what a lying hypocrite you are, and to expose possible shill bidding on your part.

Prove to the world that I am this lying hypocrite. Give it your best shot.

"Expose possible shill bidding on my part?" You better be able to prove that too. Being this self-appointed prosecutor of anyone, let alone me, you better have some fargking FACTS to prove this libel. Get some ISP addresses or whatever you want, it better be good. Make sure you tie up others in this so I might be able to nail them too.

I remember how you would say that people that post with an Altie are cowards, (whether a true Altie or not - to you, "pianolady2002" is not a true Altie), and then you do the exact thing you rant against. You posted on the Ebay Board with your wife's ID (proven that one day when you were outted because of a sign-in mix up) and you even tried it here on this Board.

Yes I did this on eBay to somehow fight fire with fire - to see how it would be to be able to irritate others just like they did to me - and for weeks it worked - but I did not do it here. Can I prove this? You betcha! I was in Randy's office the day he spoke w/ Borock over the phone re: modern Star Wars submissions( that he did NOT send in because he was turned off by the constant infighting here on this Forum and I want to throw this in your face) and some X-Men and Amazing Spider-Man Silver ages( he bought from me btw).

You had the altie "Last_one_in" and posted once. I then posted that I knew it was you because of your "tell" (btw, did you ever figure out what your "tell" is? No, you haven't). And then no more posts from "Last_one_in""...

Sorry - see above - you just struck out and hit more of your own hot air again...

The crux of my hatred of you is your own doing, steming from your initial Ebay postings (examples include "There are only 3,000 copies of IM/SM # 1 in existence." and the "There will be millions of Spider-Man comics slabbed within CGC's first 10 years.") You were hurt by the truth,and we told it to you straight, and you never forgave the Ebay Posters for it. You felt embarassed, and you lashed out, and things when downhill from there. I can't imagine that you'd be introspective enough to look at yourself objectively and accept the responsibility that you are the source of this problem.

Well well well. Hatred. Hatred. Hatred. I want to make sure I got the word/term right, because hatred is pretty extreme. Many nasty and negative images come to one's mind when hatred is the central theme. But at least the world now knows that I was also correct ONCE AGAIN; that Stu Cathell, aka STUPIDMAN does indeed hate CAL for whatever reasons he needs to justify his hatred.

OK now that YOU established your hatred of me, let me add something here: Yes I did post the "yadda yadda millions ASM yadda yadda - but I was NEVER hurt by the truth. The eBay posters ( again you feel the need to keep dragging others in your fight against me) who tried to work with me and educate me on print runs, SNE, CGC slabbing numbers I somehow did not have a problem with. It was a certain handful of arseholes and you were then, and will probably always be, on the TOP of that list.

More: I was NEVER embarrassed by any of that stuff. Petty stuff. Lashed out? Sure, I lashed out AFTER the flaming started. And there are many who knows that the ( I am now qouting Spider-Boy) "constant unprovoked attacks on CAL make him almost saint-like". There are MANY, not just a few, that knows that I speak the truth. This ties in with the next paragraph:

You say "I can't imagine that you'd be introspective enough to look at yourself objectively and accept the responsibility that you are the source of this problem" Oh heaven forbid! Are you referring to the same CAL who repeatedly apologized to that eBay Board and kept waving the Olive Branch of Peace? I can prove all of this as I still saved copies of the Chats. Call my bluff here tough guy! I tried hard to make it work but the majority( yes I said majority and mean it) of the regulars on that love-fest( they constantly try to out-joke/out-pun/out-wit each other in poor parody) ARE adamantly anti-CGC and anti-SNE and anti-anything CAL likes and does. I stopped fighting back for the longest time. But to no avail. You and many others CHOSE to keep the ill-will going and I cannot change that. Now that your colors are now shown, I would not want to change anything about you and your do-gooders at all. Period.

Source of the problem? It only fits in with the mentality that "let's blame everything on CAL " even your constant hatred. How dare you accept YOUR responsibility for your posts and other words that are apparently driven by the most extreme emotion of Humans, hatred. Easier to blame CAL. Blame away. It means nothing. Others can see things for what they are and thank goodness you are not the authority on anything. Periiod.

Oh yes, I hold a grudge.

I guess this fits in with hatred. makes sense. Hatred - grudge - living in the past - over BAORD POSTS for Christ's sakes!

I was going to do this 8-9 months ago, but your FDQ departure made it unnecessary. So I saved it for your eventual/inevitable return. Decent timing with the FlyingDonut incident, too

I know nothing about the Flying Donut stuff and I don't care. Whatever that is stop dragging others in your hatred. Misery loves company and we all see this.

Why yes, my wife of 10 years is a medical Doctor, and we opened her practice a year and a half ago. Things are going fine, and it's satisfying to know that we can make some money and help people at the same time.

Number one I don't believe a single word of this bs - no female MD would be married to some fanboy making minimum wage at your bookstore. And yopu don't help your cause by this magnaminous bs of her becoming a MD of "helping people" - almost all who enter the Mediacl profession are driven by the status and income they can earn with one of the top professions backed and regulated by the strongest Union in the WORLD - thr AMA. Don't forget - I told you this once - I put an ex-spouse through Medical School so you picked a bad choice of YOUR spouses' profession because I might happen to know how all that works in that world. Hmmm....

That's called being a productive member of society. What do you do for a living? All I know is that you bet on sports and play poker with your greasy friends. Real boon to society there

Greasy freinds? What do you really know about them? Really? Prove it.

I bet on sports( football only) and play poker( sometimes - I honestly have been playing less and less and less because I already have money - I don't need to play like I once did) real boon to society? I had a great Civil Service career for 18 years and now own calamerica-collectibles. Maybe you think that I do not own a bona-fide business? Libel that next, wise guy.

That's it? That's all??

C'mon, gimme something to work with ovah heah!

Point 1: You're right, I don't remember the grade, but I have the video capture around here somewhere. Let me check my files...

I do have this video capture handy though...

Point 2: If your emails aren't similar, why would he think it was you emailing him? And yeah, you're right, nobody under 18 has ever signed up on Ebay makepoint.gif

Point 3: Well, I don't even understand Point 3. If it means I want to make you look like a lying hypocritical @sshole, then you are correct.

Point 4. Oh yeah, so sorry, that was a different shill bidder.

Point 5: Oh, right, there's no Point 5. Because you avoided the question again.

Your video capture looks like a doctored up page that was cut. pasted, xeroxed, scanned, then uploaded. Nice try you !!!! Now what else did Jackie bid on? Can she bid my items? If not, why not? Hey, you just about handed me this victory here and I am now glad you did all of this!

CAL hi.gif