• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinion on the Iron Man/Subby #1 book?

286 posts in this topic

never been a big believer in the IM/Subby #1 book as an investment, though I do like the book and enjoy owning a nice copy. But the book appears to be extremely common in high grade. I generally see most dealers with at least one copy of it.

Actually, it's at least 16 if you count the IM/SM # 1 you won with the Ebay ID "pianolady2002".

Edit: Whoops, that auction was won more than 30 days ago. The feedback was received about 30 days ago. My mistake...

If you look on the bid history of that auction you will see pianolady2002( my wife) bid the comic at 17:30-ish - 5:30 PM when she was at her desk at her job - leaving for the day. I had phoned her and asked her to do this for me as I was on the road and unable to get to a computer w/ Internet access. When checking her account you will see she had not used it for over a year.

I don't remember why the Seller( coachjoe10) was a little late with his feedback as I am involved with so many eBay auctions I cannot possible recall every detail but some things I can recall so long as too much time has not passed on...

CAL juggle.gif

So "pianolady2002" is in fact your wife. Is Ebay ID "jackielalor60" the daughter of "pianolady2002" or your daughter from your first marriage? Or your daughter-in-law, (married to your son)? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And your Ebay ID is stupidman, right? How's it hangin' Stu?

Yup, that's me, and that's the only Ebay ID I buy or sell with. But you knew that quite a while ago. My Sig Line here is my own special retarded Stupidman gif, complete with my face. Thanks for asking, things are going great! acclaim.gif

Actually, until today, I didn't know that. I don't hang on the Ebay chat boards.

It's been mentioned on these Boards a couple of times. I've never denied it but I never volunteered any info either. You probably never noticed because, really, who gives a [#@$%!!!] about some anti-slab Bottom Feeder? If roles were reversed, I'd put me on Ignore 27_laughing.gif

who gives a [#@$%!!!] about some anti-slab Bottom Feeder?

We are a small, but vocal, minority. Have to keep fighting the good fight, no matter what the odds! thumbsup2.gif

who gives a [#@$%!!!] about some anti-slab Bottom Feeder?

We are a small, but vocal, minority. Have to keep fighting the good fight, no matter what the odds! thumbsup2.gif

You, my friend, get the Bottom Feeder Seal of Approval! thumbsup2.gif

bfsoa.jpg

I will wear it with pride (for the next few days at least). thumbsup2.gif

The comic is now heating up - I am getting outbid on every one I am currently bidding on -

I may start another selling wave to unload my lower-grade ones

CAL hi.gif

Hi Cal.

I was just having a look around at the latest Heritage Auction offerings and found this nice 9.2 OW / W Pacific coast pedigree copy up for grabs. thumbsup2.gif

As with most Pedigree IM&SM Pedigree's Its not cheap but It could be yours.

Good Luck 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

AussieRuss

589a8aa45caf5_813758-IronmanSubby92PacificCoast001.jpg.4ecff60416dd5fd2ed92465a877dcc56.jpg

why don't you ask eBay? Just eMail Safe Harbor and tell them that you are this self-righteous person that does not stand for this "jackielalor60" to bid on calamerica-collectibles auctions and demand to put a stop to it? Or you could eMail jackielalor60 and ask away for yourself.

Or better yet just mind your own business.

Now back to the grind... 893naughty-thumb.gif

I am somewhat new here, but I have always thought of this book in NM as undervalued! It contains two iconic Marvel heroes and predates both number #1 issues! A recent one in CGC 9.4 sold for about $450 on eBay a few weeks ago. Personally I don't own it, but am seriously thinking it may be a worthwile issue to have....

Of course I gotta agree with you! The Issue is severely undervalued. Now it is real hard to get this Issue in high-grade. Someday it will be non-existent. I am selling all my lower graded ones. My cut-off is VF+ 8.0. Everything else has got to go!

CAL acclaim.gif

why don't you ask eBay? Just eMail Safe Harbor and tell them that you are this self-righteous person that does not stand for this "jackielalor60" to bid on calamerica-collectibles auctions and demand to put a stop to it? Or you could eMail jackielalor60 and ask away for yourself.

lol! We both know that neither of those options will yield any results. Plus, they won't tell me any facts that I don't already know. Only you can do that...

Or better yet just mind your own business.

Why do that? If people did that, we'd never know that sellers like FlyingDonut had a family member shill bid on one of their auctions. Hmmm, I see a lot of similarities between your situation and his. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So just answer this simple question: do you now or have you ever known the password for Ebay ID "jackielalor60"??? confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Hello Everyone.

Just thought I would place a picture of the CGC 9.2 Pacific Coast copy on the board for anyone that is interested.

Regards,

Aussie Russ

Cal, Did you end up throwing in a bid or 3 ???? hi.gif

813758-Ironman%26Subby92PacificCoast001.jpg

Yes I did bid and then the Seller jacked up the Reserve to $450.00. You should read my eMail I sent this clown. He waited for me to bid then jacked it a day or two later. Maybe I should have waited until the last hour or so to bid.

I had this comic won for $220.00 plus the 20% Buyers Premium plus CA State Tax

did not matter - I had the comic basically "won" until the greedy Seller decided to jack the Reserve to $450.00. Of course no one went over my bid of $220.00 - which ws about right to bid the NM- 9.2. Of course now the Seller has to sweat out the return of the CGC comic through UPS( or whatever Heritage uses) to return ship items - and their shipping has some major room for improvement( hehehe) so we shall see if the CGC slab holds up to the return shipping.

That is why I don't care to bid any more Heritage stuff because the Sellers want TOP TOP Dollar - they seem, IMO, unwilling to make a decent profit, they want to maximize every item to the dollar and won''t budge on their price. To pay over $500.00 for this NM- 9.2 is a terrible mistake for the Buyers' part - s/he would be hard-pressed to get the same money out of this if liquidation ever became necessary.

CAL sign-rantpost.gif