• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WAR, HUH, What is it GOOD for? COMICS ! CENTAUR . DC, ATLAS, QUALITY, EC Etc

84 posts in this topic

War Birds #1, Fiction House. 3.5 - 4.0, Guide is $32.00 in VG, Bin $14.00

warbirds0001.jpg

warbirds1b0001.jpg

:takeit:

Start a pile for me, please.

Thanks, Szelim:) (worship)

I think that's about it for right now, I'll have a few more up later or tomorrow. I wonder if cover that LOOK like war but aren't "war books" can count in this thread? hm Tanks;)

I am the Guard, not exactly sure what this is, I don't see it in the guide...but it's about the National Guard, some kind of promo Can't tell the age(3.5),. $8.00 shipped (media in the US, or First Class international)

iamtheguard0001.jpg

iamtheguardb0001.jpg

:takeit:

Jack

Crosspromotional, Ziff Davis published Popular Electronics AND G I Joe. Best guess is they couldn't sell the back cover ad space that month, so they threw up an in-house ad.

G.I. Joe, #12 , Norman Saunders Painted Cover. Ziff Davis pub. 3.0-3.5 $14.00

gijoe120001-1.jpg

gijoe12b0001.jpg

:takeit: and I sure hope that Magic Panel thingie is included.

Jack

Thanks so much, Jack! :acclaim: I don't own a corset, so I can't send one, but I'll ask my Mom;)

The Giants played a GREAT GAME:)

G.I. Joe, #12 , Norman Saunders Painted Cover. Ziff Davis pub. 3.0-3.5 $14.00

gijoe12b0001.jpg

:takeit: and I sure hope that Magic Panel thingie is included.

Jack

Thanks so much, Jack! :acclaim: I don't own a corset, so I can't send one, but I'll ask my Mom;)

Trim unwanted inches off my midriff :luhv:

The Giants played a GREAT GAME:)

Not a big sports fan, but even I enjoyed the ending.

Jack

A few more today...this book is Liberty Scouts #2 (really number 1) From Centaur publications. Published in 1941, its a Gerber 7, so it's scarce. The book has really nice pages and some very interesting stories, origins, I learned on the GA boards, that the title was later changed because the Boy Scouts protested. This is the original.

The book has a solid feel, the main detraction is that dirt stain on the back, it's only on the surface of the cover.It's in the VG (4.0) range even with that back stain.. There is a small piece of tape on the inside of the spine, and spine split about 1.5 inches (I missed that, till after I scanned the pages) so I am going to lower the price.$250.00 $190.00

libertyscouts0002.jpg

libertyscoutsb0001.jpg

Some inner pagesDSCN6800.jpg

DSCN6799.jpg

A few more today...this book is Liberty Scouts #2 (really number 1) From Centaur publications. Published in 1941, its a Gerber 7, so it's scarce. The book has really nice pages and some very interesting stories, origins, I learned on the GA boards, that the title was later changed because the Boy Scouts protested. This is the original.

The book has a solid feel, the main detraction is that dirt stain on the back, it's only on the surface of the cover.It's in the VG (4.0) range even with that back stain.. $250.00

libertyscouts0002.jpg

libertyscoutsb0001.jpg

DSCN6799.jpg

solid book, gustavson art (and a great MOW full pager, as you see)...

The book has a solid feel, the main detraction is that dirt stain on the back, it's only on the surface of the cover.It's in the VG (4.0) range even with that back stain.. $250.00

libertyscouts0002.jpg

libertyscoutsb0001.jpg

DSCN6799.jpg

:hi:You know, Man of War looks familar to me...

libertyscouts0002.jpg

libertyscoutsb0001.jpg

DSCN6799.jpg

Must be the shorts. :o

A few more today...this book is Liberty Scouts #2 ...

.. $250.00

I'd love to see a flat scan or photo of the bottom of that Vapo-Man page!

(But I have this bad feeling it would cost me $250)

Cool, scarce book!

Jack

libertyscouts0002.jpg

libertyscoutsb0001.jpg

DSCN6799.jpg

Must be the shorts. :o

You mean like...he's too sexy for his ...nevermind... :angel: