• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

V for Vendetta Artday! Hyperbole galore!!

13 posts in this topic

I know some serious heavy hitters who were after this page, so big-time congrats on the score!:applause:

As great as the imagery is, it's the writing that really makes this page. A stellar panel page, what comic art is all about. (thumbs u

I know some serious heavy hitters who were after this page, so big-time congrats on the score!:applause:

As great as the imagery is, it's the writing that really makes this page. A stellar panel page, what comic art is all about. (thumbs u

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I defied the ART v. STORY poll, even though I lean ART myself. I think V and Watchmen are two of the only books that inspire me enough to go to the mat and eat tomato soup for a couple months for a panel page. But besides, the art on this page kicks :censored:! lol:cloud9:

Had an interesting chat with Scott Dunbier the other night. I've long considered V to be Alan Moore's best work, whereas the popular opinion seems to favor WATCHMEN. Turns out, Scott (who edited Moore's ABC line at Wildstorm as well as LoEG) feels the same as me. When I suggested that he and I were the only members of that club, he replied that there were lots of other pros who also preferred V to WM. I was stunned! There really is no wrong answer, they're both among the greatest comics stories ever, but it was still nice to hear.

Anyhow, I do believe V's stature will continue to rise with time, so congrats again on a cornerstone addition to your collection (thumbs u

Thanks for the kind words! It would be difficult to choose one over the other but I think V, with as much as is going on in the story, is a broader narrative that's more easily digestible and fundamental to the human experience.

And let's not forget that Felix here has one of my two favorite covers from the series, either of which I would give my other kidney for!!

Ode to Felix

I'm with you on V Felix. But it does come down to individual taste. Just as my preference would be for a DKR page over a KJ. But they are all icons of our collecting "generation".

Landmark page Jon, see why you sold the Sandy page now!