• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kid Komics #2...From a binder (what grade?)

10 posts in this topic

Technical grade = 4.0/4.5? The book obviously looks amazing, but anything with holes through the pages and glue down the spine....not sure it should grade above VG. Dunno though. (shrug)

never ran across one of these, but I kinda see this as a beautiful copy of this book with extensive "spine damage". both in the form of a foreign substance and staining. I am so swayed by the beauty of the book that i'm tempted to think as high as 6.0, but feel that the tiny holes, stains and glue have got to drag it down further.

so put me in the 5.0 camp.................

I would have to grade it "qualified"...with multiple holes (albeit small, are there only 2?) through the entire book, gd/vg is the best technical grade i would give...but, qualified apparent fn, etc...

tough call

Heritage has a bound Superman 1 -12 up for auction. The Superman 1 looks incredible, but if you removed it, it would have the same issue as this book with the holes and glue. It will be interesting to see how that auction does and whether somebody breaks the books out of the bound volume.